JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

.RDMU vs .TXT device upgrade files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl_Boekelheide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: .RDMU vs .TXT device upgrade files Reply with quote

Does anyone have a simple way to get a .TXT file out of a .RDMU file? All of the device upgrades I've used in the past are .TXT and work with the old KM.xls. I've come upon Samsung_BDP1500.rmdu wich doesn't work for me. I've tried installing RM.exe. It doesn't work for me. I don't have the files or structures it expect so it just wanders off and dies silently. RMIR pretends to work but doesn't change state at all when I read Samsung_BDP1500.rmdu. I'm an old time (2002) user of JP1 and got really into it back then writing microcode to give me a double click macro that is really nice. Right now I just want to add my Samsung BDP 1500 to the current configuaration I have without starting from scratch.

Thanks, Karl
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this thread this is the KM version

Samsung bdp_1500
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10362
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. I just made another KM version. I wish I had seen your post earlier. I forgot that it was nearly identical to the 1400 version. Oh well.

In any case, I did learn that if you copy/paste from the RM functions sheet to the KM functions sheet and do the rest by hand, the conversion goes pretty quick. I thought I could copy the Upgrade Code from RM and use the Import function in KM, but I couldn't get that to work.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM's Import function is just for loading a KM upgrade file from the clipboard instead of from a file. It does not parse a device upgrade that can be pasted into IR.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Karl_Boekelheide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Got it thanks Reply with quote

Vicki2003 pointed me to a .txt version she found. I've tweaked it and will put it up in the device files area as soon as I re-figure out how to do that.

Thanks to all, Karl
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: