JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast DVR remote and Marantz Receiver
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icellama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Comcast DVR remote and Marantz Receiver Reply with quote

I'm looking for help with a comcast remote and Marantz SR5300 receiver. None of the setup codes I have found will work for anything. I tried (3)0189 as recommended and also (3)0039,0321,0269. I will add that with these later codes the setup light did not blink twice, it seems only 0189 could be used? I've seen references to this problem in other forums, but no solution. Is there a detailed list of how these remotes work somewhere? Thanks!

1. Device: Marantz SR-5300
2. Type of device: Receiver
3. Year: About 2003
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast 3-1 DVR, newest from service center
5. Do you have a JP1 cable?
6. Still have original remote?
7. Checked the file section?
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm looking for help with a comcast remote and Marantz SR5300 receiver. None of the setup codes I have found will work for anything. I tried (3)0189 as recommended and also (3)0039,0321,0269. I will add that with these later codes the setup light did not blink twice, it seems only 0189 could be used?

The only Audio Marantz code the 1067bx3 has is the 30189 code.

If you had checked our file section you would have seen we have an exact match for your receiver. It uses an RC5\RC5x Combo. Your basic functions Volume, Mute and Power all are RC5 Dev 16 codes and I don't see any devices we can piggyback onto, so if I'm correct the only way we can help you is if you have a cable.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you CAN piggy back this onto the a device code.

Set AUX to 30189

Then
Here's how you program an EFC on the remote...
1) Press AUX
3) Hold SETUP, 2 flashes
4) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap SETUP
5) Enter the 5 digit EFC
6) Tap the button to be programmed, 2 flashes

EFC button
00167 vol up
00199 vol down
00068 mute
00036 power

The Ch+ and CH- and the Number buttons should already work with Audio 0189.

In addition there are some other functions that you can add if you need them.

00012 Dmode (RDS Display)
00140 F/P (Key-in Radio Frequency)
00080 FM
00240 AM
00016 LW
00238 seek up
00014 seek down
00081 Stereo/Mono
00144 Preset Scan
00208 Memory (Store/Execute)
00231 BassUp
00007 BassDn
00166 TrebleUp
00198 TrebleDn
00105 Source Direct
targadoll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar issue with my Marantz SR7001 receiver. I am unable to get my Comcast remote to recognize the SR7001. Your solution looks like it might work on my receiver, however, I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by piggyback? Do you mean that immediately after I enter 30189, I tap the next button I want to program, say Power, then enter 00036; then tap Mute, then enter 00068, etc.? Thank you
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a similar issue with my Marantz SR7001 receiver. I am unable to get my Comcast remote to recognize the SR7001. Your solution looks like it might work on my receiver, however, I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by piggyback?

Without a cable, we have to find something built-in to carry the codes. I think of that as piggy-back but its not a technical term.

Quote:
Do you mean that immediately after I enter 30189, I tap the next button I want to program, say Power, then enter 00036; then tap Mute, then enter 00068, etc.? Thank you

No. After we change the code to 30189 and get the 2 blink confirmation., We have to do the 6 steps to get the remote to paste the EFC to the key.

EFC, is a number that will send a function based on the current setup code.
targadoll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just to confirm, once I've assigned the AUX button to 30189, I do the six steps all again inserting the specific function code you provided for vol up, vol down, etc. in step 5?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, just to confirm, once I've assigned the AUX button to 30189, I do the six steps all again inserting the specific function code you provided for vol up, vol down, etc. in step 5?

I see the confusion. the 30189 was a SETUP code. The original user knew how to do a setup code, so I didn't have to be clear. The steps listed in the first entry were for sticking the EFC's to the keys.

CHANGING A SETUP CODE

1. On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e., AUX).
2. Press and hold Setup until the selected mode key blinks twice, then release Setup.
3. Enter the first five-digit code for your device. (ie. 30189) If you perform this procedure correctly, the selected mode key will blink twice.
targadoll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, somewhat of a newbie, but know enough to be dangerous. There is still some confusion on my part. I know how to Change the Setup code to set the Aux button on the comcast remote to the 30189 Marantz code.

I do this and none of the Comcast remote buttons work the Marantz SR7001 receiver. You give piggyback instructions to set the buttons once the Aux button has been set to the 30189 Marantz Code. I just need to know how to set the function buttons once the 30189 Marantz Code is set.

I quote your post below. Please confirm, AFTER I have changed the AUX setup code to 30189, then I follow your instructions below to program each button on the remote:

Here's how you program an EFC on the remote...
1) Press AUX
3) Hold SETUP, 2 flashes
4) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap SETUP
5) Enter the 5 digit EFC
6) Tap the button to be programmed, 2 flashes

EFC button
00167 vol up
00199 vol down
00068 mute
00036 power

The Ch+ and CH- and the Number buttons should already work with Audio 0189.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do this and none of the Comcast remote buttons work the Marantz SR7001 receiver.

This is of a little concern to me. If you have the reciever turned on and the you turn to tuner, none of the buttons 0123456789 Ch+ and CH- do nothing?

You are using the Comcast remote with the RED ok/select button, right?

I am sensing some aprehension to try this procedure. If you would like to test the codes without pasting them to the buttons, this might ease your mind.

1) Press Aux
2) Point your remote at the recieiver.
2) press the setup button (DON'T HOLD IT)
3) TYPE 00036

This should turn your receiver on or off.

If this doesn't work, then we need to see if then we need to research the SR7001.
targadoll

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is the Comcast remote with the RED OK/Select button. No apprehension, just wanted clarification because I only did step one, enter the 30189 Setup code and that didn't work the remote.

Then I followed your instructions to "piggyback" program the EFC codes below and everything is working. THANK YOU.

00167 vol up
00199 vol down
00068 mute
00036 power

Where can I find a listing of the rest of the 5 digit EFCs for the Marantz?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

994 is not a "setup code", 30189 is a "setup code". 994 is the "keymover" function code. Even though it is usually documented in the European OFA manuals, it isn't typically documented in US OFA manuals. Missing information like that is one of the main reasons that I started this web site. 994 is very well documented here and is common knowledge for most of us.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where can I find a listing of the rest of the 5 digit EFCs for the Marantz?

If you go to the File Section you will a section called Device Upgrades, that has information contributed by the JP1 user communitity. See the section AUDIO link. If you click on that link you will see the various Marantz upgrades we have.

To view those upgrades you'll need to download one of the JP1 programs designed to veiw it.

In the Filesection/Tools/Main link you'll find KeyMaster, and RemoteMaster.

KeyMaster works with Microsoft Excel.

RemoteMaster is a Java based program that doesn't require any expensive software.

If you go the RemoteMaster route, you'll also need to download the RDF files that you find in the main tools section.

You might want to download IR while your at it and see how that would simplify updates.

Normally its pretty easy to pick up an EFC and just use it with a built in code. This 30189 Setup is a Combo code, so there are a few adjustments that need to be done, to get the EFC's in the proper format. If you need a function other than those listed above there is a calculation involved.
j2dap1125

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to uncover an EFC code to change inputs on a Marantz Receiver? I have the SR6003, however the SR5003 EFC codes on here seemed to have worked for me. Just wondering about the inputs.

Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the 7200 upgrades have a bunch of discrete inuput codes that you might try. However it might be hard to get these in operation without a cable because there are a lot of device/function combinations.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mtman74

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I also have a Marantz receiver and followed the instructions in the post and very happy to get volume control and power to work. However, I too would like to get just the input button to cycle the inputs or at least just get the DVD and TV inputs to work.

Is there any way to figure this out without getting a cable?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: