JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rm-Cant get results

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swar

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Rm-Cant get results Reply with quote

The Robman
Ive been strugling with this process for a year. Im STUCK .I want to control my home components with a slingbox. And then hopefully remap the buttons to be more conveniently located on the sling-remote.So far, all i have been able to accomplish with rm, is mere converting available upgrade files to a format the slingbox can use (i.e. .bin), but my rm modifications to them don't work.
example: I import a device upgrade file into rm. Say f.i. "Sony triple megachanger" which somebody posted as Triple changer.rmdu and i set the remote for slingbox. in rm, i go to "layout" tab and try to reassign available functions to different buttons. THen i export binary .bin file to slingbox "sbav" directory. Then use its file name in slingbox settings as the "custom code" for the dvd remote. Q: Ok, then the slinbox remote ends up with the original "upgrade" settings, but not with the new assignments i have made. And certain buttons on the ultimate sling remote remain greyed out no matter what i try to assign in layout of rm, and export as sbav/*.bin. And any "custom" buttons are still only available in slingbox by using dropdown/custom8, etc..??
Please help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: figure out what type of files your Slingbox uses (ie, PL, RV, etc). You can verify your IR blaster version in the Slingbox Properties dialog.

1=JU
2=PL
3=PK
4=RV
5=PL (Slingbox Pro-HD)

If you're not creating the right type of upgrades, the Slingbox won't recognize them. If in doubt, create both PL and RV files.

Step 2: when you create the upgrade file, use a new setup code number for it, such as SAT/2000 (which would create S2000_PL.bin). Then save this in the SBAV folder.

Step 3: when you go back into SlingPlayer to load the new upgrade, select "other" and enter the S2000 code.

I can't tell from your description above if you've done any of those steps, and it sounds like you're continuing to use the built in code rather than the upgrade.
swar

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i have. And im pretty sure its not the built in code because more custom functions become available. But not the new button assignments.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then all I can suggest is that you load up a copy of your RM file, with the Slingbox assigned and the buttons laid out as you want them, then post a link to the file here.

Also mention which buttons that you programmed are not showing up.
swar

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: keystrokes Reply with quote

i will post an example asap. Also, if i can get that far.., Another question:The slingbox software supports keystrokes that seem to be pre-defined. I.e. the keystroke "p" defaults to activating the "play" button. And cursor up on the pc activates cursor up on sling-ap. Is there a way to change these?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: keystrokes Reply with quote

swar wrote:
The slingbox software supports keystrokes that seem to be pre-defined. I.e. the keystroke "p" defaults to activating the "play" button. And cursor up on the pc activates cursor up on sling-ap. Is there a way to change these?

I have no idea, but I doubt it.
swar

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. How do i "load up a copy of your RM file"?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Click on the file section link at the top of the page.
2. Click on the Diagnosis Area folder
3. Click on the Upload link
4. Enter the details and select your file.

then...

5. Click on the file section link again
6. Your new file should appear as the newest file in that folder, then cut & paste the URL for the file here.
swar

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to read my article at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6413
swar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Controling 2 identical devices Reply with quote

I have kiwins "PanasonicDMRJ-0[1].9" file in my slingbox remote. Right now it works with my panasonic dvr.But I have a second panasonic dvr set to "2" on the unit, and "1" on the one that is working with this upgrade. How can I control both. Is it possible? Or, what parameter determines whether a button should control the unit set to "1" or "2"? And what is the terminology for this? Or, how can i change the buttons in rm to control unit "2" instead of "1".
Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Controling 2 identical devices Reply with quote

swar wrote:
I have kiwins "PanasonicDMRJ-0[1].9" file in my slingbox remote.

Rather than ask us to try searching for that file and ask you to confirm if we've found the right one, all of which takes time, could you instead just post a link to the file in question.
swar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link to the file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4411
swar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Please Help Reply with quote

Ive posted the link to the upgrade file. But my question is more general.If you have 2 identical units.And the manufacturer (panasaonic in this case) has you identify them by button press (on the physical remote) by #1 and #2, what setting does this difference appear as in jp1 terminology? Or, how can i change from #1 to #2 w/ settings in rm?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, to answer that question, we would learn samples from the remote when it was in "#1" mode and then again when it was in "#2" mode and we would compare the signals to see what changed.

If the device code changed between the two, we would adjust the device code. If the sub-device code changes, we would adjust that. Etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: