JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LG LHT764 HTIB volume with Comcast DVR 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceshooter16

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: LG LHT764 HTIB volume with Comcast DVR 3 Reply with quote

Hey, I've been looking all over for a solution to this problem with no luck and I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help. Using my Comcast DVR 3, I am able to power on/off my LG LHT764 HTIB and also control its dvd playback function. However, I am unable to control the volume (the only thing besides power that I want to control). Currently I am using code 20741. Nothing else seems to be working. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long shot, but you could try advanced codes vol up 00056 or 28901, and vol down 00054 or 28389. To test advanced codes, press and release the setup key followed by the above codes.
iceshooter16

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I sound dumb here, but to test the codes I just press and instantly release the setup key and enter in one of the codes? Don't you have to hold setup in until the mode button blinks twice?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceshooter16 wrote:
... to test the codes I just press and instantly release the setup key and enter in one of the codes?
Precisely
Quote:
Don't you have to hold setup in until the mode button blinks twice?
Not in this case. Only do that to change setup codes. You want to keep the same setup code that you're using now. I gave you advanced codes, which are a different animal. If they work, post back and I'll tell you how to assign them to your vol key permanently. I wouldn't hold my breath though. I found some obscure codes that might work, but it's a long shot, as I said.
iceshooter16

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I tried the codes that you gave me and none of them worked. Just to make sure I did it properly, I hit setup and then typed in a code then pressed the corresponding volume button. I guess it's time to try the obscure codes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did it right except for the last step. Just press setup and the code, that's all. The command is sent when you press the final digit. Unfortunately those were the obscure codes I was talking about.

Something else you could try would be every code from 00000 - 00255 using the same procedure (setup - five digit code). But that too may be pointless due to the protocol this device uses.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with another idea.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceshooter must be using the 1067Bx3 since this takes 5 digit codes. The 20741 setup is a Nec1x,45,45 code. I think iceshooter is going to have to work his way through all 256 possible EFC codes, (although I think there are only 128 possibilities with a NEC code, but I don't know the rules to elimate half of them). If none of the possible EFC's will control the volume, I suspect that the user really needs the Official VIDEO 1906, which is a NEC1x 44,44 signal for the LG HTIB (LG LHT9654) devices.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I(although I think there are only 128 possibilities with a NEC code, but I don't know the rules to elimate half of them).

NEC uses all 256 efcs, what you're thinking of is that some manufacturers only use 1/2 of the codes by eliminating certain ranges, but not everybody does this, so you can't count on it.
kupakai

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I iceshooter, I briefly replied to your post in AVS forum. I'm glad you found this forum, since as you can see, there are lot more people here that is knowledgeable about your remote that can help you.

I've looked around for ir codes for the device, and couldn't find anything, but my guess is that vicky is correct in that it would use NECx1 44,44, which I don't think your remote has, and you would need to get a cable to add the upgrade to your remote using the software available here. However, if you want to try some codes as mdavej mentioned, you can eliminate some of the code you can try out of the 256 possible ones by looking at this upgrade file and seeing which codes are already defined and eliminating those. Also, beware that some codes, as listed in that upgrade file, goes into system resets, and other hidden system menu that might get your device into modes you might not want to be in.
iceshooter16

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the replies! I will try all of the codes like suggested and report my findings. I am really hoping that I can find a correct code for these and not have to get a cable and upgrade my remote.
iceshooter16

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am pretty sure I have found every function other than Vol+, Vol-, and Mute. Since i'm able to find everything else, does that mean the volume codes are still there, just not found yet? Or does this mean my remote is not using the correct protocol?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: