JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Phantom Buttons not working (OFA-9910)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Phantom Buttons not working (OFA-9910) Reply with quote

First I thank everyone for the past support; I've learned alot. My current issue is applying phantom buttons in macros for samsung TV via IR.

Upgrade file (Samsung LN46A550): http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5513

My unsuccessful IR macros are: [M1] AUX (samsung TV);Power;Phantom1 (select component1);CBL;Power and [M3] AUX (TV);Power;Phantom2;RCVR/AMP;Power;DVD;Power. When Macro1/3 is pressed I want the TV to change to Component1 (M1-phatom1) and HDMI1 (M3-phantom2). As of now TV remains at last mode. In advance thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next step, try programming the discrete functions to regular buttons and then try the macros, also try the buttons by themselves to see if the discrete codes themselves work.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Next step, try programming the discrete functions to regular buttons and then try the macros, also try the buttons by themselves to see if the discrete codes themselves work.

How do I do this? I have select Component1 on Phantom1 - select HDMI1 on Phantom 2 in RemoteMaster; not unless you mean use the assigned keys in the macros? Would this eliminate the phantoms?

I assigned Select Component1 to STOP (M1) / HDMI1 to REC (M3); adding the keys to the macro(s). Neither macro works.

Via Macro(s), I'd like to be able for the TV to change modes: Component1/HDMI etc for M1 and RCVR/AMP switch to AV1 (video1) for M3 button.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob asked you if you have tested those discrete functions alone? Do you know that they work?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If those functions do work, you likely just need more delay after powering on the tv. One way would be to delete phantom1 from m1, and add TV;phantom1 to the end of m1. If that provides enough delay, do the same to m3. If that doesn't work, assign component1 to a real button so you can experiment. Then press TV, power and see how long you need to wait before pressing your component1 button works. Now you can load the pause protocol and use the delay time you determined manually (that's another discussion).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
I assigned Select Component1 to STOP (M1) / HDMI1 to REC (M3); adding the keys to the macro(s). Neither macro works.

Does pressing the STOP and REC buttons select the right input? This question is to determine if you're using the right codes, if pressing the buttons doesn't work, you need to find the right codes.

If pressing the buttons works, but using them in macros doesn't, sometimes changing the order of things in the macro will help, or putting a meaningless button in between other buttons will help. Some buttons just don't work well in macros, so some experimentation is needed to find a sequence that will work.

Another possibility is that you need a long hold of the button and the macro is giving you a short hold. To test this, once you've verified that the buttons themselves work, try creating a macro that has just one step, that being either the STOP or REC button, and see if that works. If it doesn't, then it's not the sequence that's the problem, it's probably the duration.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
radunn wrote:

Does pressing the STOP and REC buttons select the right input?

These work instantly as soon as pressed.
Quote:

If pressing the buttons works, but using them in macros doesn't, sometimes changing the order of things in the macro will help, or putting a meaningless button in between other buttons will help. Some buttons just don't work well in macros, so some experimentation is needed to find a sequence that will work.

I added SWAP button between Power/Play at m1: TV;Power;(swap);play, deleting CBL;Power.....does not work
Quote:

Another possibility is that you need a long hold of the button and the macro is giving you a short hold. To test this, once you've verified that the buttons themselves work, try creating a macro that has just one step, that being either the STOP or REC button, and see if that works. If it doesn't, then it's not the sequence that's the problem, it's probably the duration.

Creating the one-step macro does not work either; most likely it IS the duration. Thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to send the same function twice successively in a macro? Sometimes a simple fix like that will work.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are ways to extend the duration in macros, but I've never used any of them so someone else would need to step you through the process. I believe the main one is the "Device Combiner with Duration".
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Device combiner allows one to extend the duration of any function in the DC upgrade, but it is limited to 1-byte functions. Haven't looked at the Samsung upgrade to see if it qualifies.

Any duration setting in a DC upgrade applies all of the time, not just in macros. It might be the simplest solution for the OP.

Amazon Firestick
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Device combiner allows one to extend the duration of any function in the DC upgrade, but it is limited to 1-byte functions. Haven't looked at the Samsung upgrade to see if it qualifies.

If you find out please let me know how to go about it; thanks!!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radunn, Your device uses Nec2 protocol, so you can use DC to extend the duration BUT before we send you down that road I'd like to see your IR file to make sure you haven't made a beginners mistake in putting together your macros.

Post your IR file in the diagnosis area, and post a LINK to that file here.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky thank you. File link > http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6627

I removed the Phantom macro inserts from the current IR file. Phantom1 (select component 1) was inserted after AUX (device button/samsung TV);Power at M1. M3's (not included) Phantom2 (select HDMI 1) was similar to M1 phantom insert. Again thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radun, I see that you have diligently cleaned up after yourself so there is no clue as to what your keymoves looked like, on either the STOP or the Phantom button.

However if I was putting this macro together, I'd at the very least move the device selection to after the Cbl,Power, Aux, Phantom because its not unusual for devices to need a few seconds after powering on to respond to the next command.

If that isn't enough, I'd do a pause into the macro, by either creating a pause protocol and device in RM or KM or using the old Zenith trick.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
However if I was putting this macro together, I'd at the very least move the device selection to after the Cbl,Power, Aux, Phantom because its not unusual for devices to need a few seconds after powering on to respond to the next command.

Ok, when I add Phantom 1 etc., or Stop/Rec to the macro, should it follow the device key or is it not needed? i.e. AUX;Phantom1/Stop or just phantom1 or stop
Quote:

If that isn't enough, I'd do a pause into the macro, by either creating a pause protocol and device in RM or KM or using the old Zenith trick.

This is what I aim to do; can you assist me in doing so? In advance thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: