JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How high do EFC codes go?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwinters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: How high do EFC codes go? Reply with quote

subject says it all, I am trying to find the other codes for my LG Flatron TV. But I want to know what the maximum efc code is - is it 255 or can I go higher?
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is 255. You can go higher, but 256 is as the same as 0, 257 as 1, 258 as 2 and so on.

Uwe
mwinters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uwereinert wrote:
It is 255. You can go higher, but 256 is as the same as 0, 257 as 1, 258 as 2 and so on.

Thats what I thought - thanks..
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: How high do EFC codes go? Reply with quote

mwinters wrote:
subject says it all, I am trying to find the other codes for my LG Flatron TV. But I want to know what the maximum efc code is - is it 255 or can I go higher?

WARNING! WARNING! Shocked

Danger, Will Robinson! Shocked

Be advised that certain EFC codes may send your TV into a Service or Maintenance Mode, Embarassed from which you may be unable to extricate yourself without altering system settings that you have no knowledge of how to restore. Twisted Evil

There are multiple threads in this and the predecessor Yahoo forum about this topic. Random testing of EFC's with TV's is a risky business. Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know what protocol your TV uses, you can try the codes in OBC order rather than EFC order. Most OEMs arrange their IR signals in OBC order and all the OBCs are usually grouped together. For example, if the original remote has just 30 buttons, you will probably find all of the OBCs in the range o thru 40 (or so).

What difference does this make?

Well, the chances are VERY good that those discrete codes that you are looking for are also in that 0 thru 40 range, so once you eliminate the OBCs that you already know about, you might only have 10 or 20 OBCs to test, rather than blindly testing all 256.

Also, rather than using the tiresome SETUP+nnn method, you could create an upgrade with all the unaccounted for OBCs programmed to buttons.

But, please pay attention to the Capn's warning, testing EFCs with TVs can be very dangerous!
mwinters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How high do EFC codes go? Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

Be advised that certain EFC codes may send your TV into a Service or Maintenance Mode, Embarassed from which you may be unable to extricate yourself without altering system settings that you have no knowledge of how to restore. Twisted Evil

There are multiple threads in this and the predecessor Yahoo forum about this topic. Random testing of EFC's with TV's is a risky business. Sad

I have only found about 5 efc's, one being the access to the service menu which though interesting is exitable by powering off the tv.. (have not changed a thing).. Another maybe what is called discrete off, but if pressed a second time within a couple of seconds the tv goes into some power off mode where it wont respond to the remote and must be switched off by the power off switch on the front..

Another odd one, switches the tv on, goes to the first channel and sets the volume to 0...

I have found usefull ones for direcly switching to the s-video and composite inputs....

most of the obc/efc codes for this remote are all over the place.. so checking them all is about all I can do..

Mathew.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're making good progress then, be sure to load up an upgrade file that contains all the codes you found when you are done.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using setup code TV_0019, 0030, or 0178? Those are all NEC1:4 and it looks like LG uses that protocol/device for most of it's TV's.

Someone recently posted a spreadsheet of all of LG's newer discrete commands by model but here is the universe where there are duplicates of the same command it has a slighly different function by model:

NEC1:4

OBC EFC
081 105 S-VIDEO & POWER ON
081 105 S-VIDEO or S-VIDEO 1
090 231 VIDEO & POWER ON
090 231 VIDEO or VIDEO 1
118 134 4:3 (ASPECT RATIO)
119 138 16:9 (ASPECT RATIO) or WIDE
152 253 RGB & POWER ON
152 253 RGB 1
153 001 AUTO CONFIGURE
175 098 ZOOM (ASPECT RATIO)
191 034 COMPONENT & POWER
191 034 COMPONENT or COMPONENT 1
196 172 POWER ON
197 176 POWER OFF
197 176 SYSTEM OFF
198 174 RGB2-DVI or RGB-DVI or PC
208 109 VIDEO 2 or VIDEO(Exp.)
209 113 VIDEO 3 or FRONT-VIDEO
210 111 VIDEO 4 or FRONT-VIDEO
211 115 S-VIDEO 2
212 108 COMPONENT 2
213 112 RGB-PC or RGB
214 110 ANT/CABLE or TV
215 114 RGB-DTV
216 237 S-VIDEO
mwinters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using NEC1:4, I have setup my own device from learning its remote.

The 105 works for SVIDEO for me, but when the tv is off, that button becomes power/on to component input, likewise 253 sets the tv to component, unless its off which the tv powers to s-video? thats rather odd..

I found the codes above dont do much for me, I found on my tv..
EFC...
017 - shows the config menu set to tilt.
015 - power off / system off (second press).
014 - power on, channel 1, sound set to 0 (this is strange)..

019 - shows the service menu (interesting to look at), repeated presses show different service menus.

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on that spreadsheet and having a look I cant seem to find it anywhere. I have uploaded my LG codes as LG_Flatron.txt a couple of weeks ago.

Mathew.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathew,

Here is a link to the spreadsheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: