JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advanced Digital Broadcast model ADB5810 IPTV stb
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strathacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Advanced Digital Broadcast model ADB5810 IPTV stb Reply with quote

I have posted a file here :
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5960

that contains learned codes for an ADB5810 IPTV Set Top Box. These codes should also work on the ADB2500 and ADB3800W.

I was able to build the JP1.2/1.3 serial adapter, thanks Tommy Tyler for the schematic.

Learned the codes into a Radio Shack 15-135, end goal is to create a Slingbox remote for these ADB boxes. Unfortunately IR doesn't seem to decode the learned codes correctly, thus the post here.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started looking at these signals. Treating "1" as "+300 -0" and "0" as "+0 -300" I get a 9 byte signal where the first 4 bytes are fixed and the next 5 bytes are variable (and some bytes vary more than others). It looks like the last byte is probably a checksum byte.

The main signal repeats while the button is held, and then there's a 2nd signal that is sent when the button is released (where a couple of bits are different).

I don't have time right now to figure out the formula for the checksum, etc so I'm posting a spreadsheet which contains the binary in case anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

The first sheet ("repeat") shows the repeating part of the signal and the second sheet ("extra") shows both parts of the signal (for the few buttons where it was captured).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5961
strathacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,

Thanks for starting to look at this. I myself am a noob to JP1, so I probably won't be a lot of help on the decoding side. I did want to pass on some more info, not sure if it is relevant or not.

These set top boxes come with a remote manufactured by UEI. UEI calls it the "Potenza". I have verified that it works with the JP1.3 adapter, ie I can download from the remote, but of course there is not an RDF file for that remote.

Is this information useful? Is there something we can do with the original remote to simplify the process of creating an upgrade file? Again, my real goal is to get the ADB boxes working with a slingbox.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely download the remote into IR using the "Enable Raw Download" option. (It's on the "Advanced" menu selection on top, and reveals a new "Raw Download" button on the General Tab.)

Post that file to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it here.

You can read the remote's signature on the last "Raw Data" tab.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the code is in there as an upgrade, in which case I can translate it so you can use it in your other remotes.
strathacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have posted this file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5962

Which should be a raw dump of the remote for the ADB5810.

The remote is a 5 device remote and just in case I set the other device buttons to known codes. Here is how they are set:

tv = 0003
aud = 0531
dvd = 1072
aux = 0641
stb = this is the one we are interested in, it controls the set top box

Thanks for everyone's help so far..
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this remote look like? I don't have IR available here at work, but looking at your IR file in Notepad looks like the signature in the file is 30333033, which is an identified rdf. It is used in two remotes we know of so far, the Atlas 5-Device DVR (Day) remote (URC-1055) and the Atlas OCAP DVR remote (URC-1056).

Go to the "Atlas remotes" sticky post in the General forum and take a look at the pictures there. Is your remote one of those?

If not, it is yet a third remote with the same signature.

Regardless, the rdf's have only minor differences, and with the same signature, either of the two rdf's should be sufficient to get you started, with perhaps a mismapped button or two. Make sure you have the latest rdf zip file unzipped on your computer and make sure that IR is "pointed" to it properly (File>Set directory>RDF)

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
strathacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like the ones posted in the General forum.

I have posted a pic here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5966

Last edited by strathacker on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
strathacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am feeling like I made things harder than they should be.

I have downloaded the ADB remote again using the Atlas 5-Device Day RDF, and it looks pretty close. It shows the correct codes attached to the device keys, and under devices there is an entry for Cable: 0206 with a list of buttons. Is it really as easy as copying this over to remote master and making an upgrade file?

I tried clicking the "Copy to Clipboard" Button on the devices tab in IR, then in RM File->Import From Clipboard but I get a message that the import is not valid, it does not contain a value for Remote.name

Are we getting close? I apologize if I have made this harder than it should be. I am off to read some more, if anyone can push me in the right direction it is always appreciated.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the picture of the remote is pretty bad, but it looks like it has FOUR "color" buttons, so my initial assumption would be that it is more similar to the OCAP than to the 5-Device (Day), but that's small potatoes.

As for the upgrade, it is CBL/0206, it uses a BUILT-IN protocol (ID 01 61 - no upgrade!) which I cannot tell what the heck that is.

In devices.xls, that setup code is shown to use PID 0015, while PID 0116 is listed mostly as PID 0161 or something called i3micro, and I'm pretty darned sure that none of our tools has that PID referenced or built-in.

Additionally, I am unable to import that CBL/0206 upgrade into neither RM nor KM, so ....

EXPERT TIME!!

Rob? anybody?

Amazon Firestick
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The STB code is in there as an upgrade, so I will be able to use it to create an upgrade file, but I don't have time to do it right now. Give me a few days.
strathacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman, I really appreciate it!
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: This 0161 protocol(i3micro) is the same as the one used in the Telefonica remote mentioned here.
strathacker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the crappy pic the first time, I used my webcam to get a quick pic. I have posted this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5966

which is a better pic taken with a digital camera. Capn you are right, it does have four color buttons. This pic makes that clear.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The STB code is in there as an upgrade, so I will be able to use it to create an upgrade file, but I don't have time to do it right now. Give me a few days.
Yeah, Rob, the DEVICE upgrade is in there, but there is no PROTOCOL upgrade, and I don't see the protocol anywhere in the RM or KM (PID 01 61). How do you deal with a circumstance like that?

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: