JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Starting up with a URC-6025

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Starting up with a URC-6025 Reply with quote

Hello

I've adhered to Digital TV and my service provider provided me with a HD+DVR box that uses a

URC-6025R01-03
S3F80JBBUF-COCB
SIO:1808-3070

remote.

I noticed that it can control other devices but the main problem is that I cant access all the functions of other remotes I have. So I cant lock them away.

I started seaching on the Internet about other remotes. Philips remotes looked good.
Then I started to search specific information for my remote and came to this website.

Is this remote any good ? I foud almost none information about it.
Should I use this remote or buy other JP1 remote ?
Can I control more devices that the three supported by the remote ?

My remote has the six pins accessible with the 1.3 version printed.

I want to control my SaMSUNG WX28w6vn and a Yamada DVD6700X and if possible other devices.

I also know that I have to make/buy a cable for connecting to the PC.

Thanks in advance.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any information about the 6025 remote on this website. Here is one source of information that may be pertinent: http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/residential/inhome/digital-tv/telstraclear-universal-remote-manual.pdf. Perhaps there are more codes listed in the link than you already have, and one of them may be closer to your components.

You've listed a Yamada DVD player, and a Samsung something (TV?). The Samsung model number seems to be for the remote rather than the TV. This website has an upgrade for a Yamada 6100 DVD, and likely the EFCs listed there will control your player.

You can learn about EFCs and a lot of other stuff in http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009. Look specifically at the WHAT and WHY of JP1. See also http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5425 for instructions on how to manually program some aspects of the remote without a cable.

I suppose, but don't know, that the 6025 remote has support for 4 devices. The Comcast remotes that I own have three device buttons, but a fourth device is available, and I use the fourth device by using keymoves. I needed a JP1.3 cable to set that up however.
Thorak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply 3FG

I saw already the PDF you send me. I have all the supported codes for the remote. But some specific functions just dont work and I would like to remap the keys at my own way
My TV is a Samsung Super Hitron WiDE and her factory model is WX28w6vn. What you see when you google it, its places to buy remotes for this TV.

I disassembled the remote and took some pictures. With your expertise I would like to know if you can conclude anything about the hardware.

Front

Back (We can see 1.3 printed version near the connector)

So the final questions are: Is it worth to use it as a general remote fom my devices or its better to buy a new one ?
If I buy a new one, can I copy the cable TV settings to the new remote ?

Thanks

Last edited by Thorak on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't tell you whether you need a different remote or not-- we don't really know the capabilities of the one you have, nor can we really know how many devices you may want to control.

However, the one you have almost certainly can control all aspects of a Samsung TV and very likely will control your Yamada DVD. Both of those components apparently use the most common of IR protocols (NEC). You don't need a JP1.3 cable to add whatever functions are missing from your remote, although it would make adding the functions more convenient. You just need to read how to test EFCs, and how to implement them in your remote via keymoves. You can find the necessary EFCs in the upgrades that are available in the file section (look at the top of this page). It is easiest to install RemoteMaster 1.93 in order to extract the EFC and function names from *.rmdu files. You can find the RM executable in the JP1-Software Forum.

You also could buy a different JP1 remote. It is highly likely that you would be able to control your Cable box/DVR with the new remote.
There are at least three ways:
1. Get a learning remote and teach it all the functions from your existing remote. In this case you don't even need a JP1 style remote.
2. Perhaps the setup code you use with your existing remote for the cable box is standard. You could check this by "blinking out" the actual setup code you are now using, and see if it matches a standard setup code. If so, you should be able to buy a new remote with the same setup code. Two of the links I provided above give instructions on reading out the existing setup code.
3. Perhaps your cable company supports the cable box via an upgrade. That means that they uploaded, using a JP1.3 cable, a custom page of EFCs and assigned it a custom setup code in the remote. If so, you can, with a JP1.3 cable, download the upgrade from your existing remote and then upload it to the new one. If the button names of the two remotes don't match, you can re-assign the various EFCs to different buttons. (Note that in general you can't download the pages of EFCs that are provided as standard.) You'll need to get the program IR.exe to use with the JP1.3 cable.

My advice is to start by trying to control all of the functions on your TV and DVD using your existing remote. That will give you some idea of what kind of keys you need in a universal remote. I'd guess that a remote which has the keys to control a DVR could also control a DVD easily.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that if you do get a JP1.3 cable and we need to create a new RDF for this remote, the button codes are printed on the PCB, and the button names are printed on the other side of the PCB, so that's one piece that's already taken care of.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the manual. It uses "non-standard" 4 digit codes, so we can't make guesses at functions based on the 4 digit setup codes. The only 99* commands mentioned in the manual are 990,991,993 commands.
damir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I took a look at the manual. It uses "non-standard" 4 digit codes, so we can't make guesses at functions based on the 4 digit setup codes.

4 digit setup codes in the manual are standard UEI codes + offset 30
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the home page for this remote:

And here's the button list for the future RDF:

options=1,
power=2,
dtv=3,
tv=4,
dvd=5,
1=6,
2=7,
3=8,
4=9,
5=10,
6=11,
7=12,
8=13,
9=14,
0=15,
text,-/--=16,
sub/av=17,
vol+=18,
vol-=19,
mute=20,
info=21,
ch+=22,
ch-=23,
skip-=25,
up=26,
down=27,
left=28,
right=29,
ok=30,
epg=31,
tv/radio=32,
RED=33,
GREEN=34,
YELLOW=35,
BLUE=36,
rewind=37,
pause=38,
stop=39,
ffwd=40,
skip+=41,
menu=42,
lib=43,
record=44,
timer=45,
back=46,
clock=47,
play=48,
ppv=48
Thorak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you.

I'm going to get a jp1.3 cable and read the info about programming the remote

I will post later for dificulties/progresses.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the URC-6026 included with Access HD DA-1080U dtv converter:

urc-6026.

This takes 5 digit setup codes, just the standard codes with prefix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: