JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem installing RemoteMaster 1.93

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Problem installing RemoteMaster 1.93 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been having a problem installing RemoteMaster v1.93 on my new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed.

I am able to download the program but when trying to execute the setup.bat file an error occurs. The error message states that 'java' has not been recognised as an internal or external command ?

I checked that java run time environment is installed and this is under the following path:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_01

When searching the net I found a message stating that if the command 'Java -version' does not work at the command prompt there is a problem with the enviromental variables. This did not work.

Has anyone else had similar problems or have any advice on how to fix this ?

Thanks

Goggs75
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have 64, but you could try editing the setup.bat file and replace "java" with the full path "C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\java.exe". You'll have to use quotes, so the whole line ends up looking like this:

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\java.exe" -cp RemoteMaster.jar Setup
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried mdavej's suggestion of editing the setup batch file and this allowed it to run successfully.

There is still a problem running the RMASTER batch file created (RMASTER.BAT)although I have been able to run RemoteMaster by selecting the exectable jar file (REMOTEMASTER.JAR).

I tested RemoteMaster by trying to load a keymap master file I previously created, this was successfull. It is also showing the image of the remote control I selected successfully.

Does anyone know if the problem caused by the full 'java' path having to be entered is likely to cause further problems with RemoteMaster or if this hurdle is now clear ?

Thanks for any advice.

Goggs75
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it runs, you're fine. HERE's how to make a shortcut so you don't need the bat file. The included readme has the details. You'll have to substitute your vista 64 paths if they're different.

You may want to edit setup.reg in notepad and make sure the paths in there are ok too. That will control whether or not you can double-click rmdu files to open them. You see a bunch of \\ in the paths in that file. Keep those as is. Once it's fixed, double-click the setup.reg file to enter the changes into the registry.
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mdavej,

Thanks for your advice, I have managed to setup the shortcut you provided. There was no need to change the setup.reg file.

Cheers

Goggs
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: