JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR v8.01 wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The biggest thing I've wanted to see in IR for a long time:
Ability to sort key moves, macros, and special protocols. Up and Down buttons would suffice.

This feature has been in IR for a long time, its just not readily apparent. Just grab onto the gray # column and drag it where you want it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
Can the "highlilght raw data" capability be extended to device and protocol upgrades? And to individual settings on the General Tab?

... I hadn't thought about the Settings grid. That one should be straightforward.
Oh dear, I really shouldn't tempt fate like that! That one's been something of a nightmare! The easy problem was that settings are set bitwise, not bytewise. So each setting byte in Raw Data now shows colors in 8 vertical bands, one per bit. The difficult one was putting multiselect on the Device Buttons and Settings grids in a way that makes them interact nicely with the edit boxes. It seemed simple enough - just hide the edit boxes when more than one row is selected - but in practice, doing it without causing unwanted side effects was horrendous. It wasn't even strictly necessary, but you can highlight multiple entries in the other grids so it seemed unprofessional not to make them all consistent. For the same reason I wanted multiselectable highlighting also working on the Device Buttons grid. I hope I'm not tempting fate again by saying that at last I think it is all working. So highlighting now works in all the grids and also in the device and protocol update and the learned signal listboxes - by which, of course, I mean that these all highlight the corresponding data in Raw Data panel.

TheShanMan wrote:

Ability to sort key moves, macros, and special protocols. Up and Down buttons would suffice.

Vicky's already answered this one, but I want to add that in IR 8.01 Development Build 0 you can select multiple rows of key moves, etc. and drag them up and down as a single block.

Graham
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! With up/down buttons elsewhere in IR I would have expected to have these available on the main tabs too. I also tried dragging a row, but didn't think to grab the # part - I tried grabbing from the main part of the row. So I'd say it's not the most intuitive part of IR, but it's good to know it can be done after all these years of silently wishing!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:
Very cool! With up/down buttons elsewhere in IR I would have expected to have these available on the main tabs too. I also tried dragging a row, but didn't think to grab the # part - I tried grabbing from the main part of the row. So I'd say it's not the most intuitive part of IR, but it's good to know it can be done after all these years of silently wishing!

What up/down buttons elsewhere in IR? Am I missing something? But I'll agree about it not being intuitive. We really need an up-to-date help file ...

Another point in IR 8.01 Development Build 0. You can move rows in the Key Moves etc grids by "cut and paste". Select your row(s), Ctrl-X to cut, Ctrl-Up/Down to move the target position and Ctrl-V to paste.

Graham
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I'll agree about it not being intuitive. We really need an up-to-date help file ...

I know, I know. Embarassed This is the second mention of this in 3 days. Actually I thought that sort thing was in the help file. I remember writing it up, but apparently I lost that when I was moving things from one computer to another.

My real life is just getting in the way of the things I want to do......
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
TheShanMan wrote:

What up/down buttons elsewhere in IR? Am I missing something? But I'll agree about it not being intuitive. We really need an up-to-date help file ...

I was referring to things like the macro definition dialog.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me where can I find 8.01
I just scanned the whole thread and don't see Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Please tell me where can I find 8.01
I just scanned the whole thread and don't see Sad

Graham posted this link in this post, but it doesn't appear that he's updated the file, so any changes made since then will not be reflected in the download file.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Rob.
I guess I missed the tiny, one word, link Sad
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Liz! I'll make the links bigger in future! But if you miss a link to an IR version I've posted, you don't need to hunt for the link. You can find the latest posted version in File Section/Diagnosis Area alphabetically under IR8.01 (at present that is on page 4 when sorted alphabetically).

Rob, I see that IR8.00 is still also in the Diagnosis Area. Can I safely delete it? I see the url is different from that in Tools/Main but I'm not sure if that means there are two copies of the actual file, as well. I don't want to delete the file itself by mistake.

Graham
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted the extra IR 8.00 for you. Could you put a raw link to the 8.01 file in the first post of this thread, and when you're ready update it with your latest version. Thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. It's still Development Build 0 at the moment, but Build 1 will be along shortly.

Graham
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShanMan wrote:

Ability to sort key moves, macros, and special protocols. Up and Down buttons would suffice. My IR files tend to be complex, and the ability to move things around so that things are logically grouped would make it much easier to understand my file when I come back to it a year later.

It would be cool if clicking on one of the headings in the Keymoves tab (eg, dev type, hex cmd, etc) would cause the keymoves to sort in that order. As the Macros and Special Protocols tabs also have similar headings, I guess the sort would be cool there too.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an EXTREMELY low priority request. It's low priority because it has to do with the old 740 chip remotes, which are virtually extinct, I'm only mentioning it in case you happen to be in the right section of the code and you find that it's easy to do.

Anyway, the 740 remotes (like the URC-8090 Producer 8, etc) have dynamic memory layout but IR doesn't support this as the layout is hard coded in the RDFs. The RDF for each 740 remote contains a bunch of fixed data that defines the memory layout.

It would be great (for the few people that still use these remotes), if IR would read the relevant section of the EEPROM memory to get the addresses and use them instead of the hard coded addresses that are in the RDFs. It would also be great if the user could re-configure the memory using IR.

Like I said in the beginning, I'm just mentioning this to plant it in the back of your brain, and I'm only thinking of it because someone just asked a question about the URC-8090. Please don't put off doing something else to do this, it's very low priority.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
TheShanMan wrote:

Ability to sort key moves, macros, and special protocols. Up and Down buttons would suffice. My IR files tend to be complex, and the ability to move things around so that things are logically grouped would make it much easier to understand my file when I come back to it a year later.

It would be cool if clicking on one of the headings in the Keymoves tab (eg, dev type, hex cmd, etc) would cause the keymoves to sort in that order. As the Macros and Special Protocols tabs also have similar headings, I guess the sort would be cool there too.

I wonder whether this request (and a good one it is) would not require that SpecialProtocols sheet be merged back into the Keymoves. I wouldn't mind seeing the merger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: