JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp BD-HP50U Blu-Ray Player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1bru1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Sharp BD-HP50U Blu-Ray Player Reply with quote

1. Device: Sharp BD-HP50U
2. Type of device: Blu-Ray player
3. Year: 2008
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131n
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, DVD/0630
10. Learning remote question? n/a

First time poster, and I'm not sure if this post belongs in the Code Search or the Discrete Codes forums, so I'm tying the Beginners forum.

I have 3 questions that I hope somebody can help me with:

1. Does the phrase "Discrete Code" refer to a code for an individual button?

2. Is the Code Search forum used to talk about a single code for an entire remote?

3. Does anybody know where I can find advanced button codes for these three buttons on my Blu-Ray remote?

SETUP
FUNCTION
SUBTITLE
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these:

SETUP 224
FUNCTION 249
SUBTITLE 027

Perfectly ok to ask for any codes you like, whether single codes or whole devices.

Discrete usually refers to separate, distinct codes for on only, off only or direct input selections. In other words, commands that would normally toggle or cycle through several options. Discrete commands for these types of functions aren't usually found on stock remotes and are quite useful in macros. For example, if you normally have to press Input eight times to select Video8 on your TV, a Discrete Video8 command would go straight to it. Similarly if you wanted your macro to only turn your TV on, and not back off if you run the macro again, use Discrete ON instead of Power.

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
1bru1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying, but none of those codes worked.

I should be more specific. After entering the codes I got the double-blink that I expected, but after trying out the assigned button nothing happens.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I should be more specific. After entering the codes I got the double-blink that I expected, but after trying out the assigned button nothing happens.

I'm glad you were specific, because you held the set key too long. To send an efc you just press the set key you don't hold it.

If the code works, you can paste the function to a key using a keymove.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky is assuming that you tried the SETP+nnn method of testing an advanced code, whereas I think you're really using the 994 function to program them to actual buttons, is that correct?
1bru1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am using the 994 method. I'm not familiar with the other method, how do I try that?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be even MORE specific, start out with the partially working code you have active (DVD/0630).

Then to test the individual function codes, press and release the setup button (do NOT wait for 2 blinks) followed immediately by the sequence desired, e.g setup-0-2-7 for "Subtitle". After you press the last digit, the remote should send the signal to your Blu-Ray player for Subtitle.

If that works, then come back and we'll walk you through assigning the functions you want to buttons via keymoves.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
1bru1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trips. The wife is forcing me to leave right now, so I will try when I get back.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1bru1 wrote:
1. Does the phrase "Discrete Code" refer to a code for an individual button?
Read this...
http://www.remotecentral.com/files/use-ir.htm

1bru1 wrote:
2. Is the Code Search forum used to talk about a single code for an entire remote?

It's for either, but more commonly people are looking for an entire remote.

1bru1 wrote:
3. Does anybody know where I can find advanced button codes for these three buttons on my Blu-Ray remote?

SETUP
FUNCTION
SUBTITLE

The DVD/0630 setup code does not accept advanced codes, so you're stuck with the buttons that are pre-assigned. (Techincal reason: DVD/0630 uses the $00F8 protocol which uses 2 variable bytes of data, and the URC-6131n remote does not support 5-digit advanced codes)

There is an upgrade file for a Sharp BD-HP20U Blu-Ray player in the file section:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5394

So, if you were a JP1 user, you would have been able to add an upgrade for this player with all of the buttons programmed.
1bru1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info Rob, thanks. By the way, the test Trips asked me to do didn't work.

What if I start from scratch instead of from 0630? I have set up advanced codes on my 6131n before for other devices, so I know it accepts them under some circumstances.

Could I start from some other base remote code, or no base code at all and use advanced codes that way?

Unfortunately my remote only has the JP1 holes, no pins.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use setup codes that have 1 byte of variable data, you can indeed use advanced codes with the URC-6131n, but like I said, the code that works your DVD player uses 2 bytes of variable data, and this remote doesn't support advanced codes for 2-byte codes.

More recent OFA remotes, like the URC-8820, etc, use 5 digit advanced codes, which work with 2-byte setup codes.

You won't find another setup code in this remote that will work your DVD player. So, your only option with this remote is to solder in an EEPROM chip and 6-pin JP1 connector, then add the code yourself.

Or, you could upgrade to a more recent remote. If you send the remote into OFA for an upgrade, they will probably return a URC-6820 in it's place, which uses 5-digit advanced codes.

The method that the Capn described works, when you use it with a setup code that accepts advanced codes.
1bru1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time for your replies Rob. I have just 3 more questions for you, and then I'll let this thread die.

1. Are you saying that if I get a One For All URC 8820 from Amazon that it would accept the 0630 code, and also allow me to use the other 3 advanced codes right out of the box?

2. Is there a way to tell if the 8820 from Amazon has the JP1 pins in it, versus just having the holes the way my 6131n does?

3. Are all 8820s JP1.2, or is that just what you chose to do with the ones you sell?

I'd love to buy a mod remote off of you, but spending $30 on top of the remote for a cable just seems crazy.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8820 does have the DVD/0630 setup code so you won't need a JP1 cable to add the code.

It is a JP1.2 remote and it's JP1-ready out of the box, no mod required. So both my remotes and the Amazon remotes are JP1-ready, should you ever go that route.

I sell the URC-8820 for $19, not $30, and the tech support is free.

Any 3-digit advanced codes that have been posted here for the DVD/0630 setup code are invalid and won't work, regardless of the remote. In the event that you get a URC-8820, we will provide 5-digit advanced codes for the missing buttons.

When you look at the cost of a JP1 remote plus cable, you have to compare the cost to the price of other remotes that are programmable from your PC, like the Harmony and Pronto, and you'll find that the JP1 remote is a lot cheaper and can do so much more. But if you're not looking for that level of control in your remote, you don't need JP1.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd love to buy a mod remote off of you, but spending $30 on top of the remote for a cable just seems crazy.

That's just the way I felt. Then I started using the tools..............
1bru1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is AWESOME. Thanks everybody.

Oh, and Rob, your remotes are very reasonable in price. I was referring to paying $30 for the JP1 "cable".
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: