JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS 15-2116 VOL LOCK not locking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacqueusi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: RS 15-2116 VOL LOCK not locking Reply with quote

Having a strange issue. The VOL+ & VOL- & MUTE are IR LEARN codes for my AUDIO button. If I press AUDIO I can then control the volume & mute controls of my Onkyo 898.

Here's the strange issue. Following the instructions to the letter, I first test the volume control by pressing AUDIO. Next I do a VOL+, VOL-, & MUTE. Works fine. Next, I press SAT, then the P button, scroll down to VOL LOCK, hit SELECT, TO MODE, I depress AUDIO, SUCCESS.

Next I hit the SAT button, press VOL+, nothing. The LED on top doesn't even light up although the display does. Same deal with VOL- and MUTE.

Have I missed or misunderstood a step?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nearly sure that VOL LOCK, when it works at all, sets the vol keys in other modes equal to the setup code's definition of the vol keys in the target mode, not equal to any KeyMove or Learned Signal in the target mode.

Use JP1, decode the learned signal, make an upgrade that includes them, then VOL LOCK might work (it is also subject to some other restrictions, so maybe you want to use the "extender" which has more flexible control of such things).
jacqueusi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried KeyMove as well. Didn't work. At least this time the LED briefly flashes when I press the appropriate key but it's very brief and does nothing in terms of changing the volume.

I'll get cracking on JP1. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: