JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help a newbie - KM & URC-7780 problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carbone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody and sorry if i didn't reply quickly...

I tried the new wav from mathdon but that didn't work...
The download failed everytime...
I tried many times with different sound volume and tone... with speakers and headphones.

Most of times, the remote blink sometimes and say "download failed" at the end of the wav... I suppose that european urc-7780 is not the same than urc-7781 Sad

thanks for your help... i think i have to be unbewitch lol

carbone
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the posted file on my 7780 and also got a "download failed".
Here is another version that works on my 7780. You need to unzip the wav file first.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain - what did you do to get the file to load to the 7780? I created one that would load to the 7781 and then did the equivalent for the 7780, so I'm puzzled as to what I did wrong. And did you use IRtoWav directly or from IR.exe? If from IR.exe, which version? My mod to correct what I believed to be wrong with WAV file generation for the 7780/81 went into IR 8.00 Beta 5 (and, of course, Beta 6), and I want to make sure I haven't made a mistake with it.

Carbone - I'm in Europe too (UK) and both 7780 and 7781 are European models. Although my remote is a 7781, so that is what I tested with, the two models are very similar and the file I posted for you was one I created specifically for the 7780.
aberguerand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, I have opened your wav file in IR 8 Beta 5 and reexported it as wav (File/Export to wav/Upgrades). The only difference between your posted file and the IR exported one are in the first two bytes.

Your file :
Code:

F000:  9D  62  F0  44  F0  4A  FF  00  11  3A  C5  66  99  0A  F5  4A

The IR exported one :
Code:

F000:  FF  00  F0  44  F0  4A  FF  00  11  3A  C5  66  99  0A  F5  4A

IR 8 beta 5 sets these two bytes automatically to FF 00.
carbone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great !! It finally works !!
The aberguerand's wav was downloaded at the first try and the dvd player is region free now !

Thanks to all, i didn't understand all the steps to get this wav but it works Wink
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discovered what went wrong with my WAV file. There was some junk data after the end of the valid data in the upgrade section of the EEPROM. This was included in the checksum calculation (which calculates for the entire upgrade area) but not in the WAV file (which only includes the valid data). So the checksum in the WAV file didn't match the data in that file.

When Alain reloaded the WAV file, only the valid data was loaded so IR recalculated the checksum and got the correct value, which by chance happened to be FF 00. The re-exported WAV file was then valid.

The lesson to be learned is: If you create a WAV file for an HCS08 processor, use Advanced/Clean Upper Memory from the menu bar before exporting the data. This will get rid of any junk that will otherwise be included in the checksum. (And use IR 8.00 Beta 5 or later, as earlier versions do not include the checksum in the exported WAV file.)

Graham
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: