JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast DVR URC1067B JP1.3 Extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth, the OLD remotes used to have a "simulated" FAV key that let you step through a bunch of channels, which John exploited to do 3 step macro commands. The newer remotes, send the devices FAV function until the button is pressed again IN SOME MODES. AFAIK nobody has thought of some way to make use of the FAV feature, but even if they did, it would not me the same as the old FAV Tab.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By OLD do you mean JP1?

The Comast extender readme file clearly specifies and describes how mini-macros run in the FAV button, which is precisely what I need and use on 8910. (I don't use it for any channels. I use it for inputs). So I am getting utterly confused here Sad do I or do I not get the FAV screen in IR - I don't see it. I've clicked every possible setting, no FAV tab.

But, boy, oh boy! This has got to be the fastest signal-spitting extender I've ever seen, wow Smile

Edited: misspelled "fastest"

Last edited by ElizabethD on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, yes I did mean old, JP1 remotes. Perhaps I'm mistaken about the JP1.3 remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: No FAV/SCAN tab in IR? and a Keymove question Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Can Key really be used? Let's say I have a keymove on shift-2. And I want to share it with another device. Do I just select shift-2 as a key instead of the hex values which the first shift-2 represents?

And what if shift-2 is a macro? Would that work on the keymove sheet? Or would it not make it a DSM or be illegal?
The "key" type keymove won't execute a macro or keymove. It loads the referenced setup code and sends whatever function is assigned to that key in the setup code.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike.
I had to try it. Macro won't work since not related to a device. Good. Putting in another keymove (shift-2) instead of hex values won't send a signal at all. But when I told it to use a DSM keymove I have, it sent a signal, but not the same hex as shift-2 refers to. Just a curiosity item really. I wanted to see if/how it works.

Any idea about the FAV macros? Without the Scan/Fav tab, how can I put a bunch of the 5-step macros on that FAV button? I read something about FAV on Atlas OCAP remotes, and a $3x code up front for multimacros which sound similar to FAV. So I tried $30, $31 for CBL or TV mode but IR just blanks it all out to zeros.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz

The extender is a derivative work of Nils' Kameleon 9960 extender (which I did for the 9960B01 and then moved that to the Atlas, then RS, then the Comcast)

anyway, the FAV should work like the old JP1 remotes. I must admit that I have done very little testing since I don't use that feature.

-bill
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but how or where can I enter the macros? I don't have Scan/Fav screen in IR.
This is the sort of mad thing I have on the 8910 - macros on FAV button
DEV_AUD;SHIFT-5;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-6;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-6;2;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-6;1;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-9;Dev_Cancel;{Pause}
So is it done some other place? Different way?

Edited:I just thought of RDFs
Atlas 2.10 extender FavKey=$28,$1E,15,5
8910 extender FavKey=$2C, $030, 15, 5
Comcast1067Bx3 has no such entry for FAV button $22.
Might that explain things?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically if there is code to process the FAV key, an RDF entry identifys which key. That allows you to choose which key is going to be treated as this special device. The RDF entry will show the tab, but the extender still needs to have the code to process it. Since your documentation contains FAV info, chances are adding the entry should give you the functionality.

unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Ok, but how or where can I enter the macros? I don't have Scan/Fav screen in IR.
This is the sort of mad thing I have on the 8910 - macros on FAV button
DEV_AUD;SHIFT-5;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-6;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-6;2;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-6;1;Dev_Cancel;{Pause};DEV_AUD;SHIFT-9;Dev_Cancel;{Pause}
So is it done some other place? Different way?

Edited:I just thought of RDFs
Atlas 2.10 extender FavKey=$28,$1E,15,5
8910 extender FavKey=$2C, $030, 15, 5
Comcast1067Bx3 has no such entry for FAV button $22.
Might that explain things?

hmmmm... maybe I didn't include it in the RDF. The code for the Atlas and the Comcast is essentially the same, so I know it's in there. I've not had a lot of time to work on this stuff though, so I'll take a look.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, If there is anything I can help with, since you're busy with real life, please let me know.
I suspect that if RDF is all that's needed, it'll be ok.
If code needed, I'm likely to be counted out. But I can post the relevant segment from the 8910 assembly. However it probably won't do for the flash remotes.

The funny thing is, this silly, little ,4-device remote is almost not worth using, yet the extender works great and the button names are handy, and it's fun to use after all.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Merry Christmas!

OK, enough niceties, just setting up this remote for my dad who happened to get it with his Comcast box. There appears to be a problem with the RDF (or image/map). Just open RM and select this extender RDF. Go to the Layout tab.

Notice that the CBL, FF, REV, and REC buttons cannot be assigned a function. You can do so on the Buttons Tab, and they appear as phantoms on the Layout tab, but are not mapped to their actual positions on the image.

Other questions:
(1) the Discrete ON and OFF phantoms do not appear in the Layout Tab but do appear on the Buttons Tab;
(2) Can the mysterious "key11" be made to NOT be displayed in the RM button list? I assume that it cannot be used, regardless, right?

Enjoy your turkey (or ham, or Turducken, or Turbriskfish, or whatever you're having tomorrow.)

The (now-retired) Cap'n,

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Notice that the CBL, FF, REV, and REC buttons cannot be assigned a function. You can do so on the Buttons Tab, and they appear as phantoms on the Layout tab, but are not mapped to their actual positions on the image.
Hmmmm, I can assign them in both locations, Buttons and Layout, for normal, shift, x-shift. Must be missing something in what you wrote Question
Capn Trips wrote:
The (now-retired) Cap'n,
Retired from what? I hope not JP1.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The symptom is that when I hover the cursor over the buttons mentioned in the first post on the Layout tab, and click on them, nothing happens. But there are buttons below the image (in the "phantom" area corresponding to them.

I have to assume that I have an outdated map file or extender RDF. I'll search around for updated versions.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since the unextended RDF worked fine, and both RDFs use the same map and image file, I looked at the extended and unextended RDFs side-by-side, and in the extender RDF (distributed with the extender) the three keys in question differed slightly in the [Buttons] section, so I edited them to match exactly, and they are now properly reflected on the Layout tab's image. Specifically:

CABLE was CBL
"fast fwd":FF was "fast fwd":FFWD
Rewind:rew was Rewind

Once I made the extender RDF match the button names exactly with the non-extender one, all was well.

So Liz, I have to assume that you are not using the RDFs distributed with the public distributions of RDF and that extender, but some tailored one (at least for the extender RDF)

IMHO the extender RDF in the distribution zip file ought to be corrected to reflect the accurate button names (I assume that these names are what the map file calls on to map the button to the image)

However, I still do not get the "Phantom" buttons below the image reflecting the DiscreteON and DiscreteOFF buttons, as I am used to seeing on other extender RDFs. They can ONLY be assigned on the Buttons Tab.

Any ideas?

Amazon Firestick
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I did anything to any RDF. Honest.
The one I use is in my RDFs 1.28 is called
3A393A39 (Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 JP1.3 extender V1.00).rdf
from 4/15/2009
I'm totally new to this jp1.3 stuff so nothing really surprises me. Still haven't figured out how to work the Fav key for instance.
Might you be using an older extender? Pre 1.00 ?
I have no idea where this file came from. Either Bill's 1.00 version or was in the distribution.
Ah - in \images are .jpg and .map files from Dec.2007. Go figure.

And yes, the other things you mentioned I see as well in RM.

So what are you retiring from ????
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: