JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox Letter prefix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Slingbox Letter prefix Reply with quote

What are the 6 letter prefixes for device types?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM gets the device type letters/abbreviations from the RDF for each Slingbox, just in case they're different, although we haven't run into that.

BINRV (Slingbox with UEI RV Chip).rdf
Code:
TV=T,Cable=C,Vid_Acc=N,Sat=S,VCR=V,Laser=L,DVD=Y,Tuner=R,Amp=AM,CD=D,Home_CT=H

BINPL (Slingbox with UEI PL Chip).rdf
Code:

BINPK (Slingbox with UEI PK Chip).rdf
Code:

BINJU (Slingbox with UEI JU Chip).rdf
Code:

The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In practice, the Setup Assistant in Slingplayer only supports 4 types of device: Cable (C), Satellite (S), Standalone DVR(V) and DVD Player (Y).

The first 3 all use the same generic remote 'skin' so are actually interchangeable if you are building Custom Remotes. The DVD Remote is slightly different, and in my opnion not as good, so I actually tend to use the DVR(V) code for a DVD Player as well.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, I'm always very foggy when it comes to slingbox. I'm not quite sure what a slingbox assistant is. Heck I don't even understand what a slingbox is! Are you telling me that you can't access the home automation, and audio codes with the slingbox?

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Slingbox is simply a 'box' that transmits the output from an A/V Device over the Internet so you can watch it from anywhere in the world. So, for example I have the output from my TIVO Box in Virginia plugged into a Slingbox so I can then watch USA TV from my house in the UK. Sad isn't it Smile (Or, more usually in my case, record programs and then watch them)

The reason we get involved is that this system is useless if you can't also remotely control the device in the same way you do 'on-site' with a remote control. So the Slingbox has an IR Blaster you position in front of the device and you can send commands back over the internet via a 'virtual' remote on your PC and the Slingbox then 'fires' the appropriate IR Codes.

'Setup Assistant' is simply the software you run to tell the system what device you want to control so the correct IR Codes are sent. Slingmedia try and support as many devices as possible, but obviously that is impossible, so some people have a device not in the Sling database. Luckily, the Slingbox uses the same chipset as the JP1 remotes to produce it's IR pulses, so we can produce upgrade files in the same way as you do for the JP1 remotes.

So to fully answer your question, you can access home automation systems (I also have a camera plugged into the Slingbox so I can check the state of the grass) but can only do remote controlling if they are IR-based.

Make sense ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: