JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shift key not working?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all my other buttons work well and I also tested the code on non-shifted key, so I know that my code is right.

The weird thing is that pressing the set-up button twice on this remote turn on the backlight, so I'm not sure if it can be used as shift key.
greenough1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carl,
Can you upload the IR file you made based on the virgin one I posted for you.

Also, what upgrades are you using for your equipment? Have you tried adding just the DVD upgrade and testing to see if you have the wierd setup issue.

do you have the latest RDF's? I don't think anythings changed on that remote recently, but it might be useful to do that.

I have exactly your remote and I agree that with your original IR file, it acted strange relative to the number of presses on the setup button. BUT my vanilla one, when I put a shift+1 keymove in for some setup, it behaved normally, as it should (like the second post says it should).

Pressing setup lighting the backlight is normal for a backlight Atlas.

jeff
Carl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the latest RDF and I am doing the upgrades with my URC-8910 learning remotes.It's a Pioneer DVD-588A.I have tried with just the DVD upgrade and still no luck.

Here is the virgin file modified:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6204
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,
I agree there's something odd with this remote and shifting a number key. With the extender, it works as Robman says. Without the extender, I can't get it to work like you'd like either, so it's not you. Let me work on it some more tonight, and I'll post back.

In the meantime, maybe one of the experts with an Atlas 1056 sig 3033 can chime in.

Best,
jeff
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,

Looks like you have a couple of options:

- Use the extender
- Use a different primary key. Since none of your upgrades use the pip keys, you could use one of those.
- Use a non-numeric shifted key

Here's another possibility, although I have the same remote as you, I haven't tried it myself since I always use the extender. The backlight activates if setup is pressed twice within one second. Try spacing out the setup presses a bit more than one second, so the remote doesn't see the double shift as a backlight toggle command. Could also be that this is too long for shift to work at all.
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your assessment mdavej.

I hadn't thought of this, but since you mention timing and setup, there might be a timing issue at the root of this problem.

Carl,
The extender is technically still in beta (v2.04), but this version is very stable and I use all the features except Double Key Press (DKP). In my extended setup, I use shift+1, shift+2, shift+3, successfully (and it's a single press of shift to get the "1" key shifted).

If you want to stay with un-extended, they try A, B, C keys (non-numeric). I've not yet found a good use for those, but maybe they'll fit with your current setup.

Best,
jeff
Carl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give it a try with the non numeric keys and post back.

I just tried with the help and music button instead of numeric buttons and it worked right away.

I press setup once + help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: