JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USB PC Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not doing anything wrong. That custom protocol is for a remote with an S3F80 processor. Your 10820 has an HCS08 processor. A compatible version of the protocol will need to be written for you. Only a few people know how to do that. I'm not one of them.

EDIT: There already is a HCS08 version (thanks, Mike):

Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (HCS08) no-name USB combo (PB v4.01)
 20 16 22 46 31 B6 45 05 07 00 9B 01 8B 00 9B 00
 91 18 06 05 E6 02 E9 05 01 63 03 4E 62 60 CC FF
 5F
End

But the OP is already using the right one, so I have no idea what the problem is.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post the working IR file. I didn't have the tools nor the knowledge to properly test the 10820 version 9 months ago, but I do now.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ronmon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to have something to do with AUX2 (where I had it assigned). When I assign this to another device, it worked great. Or, I believe, even if I push another device first (and have it assigned to AUX2), it then seemed to work??

Thanks for the responses, it helped me experiment elsewhere - I'm back up again.
sriram

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got another of these remotes, but it seems to have different ir codes for certain keys. I have uploaded the learned set from the new remote here. The new codes are under "TV" and the old set are under "VCR". The keys that are different are rew, ff, page+, page-, up, down, left, right.

Would someone decode the new set please? Thanks very much.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody looking at these?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
TV   Rew   0110110   54
TV   FWD   0111110   62
TV   CH+   0111001   57
TV   CH-   0111101   61
TV   2     0011001   25
TV   4     0001110   14
TV   6     0000001   01
TV   8     0011010   26

I don't usually work at the 0 and 1s level, but this is the way the codes read. Please check the binary to decimal translation, but I "think" I've got it right.

It appears that the protocol is MSB, If these are supposed to be read from MSB then these would be your OBCs.

sriram

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi vicky,

thanks for looking at these, but those OBCs correspond exactly to those in the original set (which don't work for the new set) Sad
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the codes I found in the link above. I downloaded a file called "usb remote 2". I'm wondering if you provided the correct link?

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the right file, but notice that the Gap info is different on the orig VCR learns versus the new TV learns. So I think they left the codes the same but changed the protocol on us.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call Dave, I didn't notice the itty bitty change in the frequency timings. Apparently this device is very, very picky on the timings. I'm going to have to inspect these codes with my Widget, but first need to go over to where I have decent wifi!

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for digging into this, Vicky. Since they're pretty close, my hope is we can find some timings in between that work with both.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, You have one of these too don't you? Did you try sheela's learns on your unit?

Here is a possible protocol upgrade.

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) PB v4.01
43 87 21 8B 13 B7 45 05 07 00 9B 01 77 00 9B 00
7D 18 06 05 D7 02 D2 00 8D 01 46
End

sriram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, the good news is that your protocol upgrade works perfectly Smile

the bad news is that there was a bit of operator stupidity ( Embarassed ) on my part, and it turns out that the original protocol actually works. turns out that the usb receiver received those ir signals perfectly but was sending out a different set of keystrokes than the original receiver. this confused my plugin which didn't recognize the new set of keystrokes.

sorry for wasting your time.
klaberte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Green Media Center Button? Reply with quote

Thanks to all the work done on this.

However, there is a big green button on the remote discussed above which looks to trigger the home screen of Windows Media Center. I haven't seen any learned code from that button. It would be great if I could get it!

I have a similar remote, shown here:
http://cgi.ebay.com//390073157549

This remote comes in as a Mitsubishi-71 remote, and I have found an upgrade that works. But, it too, is lacking the big green button.

Any ideas?
The Robman wrote:
Cool, here's the KM file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6182

Here's the RM version:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6183

And here's the PB version:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6184

This version uses a little bit of assembler, so there's no HCS08 or SST code included.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to your other post you have a 15-2104, which is a learning remote, so why don't you learn the missing button and either read out the info or post the IR file for one of us to look at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: