JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas/15-13x extender macro troubles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattg568

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Atlas/15-13x extender macro troubles Reply with quote

I'm using v1.00 Atlas extender on an Atlas in the living room, and when I use a "master power" macro I had set up, it all ways works. I can hit shift-power and it will go off each time I press it.

I have another Atlas in my bedroom with the latest extender and the same type of "master power" macro setup with shift-power. For some reason, when I do that macro, and do it again, it will just issue the cable power signal. If I do it again, it works. Whenever I use the macro, I have to either press the shift key twice, or press any button on the remote.

I've tried messing with the shift and xshift properties in the general tab in IR and changing the macro from shift to xshift. Nothing seems to get it to work like it does on the Atlas with the v1.00 extender.

Have I messed something up?
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might check that you don't have keymoves defined on shift+power for some device. I did and had similar issues. Also, upload your IR file and a link back here and we can take a look.

Ext v1.00 has lots of issues. Move on to v2.03.

jeff
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6106

Here is a better description of my problem:

On the Atlas that has v1.00 extender the shift-power "master power" macro that I made goes off with every pressing of shift power. Whereas, on the other Atlas that has v2.04 extender, I get this: Shift-Power--macro.....Shift-Power again--no macro.....Shift-Power again---macro.

When I say "no macro" the remote sends out the normal unshifted key, just the power key.

Is there a better way to use my macros besides having to use shift?

Also, I have this same problem with the 15-13x extender v1.01 on my 15-135 but if I use the non xshift version I get no problems.
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mattg568,

Did you intend to not have the POWER key defined on dev TV? Device 0555, does not have the power key defined.

CBL dev 1377 is not defined as a device, yet you have a series of keymoves for CBL dev 1377. CBL dev 1376 is defined as a device, as is 1877. Maybe a typo?

jeff
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV 0555 upgrade is for my Airtech tower fan. It just has a few signals mapped to, I think, keys 1-5. I use keymoves to plant them into my TV key's pip controls. PIP on/off turns the fan on/off, PIP swap toggles through 3 fan speeds, and PIP move toggles oscillating.

Those CBL entries in IR's devices are Atlas pre installed upgrades. CBL 1377 is bult into the Atlas's database.

There were ALOT of pre installed upgrades in the devices tab. I deleted all of them except the CBL entries.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt, I looked at your setup but I was having trouble figuring out which remote you have. I'm assuming its the OCAP because when I use thqat rdf the keys make a little more sense.

The first thing I notes is that you have some very complicated use of the X_ commands. If this were my setup I'd drop all the X_ commands that you have on the device keys and use X_ commands on the Shift_Power key instead. That should make it work all the time.
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_commands? I don't see any of those in my .ir file.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys have different versions of the extender, a lot of keys will be out of whack when you look at Matt's file. Those X_commands aren't really there.
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What mdavej said is what I was thinking too. I'm using Atlas extender version 2.04 as well as the 2.04 Atlas RDF. My remote is the Atlas OCAP 1056 PVR remote. If I look at the Atlas that has v1.00 in it with the 2.04 RDF the first device macro looks really messed up, as in very much changed.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember all that I moved the pseudo-device selection commands (X_dev, etc) in the 2.0 release of the extender. the Phantom keys were moved as well.

The readme says that in order to use this extender version you MUST start from scratch on all of your keymoves and macros that use any of those keys.

Finally, you will note that the default value for the Xshift key is now $82 and not $02 which is what shipped in V1.00. No idea if this is catching you, but you should make a note of it.

-bill
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that it is Xshift that is causing the problem for me. I don't get the same issue when I use the non-Xshift version of the 15-13x extender with my 15-135.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattg568 wrote:
TV 0555 upgrade is for my Airtech tower fan. It just has a few signals mapped to, I think, keys 1-5. I use keymoves to plant them into my TV key's pip controls. PIP on/off turns the fan on/off, PIP swap toggles through 3 fan speeds, and PIP move toggles oscillating.

Those CBL entries in IR's devices are Atlas pre installed upgrades. CBL 1377 is bult into the Atlas's database.

There were ALOT of pre installed upgrades in the devices tab. I deleted all of them except the CBL entries.

Did you delete the pre-installed devices for the special protocols that you are using like ToadTog, LDKP, DSM, Pause, etc?

Taking them out on the Atlas saves you virtually no space since all of the real code is in a hidden area that you can't see. Each proto entry costs you something like 5 bytes and devices are I think 8.

One final thought.... These remotes behave VERY strange when one of the device setup codes doesn't exist. If you've taken out a device that the remote then looks for, it's going to do weird things, including writing over part o the extender. Make sure that every one of your setup codes that you are going to use (both in the general tab as well as all of you rkeymoves) is real.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattg568 wrote:
I do believe that it is Xshift that is causing the problem for me. I don't get the same issue when I use the non-Xshift version of the 15-13x extender with my 15-135.

can you describe this more? jeff is seeing a weird problem with this xshift version of the extender as well, it looks like the keys that I moved around are "bouncing" somehow and he's seeing them fire more than once and not seeing it on the keys that didn't move. I'm still chasing it, but this one really has me scratching my head.
mattg568

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted the built in upgrades before merging the IR file with the extender.

I think it has to do with the number of times you press the shift key.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

One final thought.... These remotes behave VERY strange when one of the device setup codes doesn't exist. If you've taken out a device that the remote then looks for, it's going to do weird things, including writing over part o the extender. Make sure that every one of your setup codes that you are going to use (both in the general tab as well as all of you rkeymoves) is real.

Yep, this one keeps biting me. Make sure when you check the code that you verify that the device TYPE 'CBL/TV/VCR' is correct too. I stared at mine for 30 minutes last weekend before realizing that I had the wrong type for one of mine.

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: