JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for Denon S-101 HTIB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say the parallel cable doesn't work, were you trying it on your Cox remote? If so, that's a JP1.x remote, so you shouldn't expect it to work. Does it still work with the URC-8810?

Anyway, the EFC5 on the "9" button in the audio/1160 code on the URC-8810 remote is 01865.
mulvaney

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All,

One of the codes suggested by 3FG did the trick (67401). I had never found that Lookup Tool before (despite its being right in front of me). I had searched messages, and the file section for info, but not that. THere is great stuff in there.

I had tried the (old) cable with the 8810, but I am now 64-bit Vista, so I'm not sure it will every work as is.

Thanks for all your help. I am once again back to 1 remote!

John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, 67401 and 01865 are actually the same code, so either would have worked.

Do you have a USB cable? If so, would you be willing to test something with your 64-bit Vista? We're experimenting with a new driver that might work. We have files below, one for Intel and another for AMD. There are instructions in the files.

Intel
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7847

AMD
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7849
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the test of possible replacement drivers:

Based on input from mdavej, I have augmented the installation instructions, and included a slightly different version of the helper program WinUSBInfo. The issue is Win7 (and perhaps Vista) doesn't like application programs modifying the registry. So any downloads before the time of this post don't have the presumably better instructions.

NOTE: These drivers were generated and "tested" using XP and without the target USB interface cable or JP1 remote. So the instructions to install may require interpretation to work with Vista or Win7.

The driver files are 7 MB. Here's the revised instructions without any driver files.
instructions only
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Just FYI, 67401 and 01865 are actually the same code, so either would have worked.

Do you have a USB cable? If so, would you be willing to test something with your 64-bit Vista? We're experimenting with a new driver that might work. We have files below, one for Intel and another for AMD. There are instructions in the files.

Intel
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7847

AMD
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7849
Where has this discussion been going on? I had been unaware that there was an effort to do this. As soon as I get home I'd be happy to test out the Intel driver on my 64-bit Vista laptop. Perhaps this should be in the Software thread? (I'm tired of having to borrow my kids' XP machines just to read'write to my JP1 remotes Surprised )

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mulvaney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cable is an original JP1 format, parallel cable, which I bought from "Tom" at filebug.com in 2004. I have the old 8810 to use it with. I am now 64-bit Vista, but I do still have a parallel port on my laptops docking station.

If this configuration might still work with the drivers mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd be happy to try them.

John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those drivers are for the Delcom based USB cables, they don't have anything to do with the parallel port. Have you tried running in "XP SR3 compatibility mode" (as mentioned here)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: