JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kameleon 15-2138 sound upgrades
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlorZaknafein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Kameleon 15-2138 sound upgrades Reply with quote

I just bought an (apparently) older Kameleon remote, RadioShack re-branded (remote model 15-2138). I found that it does not have the correct code for my DVD player, an LG LH-T9654 (the code is 1906, I believe). When I tried calling customer service to upgrade the remote code library, I found that they no longer offer support, apparently for any One-For-All remote.

I have read that the European versions of these remotes came with online assistance where you could download the sound file to upgrade the remote, and that these sound files often work with American remotes as well. Does anyone know where I could get my hands on the proper upgrade file? the One-For-All Europe website is difficult to navigate, and they have removed a lot of support sections for older remotes

http://www.oneforall-int.com/?pag=41
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound upgrades that you refer to are WAV files, and these can be created using the JP1 tools. If DVD/1906 is indeed the correct code, it uses the NECx1 protocol with a device code of 44 (and a sub-device code of 44).

Here's a KM upgrade for DVD/1906:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6052

and here's a WAV file for the 15-2138:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6053
AlorZaknafein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the files. I tried playing the .wav file with the remote in upgrade mode
hold P --> Other --> 997
but the remote exits the listening mode a few seconds before the file finishes playing. It blinks twice, so it apparently succeeded in capturing something, but when I try to do
Device Set --> DVD --> 1906
it gives me an error (long blink) as if the code is wrong. I will try doing the KM to IR to produce a new .wav, though I suspect that's what you did to generate this one. If that still does not work, I guess I'll try learning how to do this JP1 upgrade design thing... yay new knowledge! Very Happy
fuzy75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Build wav Reply with quote

Dear Robman,

where can I find a manual about building my own wav file to the 2158?

Thank you very much

Peter

The Robman wrote:
The sound upgrades that you refer to are WAV files, and these can be created using the JP1 tools. If DVD/1906 is indeed the correct code, it uses the NECx1 protocol with a device code of 44 (and a sub-device code of 44).

Here's a KM upgrade for DVD/1906:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6052

and here's a WAV file for the 15-2138:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6053
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no manual, you just use the regular JP1 process to create or load an upgrade, then copy it to IR.exe. Once in IR, you can select File > Export to WAV.

If you're unfamiliar with the JP1 process itself, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
AlorZaknafein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got around to messing with KM and IR to try to get the upgrade file, but I hit a snag: how do I copy the KM data into IR if I don't download from the remote? I do not have a JP1 cable. Is there a way? The guide assumes a download from the remote has been made using IR, which reveals the magical "Devices" tab used for programming. I just need to export to .wav and see if it will work...
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IR, go to "File>New>Select..." and select YOUR RDF (for the RS 15-2138)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
AlorZaknafein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a little off-topic, but what is the Kameleon Extender 1 option that appears for several RadioShack remotes (in the IR menu)?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlorZaknafein wrote:
This might be a little off-topic, but what is the Kameleon Extender 1 option that appears for several RadioShack remotes (in the IR menu)?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9062
AlorZaknafein

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! It works!

> I downloaded the "official" UEI DVD-1906 update Robman provided (thanks again), and loaded it with KM.

>I then opened in IR the RDF for my remote (following Capn Trips' instructions), and pasted in the values from KM in the "Devices" tab as outlined in the KM how-to page.

>I looked through the "General" tab in IR and modified all the device codes to match the ones I'm using for my TV, etc, and then went through and checked to make sure all the settings were as I wanted them (tilt switch, etc).

>When I tried to export to a .wav file, my computer spat out a "System Error: Code 2" message. I looked around for the answer, and found out that IRtoWav needs Java... and that I had not installed Java Runtime Environment on my machine.

>With that fixed, I successfully exported the whole image to a .wav file and updated the remote (them's some irritating sounds, btw). Now it controls (almost) everything I need!

Notes: for my DVD player (LG LH-T9654), the "Pause" and "Stop" keys on the 2138 were reversed. I simply went into KM and in the "Buttons" tab selected the "Stop" button to output a "Pause" command, and the "Pause" button to output a "Stop" command. I also noticed that the "Fast Forward" and "Rewind" buttons work as "Skip" commands when tapped, but if you hold them they output the correct FF and RW commands. The only issue I have still with the 2138 is that it does not seem to be able to learn some commands from the DVD player's original remote. For example, the original remote has separate keys to select the input source (DVD, Radio, USB, and AUX), but when I try to assign those functions via IR learning to the number keys in the 2138 (cuz I never use the number pad in to control the player), it says it learns correctly but when I try to use them... nothing happens. No input switch command, and no number command Mad I'll keep experimenting (maybe someone has the advanced codes for these?) and post any updates.

Thanks again for the help!
fuzy75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Does the process work, if I would like to build a soundfile without downloading from the remote?
I mean start from the zero.

Do you know, what should be the code of the Topfield 6000 satellite recever?

Thank you

Peter
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does work.

Regarding the Topfield, please make a post in the Code Search forum, using the required template
fuzy75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you
hamsnibit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just wanted to bring you some info I found out. I've had this remote for about 3 years now and love it, but last week I got an Onkyo TX-SR806 receiver and a Samsung HL61A750 TV. So I get ready to program my remote and call the support number in the book and find out the same thing, no longer supported. So I dig around on these forums trying to find info on making my own sound files and just going crazy over it all day. Finally I just downloaded the manual for one of the non Radio Shack kamelon remotes. It had a different customer service number. Anyways, I call it, tell them I have the Radio Shack Kameleon 8 in 1, she said "the 15-2138?" and I told her yes. She asked for the model of my TV and Receiver and my email address. A few minutes later I received an email with a link to a wav file to play. I played it with my remote in modem mode held to my speakers and it worked perfect. Anyway, I hope this will help someone else out. The phone number for the support is (330) 405-8620.
frozengash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have this remote and i'm trying to get a samsung bdp1500 to work. i found a wav file for a differnt model (same code so i tried) it did the same thing as the other guys when it blinked twice half way through then exited. any help? I'm a remote newb

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: