JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RT2380BK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tstevens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: RCA RT2380BK Reply with quote

1. Device: RCA Model RT2380BK
2. Type of device: Home Theater in a Box
3. Year:2005(?)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:UEI 10820 JP1.2
5. Do you have a JP1 cable?Yes
6. Still have original remote?No
7. Checked the file section?Yes - I found the RCA Master List for 2300&2500 series models, loaded it into RM and set all the keys to what I wanted. I loaded into IR and did the upgrade, but nothing I set from RM seems to work
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes, but not sure about the file I found
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, Aux or Aud 1254. This gives me Volume, mute, and allows me to change between most of the sources but I have no access to digital audio Surround Sound or Tuner functions
10. Learning remote question?N?A
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rt2500 also has partial functionality with Aud 1254, so I'm surprised to see that NOTHING works from that upgrade.

Did you try modifying this RCA rt2500 Home theater

To me it sounds like you may have made an error when setting up your RM file. You might want to post your RM and IR files in the diagnosis area and then paste a LINKS here to see if you've made an error.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! I'l tell you what I did and maybe it will shed some light.
I downloaded the file Here which is for the 2300 & 2500 Series RCA Receivers. I also downloaded the latest RDF and Image files. I ran RM and loaded the Master file I downloaded, set the keys the way I wanted, copied the output into IR and uploaded to the remote. I tried the remote and none of the keys I changed kept. I tried it again with different and fewer keys and I got the exact same result. I also tried setting the input to cable, AUX, and AUD and it made no difference. I know I must be missing something somewhere, but I'm simply stumped.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also try the file that Vicky linked to?

If you post a copy of your IR file in the Diagnosis Area (and then post a link to it), maybe we'll spot something there.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the IR file you requested. I'll try the other file Vicky mentioned tomorrow, although it seems it is for a 2500, and mine is a 2300 series.

Thanks so much for your help!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6122
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I popped open your IR file, and it appears you did a FILE NEW. On JP1.2 remotes there are a lot of settings that need to be kept. You should have started with a downloaded file from the remote.

In addition, I've made corrections to this RDF multilple times and submitted them and they seem to have gone missing again. There needs to be a line in the RDF's [Settings Section]

KeyMap=$01F.5.1.1.0 (Standard;Alternate)

When you did a file new, the Alternate keymapd was set, and so there will be a general screw up in the way the remote sends the signals from upgrades unless the Keymap is reset to Standard.

Also in RM, it looks like you didn't change the remote to be your remote. Or otherwise you did something else, totally wronog becuase your've got a keymove on most of the device selection button, so there is NO WAY TO SELECT the AUD device, or maybe to leave AUd. You want to be careful about what you assign to your device buttons.

If it were me, I'd reset the remote, download it into IR and then fix the upgrade so you are using the 10820 remote and have no keymoves assigned to the device selection buttons and then repaste my upgrade and try again.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again,

I've reset the remote back to factory. I have a question regarding the Master file I mentioned before. When I load it with RM, the 10820 is not listed, so what I did is edited the text file and added the 10820 which then allowed me to choose it from the list. I'm wondering if this is what went wrong. If this is the case, how can I change the master file to include my remote if it's not there? Thanks so much for your help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-10820 is available as a selection in RM. If you don't see it, it could be because you haven't downloaded all the RDFs and placed them where RM can find them.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sounds of it, I think he did something to the KM TXT file.

When you first load the KM sheet, Rm doesn't find an exact match and asks you to pick a remote.

When you bring it in, RM is trying to make sense of the input. Once its in, you change the remote from the drop down.

I'm thinking the user was using RM, but he may have been using KM. Its really hard to figure out.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I'm being confusing, I'll try and be clearer.
I open RemoteMaster.v1.86. I then choose file-open and open This File at which point I get this error.
Then once in RM, I change the remote to mine - URC-10820 (I do have the latest RDF's installed) and then I get This warning
This is th point I'm at now. I've been editing the master txt file and adding my remote as opposed to choosing the wrong remote and then changing it once in RM. I'll try it without changing the master file and let you know if it works. I hope I haven't confused the issue any more. Thank you for your patience.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'm totally and utterly stumped. I did as I said, I changed only a few keys and left the device inputs alone and I got the exact same outcome. No matter what buttons I change the upgrade has the exact same results. The volume up works, vol down is mute. The l1-l3 buttons operate the inputs somewhat but now how I set them, the OK button changes between Analog/Optical/and Coax, the Fav button accesses the Surround levvels but they can only be lowered with the 9 button, the 8 button is power, Mute is surround sound such as Theater/Arena/Stereo/Etc.....and on and on it goes. Nothing I change actually changes anything. I think I'l try the 2500 file next, the mater file doesn't seem to work.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you try modifying this RCA rt2500 Home theater

I tried changing from the URC9910 this file was written for to the 10820 in RM and I get a warning that the signatures are different when I try to upload with IR.?????
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tstevens wrote:
I open RemoteMaster.v1.86. I then choose file-open and open This File at which point I get this error.
That's your first mistake. The error indicates that you do not have the RDF file for the URC-9910 / 8910 / UEI HTPro where RM can find it (RDF file is CPT0CPT0 (URC-8910(Old)_9910(Old)_8910(New)_9910(New)_HTPro).rdf). Secondly, choosing the Slingbox with UEI JU Chip at this point will cause RM to misinterpret the contents of the file, with unpredictable results. Thirdly, directly editing the remote name in the RCA_Receivers_master_file.txt KM upgrade file will also cause RM to misinterpret the file contents. You need to have the RDF file mentioned above available to RM, and then you should not get the error message.
tstevens wrote:
Then once in RM, I change the remote to mine - URC-10820 (I do have the latest RDF's installed) and then I get This warning
You'll probably still get this warning, but you just have to go Buttons tab and make sure the functions are assigned to buttons as you desire.
tstevens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's your first mistake. The error indicates that you do not have the RDF file for the URC-9910 / 8910 / UEI HTPro where RM can find it (RDF file is CPT0CPT0 (URC-8910(Old)_9910(Old)_8910(New)_9910(New)_HTPro).rdf).

I double checked My RDF file folder and that RDF is definitely there. I also just to be sure deleted RM and reinstalled pointing to the folder that definitely contains that RDF file but I get the same message when I try to open the master file.

Quote:
choosing the Slingbox with UEI JU Chip at this point will cause RM to misinterpret the contents of the file, with unpredictable results

I disn't choose the sling box, I chose one of the other URC models in the list.

Quote:
directly editing the remote name in the RCA_Receivers_master_file.txt KM upgrade file will also cause RM to misinterpret the file contents

I was doing this but realized this might cause problems so I downloaded a clean copy and opened it in RM without any editing with the same result.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, to shortcut the troubleshooting time, I've converted the original KM file to an RM file that is already set for the URC-10820. Please try this file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: