JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toggle Power for Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jledwell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Toggle Power for Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080 Reply with quote

I need the power toggle code for my Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080. I captured all the remote keys including the discrete codes and posted a file here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6583

Any educated guesses what the power toggle code would be?

Thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try OBC 146

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth, all the official Nec 131, 85 combinations for the Epson use 144 (Your Power On) for the power button. Perhaps there is no power toggle.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no toggle button, you could use ToadTog to create one.
jledwell

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried OBC 146 and it didn't work. I guess I'll have to start reading about extenders. I haven't tried one yet.

Thanks for the help.
jledwell

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jledwell wrote:
I tried OBC 146 and it didn't work. I guess I'll have to start reading about extenders. I haven't tried one yet.

Thanks for the help.

I've read the Toadtog readme and now know Toadtog doesn't only apply to extenders. However, I feel a little confused and intimidated by the toadtag readme. Maybe this is a little much for a newbie.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tried OBC 146 and it didn't work.
You can always try the other missing keys. On a single byte devices like this one, there is a maximum of 255 values to test, sometimes less. Of course this can get a little dangerous if you get yourself into a service menu, so you've got to use care. Now if you had 2 byte commands, then this method would be intimidating because there are thousands of commands.

Quote:
I've read the Toadtog readme and now know Toadtog doesn't only apply to extenders. However, I feel a little confused and intimidated by the toadtag readme. Maybe this is a little much for a newbie.

It may be a little much for a newbie. It really is a simple if then else statement. They also aren't practical if you are using multiple remotes for a system, like I do.

Maybe a little easier solution would be to put the On value on Power, and use SHIFT-Power to turn things off.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Using toadtog to create a toggle power button Reply with quote

I assigned the discrete ON to Phantom1 and OFF to phantom2 in your file, loaded the empty extender file, added your device (with my addition) and then created the power toggle. All you need to do is click on the Special Protocols tab and the create it like this:

I used toggle bit 1. You can pick any unused bit, of course.
jledwell

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Using toadtog to create a toggle power button Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I assigned the discrete ON to Phantom1 and OFF to phantom2 in your file, loaded the empty extender file, added your device (with my addition) and then created the power toggle. All you need to do is click on the Special Protocols tab and the create it like this:
{pic}
I used toggle bit 1. You can pick any unused bit, of course.

pH7_jp1,

Thanks so much for all the details and picture. However, I'm still having trouble. I've done a lot of reading and still haven't figured it out. Here are my questions:
Quote:
I assigned the discrete ON to Phantom1 and OFF to phantom2 in your file
I added Phantom1 and Phantom2 to the Functions tab in RM, is this correct?
Quote:
, loaded the empty extender file
Please explain empty extender file
Quote:
, added your device (with my addition) and then created the power toggle. All you need to do is click on the Special Protocols tab and the create it like this:

Do I need to install a extender first? What about the Toadtag files I downloaded?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for all the great help.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I added Phantom1 and Phantom2 to the Functions tab in RM, is this correct?
Quote:
No, you already had the Power ON and Power OFF defined on your function page. I went to the Buttons tab and assigned them to the Phantom1 and Phantom2 buttons.

Quote:
Do I need to install a extender first? What about the Toadtag files I downloaded?
Sorry, we are approaching this differently and I don't know what files you downloaded. What I did is:

downloaded the extender here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1455 In that directory is an IR file named 8910_ex1.txt. This file is and empty file with the extender already installed and the appropriate macros that will cause the extended remote act just like an unextended remote. This is a good starting point to add your own customizations. After opening this file, the only thing I did was install your update created by RM and then did what I showed in the other post.

This isn't the only way to do it and if you give me a pointer to the files you downloaded, I could probably give you better information.
jledwell

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1,

I'm still having trouble. I believe I did everything the way you said. Loaded it and activated it.

After activating it. Every time I press the power button on TV mode, the LCD shows 0000 and the transmit LED doesn't come on.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is link to a zip file that contains the RM file (yours modified) and an IR file. I have loaded this file on my HTPro an tested it. The TV Power button will alternate between ON and OFF each press. For some reason, the Phantom1 and 2 buttons didn't work for me, so instead I used M1-shift and M2-shift. It really doesn't matter what buttons you use, just assign in RM and use the same ones in the special protocol.

BTW, it sounds like you may just have forgotten to assign the device button code on the General tab when you tried it. But, the Phantom problem I had might have bit you also.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6687
jledwell

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS!!! Very Happy
I went ahead and rebuilt it myself using M1-Shift and M2-Shift and it worked great. I don't know why the Phantom wasn't working, but that was the problem.

pH7_jp1,
Thank you so much for all the help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If using a regular button works (even if it's shifted) where using a phantom doesn't, that tends to imply that the phantom is using a keycode that has a special meaning to the remote's firmware and therefore shouldn't be used as a keycode.

Somebody should review the RDF and maybe use a different keycode for the phantom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: