JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No remotes found
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject: No remotes found Reply with quote

Hi all its been about 15 years since I last updated my last remote. I recently found my previously programmed URC 7562 BO1 remote and want to programme it to my new devices. The goto software was IR.exe and now its obsolete replaced by RMIR. My PC has changed and running windows 11 and now I cannot communicate with my remote. Originally i made a parallel port interface and it worked fine. Now that new PCS dont have these ports im looking for alternatives. I have attached 3 cables I have and I cant remember if any of them beside the blue parallel cable was used to programme my remote.
The black serial cable and the PCB FTD1232 is detected as a FTDI USB Serial converter in windows but no matter what I do it doesn't recognize the remote.
The PCB version I dont beleive it was purchased for JP1 programming it was purchased to debrick my router, wondering if this can be used? Ive searched for connection and pinouts to JP1 pinouts without success. I do believe the black enclosed cable was for JP1. Its been so long ago I really cant remember.. Is there anything I could be missing out. I even tried the old version IR.exe on a older PC and even then it couldnt find the JP1 interface.

Thanks in advance.

[img]https://postimg.cc/7fZRdg2m[/img]
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is a JP1 remote, your FTDI cable works for JP1.2 and later remotes and needs an adapter to handle JP1. There used to be ready-made adapters available but I don't think these are still available. The recommended way now to program JP1 remotes is to use an Arduino Nano as an adapter. Full instructions are in the JP1EEPROMSupport subfolder of your RMIR installation folder.
ricky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to respond....so thats why it worked with my parallel interface?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
ricky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last question.....if i purchase a parallel PCIE expansion card that means I should be able to use my cable again?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you should be able to use your old parallel port interface with a parallel port expansion card. A parallel port interface for 64-bit PCs is supported by RMIR. You need to select JP1Parallel on the Remote > Interface menu. You are then asked to set the port number or auto-detect, which detects the standard values of 378, 278, 3BC. There is an "other" choice where you can set a non-standard value if needed for your board.

As far as I am aware, you are only the second user to have ever wanted/tried this, the first being the user who tested it for me. That was some years ago so I can't be absolutely confident that it will work with Windows 11. If you follow this route, please give feedback in this thread. If it doesn't work I will try to help you to get it going.

I don't know what the cost will be for such a board but I suspect that it will be significantly more than an Arduino Nano with pins and the 5 Dupont cables needed to connect it to the remote. No soldering is required and no components other than the Nano with pins and these connecting cables. But if you get your parallel port interface card I will be very interested in the result. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help or more information.
ricky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do thanks, the board cost around $25 on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=serial+parallel+port+pcie&_sacat=0

I will provide feedback, thanks again.
ricky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

I installed my parallel/serial card, it seems to work in windows but not with RMIR software....I have provided you with a dropbox link with snapshots of my control panel. There are 2 X LP ports LPT1 & LPT3 I have provided settings for both.

I tried stuffing around with the settings but each time it cannot find the remote.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ck6427l8rdgjh2xter597/Card.zip?rlkey=ehdaix6vpoy5t8rd0i8h7vkrt&dl=0

Thanks
Rick
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing in your pics shows what you set in the Port Selection box when you select JP1 Parallel on the Remote > Interface menu. I suggest you try selecting Other and enter 3FF0 in the box. If that does not work, try 3FF8. If neither work, post the rmaster.err file from one of the attempts for me to see. You will find this in your RMIR installation folder.

Edit: I forgot, use LPT3.
Tiku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky wrote:
Hi Graham,

I installed my parallel/serial card, it seems to work in windows but not with RMIR software....I have provided you with a dropbox link with snapshots of my control panel. There are 2 X LP ports LPT1 & LPT3 I have provided settings for both.

I tried stuffing around with the settings but each time it cannot find the remote.

Thanks
Rick

I would still Suggest you to use IR803 Application to programme JP1 Remotes, It has never failed me, you will get check interface option also in it, I always use this application for JP1 Remotes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiku wrote:
I would still Suggest you to use IR803 Application to programme JP1 Remotes, It has never failed me, you will get check interface option also in it, I always use this application for JP1 Remotes.

IR v8.03 is obsolete, unsupported, does not support JP1.4 or JP2 remotes, does not support parallel port interfaces on 64-bit systems.
ricky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I tried IR.exe first up, makes sense that it doesn't work on 64bit systems because that option and the serial option is greyed out.
ricky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham, I have provided a link for 3 separate error codes for interface settings

Autodetect
Parallel 378
Parallel 3FF0

Looking at the errors it appears the parallel port is detected?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/s6efx9ih21bkcj68rqlso/Error.zip?rlkey=k62p2tb2dfzdc4kmjxwr9ejy8&dl=0

Thanks

mathdon wrote:
Nothing in your pics shows what you set in the Port Selection box when you select JP1 Parallel on the Remote > Interface menu. I suggest you try selecting Other and enter 3FF0 in the box. If that does not work, try 3FF8. If neither work, post the rmaster.err file from one of the attempts for me to see. You will find this in your RMIR installation folder.

Edit: I forgot, use LPT3.
ricky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its not supported but I read on this forum someone having same issues as me and when they tried IR804 it worked for them. I just tried with a bunch of different combinations of port address to match my adapter and the error I receive is "No response from Interface, Make sure the interface is connected to your PC"

If I check interface it says "serial/parallel port is functioning correctly"

"Unable to detect delcom device driver" I understand this is for JPx remotes but mine is definitely set as JP1.

Again I apologise for asking for software that is not supported, but this was the last software that i have used that has worked with my remote and cable.

Is there a way to check the interface without connecting the remote? in windows the ports say they are working without conflicts

Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky wrote:
Looking at the errors it appears the parallel port is detected?

Unfortunately no. The error messages are basically repeating what you asked for. The first Port Name entry Port Name = 3FF0 is the port you asked for. The second one, Port Name = NULL, shows it was not found.

Those messages come from RMIR. To go further, we need error messages from jp1parallel.dll, which is called from RMIR but not part of it. To get these, you need DebugView. This is a free Microsoft program that you can download here. If you have DebugView open when running RMIR then it will display a lot of messages. What we want is only messages related to the parallel port, so use Edit > Clear Display (or the Clear icon on the toolbar) before you start a download attempt and then copy the text displayed when the attempt ends and paste it into Notepad or similar, save it as a text file and post it for me to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: