JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RAW file upload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt M

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject: RAW file upload Reply with quote

Posting to let you know that I uploaded a Raw file titled 8004.ir

Description:
I upgraded to V3 from v2.14.15. I was trying to download to my x-sight remote and the program crashed. It asked me to upload a RAW file, so that's what I'm doing. I was able to go back to v2.14.15 and finish what I was working on.

I hope that this is what you need, and that it helps.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26805
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that is all that I need. I am working on it. I will post again once I have a fix but it is proving not straightforward.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the .ir file you posted, I am able to upload to my XSight what should be an exact image of what was in your remote when you did the raw download. I have done that and it looks OK on its screen but the Favorites, although showing all the icons correctly, do not work. The remote does not appear to hold the channel numbers for the favorites.

Can you check that they work for you, and if so can you do a raw download with v2.14.15 and post that for me please? It doesn't matter if you have updated your setup since the previous raw download, just that it is a download that you have checked has working favorites. Both v2.14.15 and v3.0.10 SHOULD give identical raw downloads even though v3.0.10 fails on a normal download, but I suggest you use v2.14.15 for it just to be quite sure.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much investigation I have decided that your XSight setup must be faulty. The raw download you posted contains references to data elsewhere in the setup that is simply not there. I have posted RMIR v3.0.11 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. With this, your raw download loads without error - you can just load it into RMIR in the same way as .rmir files - and if you save the result as a .rmir file then that too loads without error, but this is in no way a fix as the data is just not there in the raw download to fix it. So I have no idea what will happen if you try to update the setup in this .rmir file, but it is the best that I can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: