JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc-1056/2025 mismatch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bt102

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject: urc-1056/2025 mismatch Reply with quote

I have a Cogeco remote and the stickers on the inside of the battery compartment say urc-10566bc4.

A few years ago, I uploaded some jp1 stuff to it, and I forget the whole experience and don't remember what I did. So I go back to it now to make some changes and upload.

I create some new upgrades using the urc-1056 template. I then go to upload, and it says that the device signature does not match. I do a download from the remote, and the signature is 356801 which is a urc-2025. Then I recall one thing from years ago, and that was I had to use the urc-2025 template for the upgrades, in order to upload. I don't recall the details as to why I used the urc-2025 template, but I assume it was the only way to upload at that time without a signature mismatch.

So here are my questions in order of priority:

Is it possible to treat this remote as a urc-1056 and safely upload to it? The reason this is my top priority is that the urc-1056 allows key moves, plus it is easier to do upgrades using the the urc-1056 template because the keys/picture matches the remote. Doing the upgrades with the wrong picture is a pain. When I download from the remote and get a signature of 356801, is that cast-in-stone that it does have the guts of a urc-2025, or did my uploading years ago simply overwrite this signature, and I can safely go back to urc-1056 and overwrite it again?

At a lower priority, if the above is not possible, and I do need to treat this remote as a urc-2025, is there at least a way to get the correct picture/key-mapping of this remote so that upgrades are easier?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find URC-1056bc4 among the supported remotes in RMIR, but a user cannot overwrite the signature with an upload so you need to accept 356801 as the true signature of your remote. So it appears that the URC1056bc4 is internally the same as the URC-2025B2 while externally different. To get the correct picture/key-mapping it needs a new RDF created that has most of the entries the same as the URC-2025B2 but with a different map and image file. I see that Rob created the map for the URC-2025B2. Perhaps he would be prepared to do one for a URC-1056bc4 with the correct map and image.
bt102

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I cannot find URC-1056bc4 among the supported remotes in RMIR, but a user cannot overwrite the signature with an upload so you need to accept 356801 as the true signature of your remote. So it appears that the URC1056bc4 is internally the same as the URC-2025B2 while externally different. To get the correct picture/key-mapping it needs a new RDF created that has most of the entries the same as the URC-2025B2 but with a different map and image file. I see that Rob created the map for the URC-2025B2. Perhaps he would be prepared to do one for a URC-1056bc4 with the correct map and image.

Thanks for the info, that saves me time and makes it clear that I can't beat this remote into being a 1056 Wink

I was poking around to see if I could somehow generate this new remote myself. I see a program called MAP This is used, but bummer, I don't have windoze. I then thought I could just copy the existing files and modify them by hand. From what I can see, there are 3 files (an RDF file, a jpg, and a map file). For the new remote, I should be able to re-use the jpg file Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black).jpg as well as the map file Atlas OCAP Black.map. I should then be able to create a new RDF file using 356801 (URC-2025B2).rdf, and fixup some of the keys.

However one big problem. I searched everywhere, and I can't find what ties all of these 3 files together and presents you with a new menu item in the RD programs. None of these files has any reference to the others. And I did a grep search of every file in the install directory, and I can't find a reference to these files.

I did some more research to see if the community can produce these RDFs, and came across this post that says that you are supposed to have mods do it (link).

FWIW, there's no need to upload anything from the remote, as everything already exists as the 2052b2 remote.
Essentially use the following jpg and map files:
Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black).jpg
Atlas OCAP Black.map

Then use the following RDF file:
356801 (URC-2025B2).rdf

The following keys need to be adjusted:
Phantom 1=settings [at top]
Phantom 2=shift * [left of zero on number pad]
Phantom 3=aspect # [right of zero on number pad]
Phantom 4=move [left of pip ch+ at bottom]
Phantom 5=pip ch + [at bottom]
Phantom 6=pip ch - [at bottom]
Phantom 7=??? [don’t know]
Phantom 8=music [left of on-demand] it says music on my remote, but picture differs
Phantom 9=skip forward [right of on-demand] it is skip forward on my remote, but picture differs
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done a lot of research, so you should be able to do this yourself without the need for "MapThis!". You seem to have missed the linkages between the files, so here they are:

1. RMIR reads the signature of the remote, from which it identifies all RDFs with that signature. If more than one then it asks the user to pick the right one.

2. The RDF has an ImageMap entry in the [General] section that gives the name of the map file.

3. The map file contains an entry for the name of the JPG image.

You need to make a copy of the 2025B2 RDF, renaming the name in brackets, and a copy of the 2025B2 map renamed as you wish. Change the ImageMap entry in the RDF copy to that of your renamed map. That should make all the linkages work. Then update the RDF and map copies as required.

I am writing this in haste and will give you more help if you need it, but you seem to have found enough for yourself that this may do. Good luck and let me know the outcome.
cba123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: urc-1056/2025 mismatch Reply with quote

bt102 wrote:
I have a Cogeco remote and the stickers on the inside of the battery compartment say urc-10566bc4.

A few years ago, I uploaded some jp1 stuff to it, and I forget the whole experience and don't remember what I did. So I go back to it now to make some changes and upload.

I create some new upgrades using the urc-1056 template. I then go to upload, and it says that the device signature does not match. I do a download from the remote, and the signature is 356801 which is a urc-2025. Then I recall one thing from years ago, and that was I had to use the urc-2025 template for the upgrades, in order to upload. I don't recall the details as to why I used the urc-2025 template, but I assume it was the only way to upload at that time without a signature mismatch.

So here are my questions in order of priority:

Is it possible to treat this remote as a urc-1056 and safely upload to it? The reason this is my top priority is that the urc-1056 allows key moves, plus it is easier to do upgrades using the the urc-1056 template because the keys/picture matches the remote. Doing the upgrades with the wrong picture is a pain. When I download from the remote and get a signature of 356801, is that cast-in-stone that it does have the guts of a urc-2025, or did my uploading years ago simply overwrite this signature, and I can safely go back to urc-1056 and overwrite it again?

At a lower priority, if the above is not possible, and I do need to treat this remote as a urc-2025, is there at least a way to get the correct picture/key-mapping of this remote so that upgrades are easier?

You have the same Cogeco remote that I have...
While inside the battery compartment, the sticker says 10566BC4-xx-.... (note, it does not include "URC" and has an extra "6"), you should see 1056B04 on the back of the case above the battery compartment, which is the model number.

So, you have a fourth gen of the Atlas 1056 remote...a 1056B04

I opened a topic in Sep 2023 and uploaded the raw dump from a virgin remote into the file section for Rob to help create an alternate RDF.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103360

Like you, I somehow uploaded to this remote a couple of years ago, but don't recall how, and then just got a second new remote from Cogeco and was trying to make updates to the new one.

I know all the phantom keys included in the 2025 are physical keys on the 1056B04, but I just haven't had the time to figure out how to edit the 2025 RDF/map files. Was hoping Rob would have released something by now. I might try and look at this later this month.
cba123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to create a new RDF and Map file for the Atlas 1056B04 remote (by modifying the existing 2025b02 rdf file and 1056B03 map file). The map file reuses the existing image file Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black).jpg

I uploaded the zip file into the RDF development sections.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26796

Hopefully, the files can be included in the next version of RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cba123 wrote:

Yes, thank you, but that is not imminent as there is not yet enough to be added to warrant a new version.
bt102

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cba123 wrote:
I managed to create a new RDF and Map file for the Atlas 1056B04 remote (by modifying the existing 2025b02 rdf file and 1056B03 map file). The map file reuses the existing image file Atlas OCAP PVR 3033 JP1.3 (Black).jpg

I uploaded the zip file into the RDF development sections.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26796

Wow, thanks. I was dragging my feet till after the holidays to look at this, then saw your present under the tree. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: