JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hisense H9E Plus (was 'Android TV master file')
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject: Hisense H9E Plus (was 'Android TV master file') Reply with quote

Is there a file similar to the Roku tv master file but for android tvs?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the TV version and the STB version, I don't know what an Android TV is, but does it use a different code set to those two?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100890
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14040
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
We have the TV version and the STB version, I don't know what an Android TV is, but does it use a different code set to those two?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100890
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14040

Its operating system is android instead of roku. They can also be called google tvs. The roku stuff doesnt work on it.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Fire tv under such brands as Toshiba, Insignia and Amazon Omni? They use borked version of Android.
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Try the Fire tv under such brands as Toshiba, Insignia and Amazon Omni? They use borked version of Android.

I tried this one by mdavej and it wouldnt work. Im not really seeing anymore upgrades that might work.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25550
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you owning this device you're the perfect one to find a working code, with working code we might be able to suggest other codes with efc available? Looking up Android tv codes in Google, TCL has page with codes listed, the first one in all UEI made remotes is 10047/0047 the old RCA tv code, it's just one of many codes listed for given model of oem or universal remote. Help yourself help others, give us a place to start? Smile
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
With you owning this device you're the perfect one to find a working code, with working code we might be able to suggest other codes with efc available? Looking up Android tv codes in Google, TCL has page with codes listed, the first one in all UEI made remotes is 10047/0047 the old RCA tv code, it's just one of many codes listed for given model of oem or universal remote. Help yourself help others, give us a place to start? Smile

Ok so here's the tv and if you scroll down about a third of the way you'll see the remote. Maybe it'll ring a bell if you see it.

https://9to5google.com/2018/11/15/review-hisense-h9e-plus-android-tv/
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try codes listed under Inteset, Onn, or OFA on this page:

https://universalremotezone.com/hisense-tv-codes-for-universal-remotes/
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Try codes listed under Inteset, Onn, or OFA on this page:

https://universalremotezone.com/hisense-tv-codes-for-universal-remotes/

ok time out here for a second. There is a built in tv device code that works for the t v. Im just looking for a discrete hdmi hehe. Sorry if i misunderstood. It's the urc-3660. I can do a blink back if it has one. Or Maybe i learned all the signals? I forget now. Lets try this again another day. I had a gummy and it's kicking in here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, you really know how to send people on wild goose chases. I take it that your TV has absolutely nothing to do with Roku, so the mention of Roku at the start was the first red herring. Next it turns out that you have a perfectly good working setup code or upgrade but you just want to know if there are additional codes?

Here's how you should have asked your question...

Hi folks, I have an Android TV model number (insert model number here) which uses (insert a link to your upgrade here). I have learned all the button codes from the OEM remote, and included them in the upgrade above) but I am lookin for any additional codes that might work, such as a discrete HDMI code.
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Jack, you really know how to send people on wild goose chases. I take it that your TV has absolutely nothing to do with Roku, so the mention of Roku at the start was the first red herring. Next it turns out that you have a perfectly good working setup code or upgrade but you just want to know if there are additional codes?

Here's how you should have asked your question...

Hi folks, I have an Android TV model number (insert model number here) which uses (insert a link to your upgrade here). I have learned all the button codes from the OEM remote, and included them in the upgrade above) but I am lookin for any additional codes that might work, such as a discrete HDMI code.

I apologize for that. I was just assuming that since there was a more or less universal roku tv upgrade file that works on pretty much all roku tvs that there would be a universal android tv upgrade file. Anyway ill try to retreive some button codes tomorrow. Whats the best way for me to get you guys the buttons codes? Do i just create an upgrade from what i already have and post it here?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master files come about when we see lots of people posting different upgrades for devices that all use the same code set, because while most of the buttons are the same in each upgrade, there are usually a few extra buttons in each too, so I compile them all into one so that the next user can see if any of those extra buttons work for them.

In your case all we know is that your TV uses the Android operating system, we don't know anything else. We don't know the make and model, we don't know what code set it uses and we haven't seen your upgrade, so we have absolutely nothing to work with. I did a quick search in the file section to see what "Android" devices we have and whether any of them use the same code set, and the random ones that I looked at were all different.
jackching

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Master files come about when we see lots of people posting different upgrades for devices that all use the same code set, because while most of the buttons are the same in each upgrade, there are usually a few extra buttons in each too, so I compile them all into one so that the next user can see if any of those extra buttons work for them.

In your case all we know is that your TV uses the Android operating system, we don't know anything else. We don't know the make and model, we don't know what code set it uses and we haven't seen your upgrade, so we have absolutely nothing to work with. I did a quick search in the file section to see what "Android" devices we have and whether any of them use the same code set, and the random ones that I looked at were all different.

Post number 7 has the link to the tv make and model. Is there a way i can get you the code set without making an upgrade? I saved the remote image with rmir.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so your TV is a Hisense H9E Plus, the 2 other Hisense TVs in the file section use NEC1 with device code 4. I've re-read this thread 3 or 4 times looking for any other clues you might have given (which is more work than I should have to do, to help people) and I found this...
jackching wrote:
There is a built in tv device code that works for the t v.
but I don't see you mention WHICH setup code you found, so that still doesn't help me.

I see you tried the upgrade for an Amazon Fire TV Edition TV (Toshiba Insignia), which not surprisingly didn't work, but you don't mention if you tried either of the upgrades for Hisense TVs.

If you're unwilling to learn the buttons from the original remote, or to let us know which setup code you are using, I'm reluctant to put in too much effort to solve this.
jackching

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Ok, so your TV is a Hisense H9E Plus, the 2 other Hisense TVs in the file section use NEC1 with device code 4. I've re-read this thread 3 or 4 times looking for any other clues you might have given (which is more work than I should have to do, to help people) and I found this...
jackching wrote:
There is a built in tv device code that works for the t v.
but I don't see you mention WHICH setup code you found, so that still doesn't help me.

I see you tried the upgrade for an Amazon Fire TV Edition TV (Toshiba Insignia), which not surprisingly didn't work, but you don't mention if you tried either of the upgrades for Hisense TVs.

If you're unwilling to learn the buttons from the original remote, or to let us know which setup code you are using, I'm reluctant to put in too much effort to solve this.

If the setup code is the same as device code, i used code blink back and got 4618. Other then that i dont know how to get the setup code. If that's not it then ill create a device upgrade.

EDIT: The upgrade from the file HiSense 55U1600.rmdu worked. I dont know how i overlooked this one. I apologize for the confusion and ill be more clear next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: