JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR issue and Comcast JP1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg2600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I bought it, just last week.

http://www.diygadget.com/store/jp1/jp1-x-for-remote-controls/jp1-2/1-3-serial-cable-for-ofa-remotes/prod_25.html

My reason is that my TV is a Magnavox TV/VCR/DVD, but the Comcast and most other Universal remotes don't have the code for it. The code I think is 1944. So my desire was to get a cable and add that code to the Comcast remote. I actually realized that in reseting the remote, the Comcast configuration which keeps the volume control on the TV, and not cable, is gone. That allows me to control the cable box volume, which is better than nothing I guess, but not great.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you TV combo, try 0821 on the VCR button. To get your cable working, make sure you have fresh batteries, and try turning the connector the other way around. And make sure nothing else is trying to use your port, like activesync or hotsync.
Greg2600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! Yeah, 20821 on the TV button worked. Seems like everything works on TV except Channel +/-. Also, when I press one of the top buttons (TV, Cable), it is acting as a power button for both, which is strange. That plus I have to get the Volume to be locked back on the TV button at all times. Thanks, this is farther than I've ever been before.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get vol lock back, press CBL, then hold setup for 2 blinks, press 9 9 3, then TV.

The channel could be due to channel lock. To unlock it, press CBL, then hold setup for 2 blinks, press 9 7 3, then ch-. If that doesn't do it, the advanced codes for ch+/- are 00109/00045. To program those, press TV, then hold setup for 2 blinks, press 9 9 4, then a quick press and release of setup followed 00109, then ch+. Repeat using the second code and ch-.
Greg2600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

993 worked on the volume lock. 973 did not worked for the channels; however, your second suggestion did work.

Do you know how to get the power on/off function off of the TV and Cable buttons? The 0821 code seemed to do it to both. Is there a listing of codes (for my TV on the CC remote) you are pulling from, so I could play around with them and can stop bugging all? :wink:

Thanks again!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what remote you have, but some of these newer cable remotes have system on/off with a master power macro you cannot change and a second power button for just the active device. The second button should work. Try a short press of setup then power and see if that turns off just the TV. To try and clear that power macro, press TV, hold setup for 2 blinks, 995, then press power twice to clear the macro, then hold setup again for 2 blinks.

I got the codes from THIS upgrade (viewable in RM or KM).
Greg2600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 995 steps didn't work. Basically, if you press TV or Cable it blinks once, then pauses and blinks again (which shuts off the TV or box). It wasn't doing this before I did the 0821 code.

Incidentally, I had downloaded http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=589, and was going to use it, had the JP1 cable worked.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very strange. The code should never do that. The only other thing I can recommend is a 981 reset. But that will wipe out all your programming and you'd have to do it all again. That's still better than your device buttons shutting everything off.

Your download may work as well. Mine was just a guess.
Greg2600

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got rid of the issue with the TV and Cable button shutting off the devices. I selected the TV button, held setup, and did 9-8-0. That kept the device codes on the TV, but erased other 994 codes I had put. So I'll put those back. I have everything I need now. Now I'm waiting to hear from diygadgets.com so I can return this useless cable. Thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg2600 wrote:
I'm waiting to hear from diygadgets.com so I can return this useless cable. Thanks again!

You have to open a ticket to talk to DIYgadget.com but they do respond to tickets. You should get a USB cable from Tommy instead.
Greg2600

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.diygadget.com is maybe the worst website seller I think I've ever dealt with. My cable too did not work at all. Luckily the fine folks here helped me get the TV controls on my Comcast remote without any uploading to it. I tried returning the remote to DIY. The address they gave me was either fake or no good, as the package was returned to sender (me) as wrong address. And the guy won't reply to me anymore with a new address.

Here's the proof.
http://home.comcast.net/~grizz4/RTS_JP1_Cable.jpg
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will ask DIY to come here to address this.
Greg2600

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate it. I rarely make a fuss over web transactions, it's just the lack of communication that gets on my nerves.
prelude
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg2600 wrote:
I appreciate it. I rarely make a fuss over web transactions, it's just the lack of communication that gets on my nerves.

Hi,

Sorry, I do not visit this site often. I remember you have submitted the ticket and you have mentioned that the return was returned back to you. I don't know why it got returned, but if you look up on www.canadapost.com, type in the address, you will find the address is good.

I also replied your ticket a few days ago, but i didn't get your reply.

Anyways, don't bother you send the cable back I don't want you spend extra $ for shipping. Please PM me your paypal address, I will send you a full refund.

Sorry.

BTW. we do not have time to visit this site often, if you have any issues please submit ticket on www.csbooth.com, we usually replay the ticket within 48 hours. (except weekends).

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the post office didn't like the fact that there was no name above the address?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: