JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARRX18G corruption problem/old labels showing - RMIR issue ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madbrain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject: ARRX18G corruption problem/old labels showing - RMIR issue ? Reply with quote

I have a bunch of XSight ARRX18G / Nevo C3 remotes in the house which I have been using for years successfully.

This weekend, I tried to change one of the devices for my lights to use new IR codes and new labels. I feed the signal to FLIRC and could use any signal. I chose the first one in the file section, for a Daewoo AC.

I edited the settings, including new labels, and flashed the remote. Unfortunately, the old labels for my device still show up !
Same thing happens if I delete all my devices and start from scratch.

Seems there is a bug somewhere, not sure if it's with the remote or with RMIR. I'm seeing the same problem after flashing multiple remotes. I tried both RMIR 2.13.8 and 3.03 as well, and the problem shows.

I did a factory reset of one of my Xsight and tried to download the image, but RMIR cannot download an image in this case, only as RAW file.

How can I get a truly empty remote image that doesn't contain any of my old labels ? This is truly a puzzling problem.

Edit: I figured out how to obtain a new image - had to add a dummy device to my remote right on the touch screen, then download the image.
New devices I add in RMIR don't have the old labels in this case.
But I don't really want to start from scratch as this home theater remote is my most complex one. Also there is no guarantee that the problem won't show up again.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the edited .rmir file that has the setup with the new labels. I will look into this when I have time, but am going abroad on holiday in a few days time so may not be able to do so before I go. It is interesting, and helpful, to know that the issue appears with both v2.13.8 and v3.0.3 as this indicates that it is not related to the recent changes.
madbrain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Please post the edited .rmir file that has the setup with the new labels. I will look into this when I have time, but am going abroad on holiday in a few days time so may not be able to do so before I go. It is interesting, and helpful, to know that the issue appears with both v2.13.8 and v3.0.3 as this indicates that it is not related to the recent changes.

I have attached the file (made with 3.03) here :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d9DiMCXilI8SVrVGiP5_wFr8_cA1QfT2/view?usp=sharing

If I flash it as is without change into an ARRX18G, it shows my old labels under the lone "Lights" device, not the updated labels currently showing within RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the file, but please upload future files to the Diagnosis Area of our File Section rather than to Google Drive.

The text of the labels displayed in the remote is that in the Alias column of the Buttons tab of the Device Upgrade Editor (in RMIR v3.0.x, but the Functions tab in earlier versions). Unfortunately there was a bug in recent versions of RMIR, including v3.0.3, which caused the Alias column to be disabled, so it displayed as empty and could not be edited. This has been fixed in v3.0.10, the current development version that you can find in the RMIR Development folder. If you load your lights only.rmir file into that, you will find that the Alias column has the old labels, as a result of being created with v3.0.3, but they are displayed and editable. The default for the Alias value is the Function name, which is what you want as the new label, so if you simply delete the entries in the Alias column and re-upload your file to the remote, it will display the correct labels.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On further checking, I see that the issue with the Alias column was already fixed in RMIR v3.0.3, so all you need to do is delete the values in the Alias column so that the defaults take effect.
madbrain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
On further checking, I see that the issue with the Alias column was already fixed in RMIR v3.0.3, so all you need to do is delete the values in the Alias column so that the defaults take effect.

Thank you ! That did it. I wonder how data got into that column in the first place. I don't recall entering it manually.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbrain wrote:
I wonder how data got into that column in the first place. I don't recall entering it manually.

When you created the original settings for the buttons, those values will have been entered into the Alias field by default as there was no existing Alias entry. Alias names are not displayed in the table unless they differ from the function name, so they were not visible. When you changed the function, there was existing Alias text so it was left unchanged. However, it was now different from the function name and so it became visible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: