JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clean sense 1500R - IR controlled bidet seat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyMartin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject: Clean sense 1500R - IR controlled bidet seat Reply with quote

I've been using JP1 for a long time. We recently purchased two IR-controlled bidet seats (Clean sense 1500R).
However, when I tried to learn the signal with my old URC8011 (without an extender), nothing was learned. Nothing is recorded, and the taught memory stays empty.
I tried learning from my TV remote, and it still works, indicating that the URC8011 is still functional.
Do you know what IR signal is used? Using my cell phone camera, I discovered that the IR signal is only one burst at the push of the button; holding the button did not prolong the signal.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you typo-ing the remote model number? Because the URC-8011 doesn't have learning, or at least it doesn't have the hardware to do learning. It does have the programming because it uses the same chip as the URC-8811. The fact that you say you can learn from the TV remote makes me think that maybe you have a URC-8811 remote.

Assuming that you do have a URC-8811, and given that your phone camera shows the bidet remotes only send one short burst, I recommend that you try the following:

1. Line the remotes up.
2. Put the 8811 in learning mode
3. Wait a second
4. Press the bidet remote button

The idea behind step 3 is to make sure you don't press the bidet remote button too soon and miss the signal completely. Also, is the bidet remote a thin credit card sized remote? If so, maybe put it on a book or something so that it's IR sender is better lined up with the IR receiver in the 8811.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: