JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056B03 button assignments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stderr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject: Atlas 1056B03 button assignments Reply with quote

I have an Atlas 1056B03 (with the extender to allow key-moves & macros), and am using v3.00 of the remote software to program it. I only use two devices in the remote: a Samsung TV, & a Yamaha amp. Whereas the rmdu for the tv works perfectly (to the best of my knowledge), the Yamaha rmdu has issues.

I have two discrete codes for power on/off in the rmdu file, and can't assign them to most of the buttons. I thought initially it was a problem with the codes, but they work using an older URC-6012, and on the 1056B03 if assigned to some, but not all, buttons. I cannot assign these codes to phantom or pip buttons. I can assign them to the day+/- buttons, but not the shift-day+/-, or the page+/- buttons. The protocol for the Yamaha codes is nec1-f16 official, and for the Samsung it's necx2.

I'm not sure how to tackle this problem. Any advice or tips are welcome.

The rmdu file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26751
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't clear to me, but let's assume that you can actually assign discrete on/off to any of the buttons, but the Yamaha only responds when the assignment is to cetain buttons.
I'd like to see the RMIR file just before upload to the remote and another one subsequently downloaded from the remote after testing. Put one of the discrete on or off signals on a functioning button and the other one on a non-functioning button.
stderr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stripped out all macros, and the TV device so there's only one audio device in the remote. The Day+/- and the Page+/- buttons hold the discrete on/off codes. The Day+/- buttons work; the Page+/- buttons do not.

Here are the original rmir file and the downloaded version:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26754
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26753

Thanks for taking a look.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried programming other codes to the PAGE buttons, and if so, did that work?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded your first file to an extended (V1.01) 1056B03, after making sure that all setup codes were valid. The subsequent download data matched the uploaded data.
I shot the signals into an IRWidget.
Page+ was NEC1-f16 device 0.191, OBC1 255, OBC2 191.
Page- was NEC1 255.255, OBC 0.
Day+ was NEC1 126, OBC 126
Day- was NEC1 126, OBC 127

The Page+/- signals are obviously not going to be recognized by the Yamaha. I have no good idea of what is causing this. The 01 AD executor is very simple with no branches. The type 10 segment looks reasonable.
stderr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Have you tried programming other codes to the PAGE buttons, and if so, did that work?

Excellent question. No, I have not; but, since you asked, I put the preset+/- on the page+/- buttons. This does not work either. They're still on the ch+/- buttons, and they work perfectly on those.
stderr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I uploaded your first file to an extended (V1.01) 1056B03, after making sure that all setup codes were valid. The subsequent download data matched the uploaded data.
I shot the signals into an IRWidget.
Page+ was NEC1-f16 device 0.191, OBC1 255, OBC2 191.
Page- was NEC1 255.255, OBC 0.
Day+ was NEC1 126, OBC 126
Day- was NEC1 126, OBC 127

The Page+/- signals are obviously not going to be recognized by the Yamaha. I have no good idea of what is causing this. The 01 AD executor is very simple with no branches. The type 10 segment looks reasonable.

I had to read that twice before it became obvious. If I'm interpreting your message correctly, the remote is mangling the codes assigned to the page+/- buttons and sending out different information than expected. Does this mean there's no solution, or it's just not possible?

My disappointment is not that the discrete power codes don't work on the page+/- buttons, but that they don't work on the phantom1/2 buttons, which started this whole investigation off. If I assign the discrete codes to the phantom buttons and use them in macros, I can see the audio button does not blink when it should for discrete on/off. At least when I push the page buttons, the audio led blinks on the remote. I'm working around this by leaving discrete on/off assigned to day+/- and using them in macros instead of phantom1/2. It works, but it would be nice to know how to fix this up so the phantom buttons work with the discrete on/off codes.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Atlas 1056B03 button assignments Reply with quote

This is weird and I might not be much help but on my extended 1056b03
I can put functions on Day+/- and Page +/- and they work
Functions on phantom's 1 and 2 called from DSM also work
I loaded your 1056b03-yamaha-testing-uploaded.rmir and added my device with functions to phantoms and day/page buttons after uploading to my remote all worked
I am at a loss but maybe this info will help pinpoint something
Have you tried reset remote? Reinstall extender?
Now that you know that functions can work on phantoms and day/page
maybe this will give you some ideas
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stder, it might just be this particular executor that's getting mangled. Could you try using the upgrade for a different device and see if that let's you program the problematic buttons.

If that works, I would 2nd the suggestion for a complete reset and rebuilding the RMIR file from scratch. If you do that and the Yamaha still doesn't work, you might be able to program the discrete codes using a "helper" upgrade which uses the standard NEC1 protocol, then program the buttons using keymoves.

If that all sounds too advanced for you, post your final working rmir file, and list which buttons don't work, and I'll fix it.
stderr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1, thank you for giving it a shot. I did start off with a full reset and upload of the extender, and have fallen back to this point a couple of additional times. I should add, in the remote I normally have a Samsung TV device as well, and all of the button assignments for that work fine; it's just this Yamaha upgrade that doesn't work. If you came this far, could I trouble you to try putting the discrete on/off buttons on page+/- for the audio device and see if they work there? This is not going to be testable if you don't have a Yamaha RN-803 amp; no worries if you don't.

One of 3FG's opening remarks is a reference to V1.01 of the extender. I am using V1.00, and have checked several times in the file section; this is the only version I can find. Is there another one somewhere else? This may be a moot point anyway, as 3FG had problems with the upgrade as well.

Rob, one comment you made is to rebuild the rmir file from scratch. I suspect that's not the problem, but will start with a new one just to rule it out, or in, depending on how it goes. Also, I'm not sure if your suggestion is to use the yamaha upgrade on a different device, like the vcr or something, or try programming the affected buttons for use on a different device entirely. The former is a good idea, but the latter already works with the tv upgrade I use. I will try assigning the yamaha upgrade to a different device.

My bigger suspicion is the yamaha rdf file. The problematic buttons on the remote, the phantom buttons in particular, work perfectly well with the TV upgrade I use; this, to me at least, suggests the rmir is fine, and the upgrade itself is causing trouble. This upgrade was originally developed by me for a URC6032 remote; I simply opened it, changed the remote to a 1056B03, reassigned the codes to the different buttons, and imported it into the rmir file.

Thanks for the help & support everyone.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Atlas 1056B03 button assignments Reply with quote

Well discrete off on page -
resulted in 38462 NEC1-f16 101 122 133 D9 OBC2=155
stderr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Atlas 1056B03 button assignments Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Well discrete off on page -
resulted in 38462 NEC1-f16 101 122 133 D9 OBC2=155

That doesn't match the expected, so even though the button press results in transmission, the amp won't respond to it.

I didn't have time to go through reconstructing the rmir file from scratch before shuffling off to work this am, but did try something simple: changed the yamaha r-n803 device type from Amplifier to DVD. The previously working day+/- buttons broke, and the previously broken page+/- buttons are now working. I have discrete on assigned to both page+ & day+, & discrete off assigned to both page- & day-. I suspect this is another dead-end, but thought I'd mention it, as it's a data point.

Is the correct way of starting a new rmir file to specify the remote type, in this case with the extender, or is it better to download the contents of the remote, and let the application sort it out?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1056B03 button assignments Reply with quote

I have run across different button behavior by changing the device type before
but there is another possibility that I have seen.
Since some remote are made for cable systems, try putting your "AMP" on the "Cable device button.
I don't fully remember which remote i was testing at the time but buttons such as "page" and "Day" would not work for my "tv "device but if I set the 'Cable device the same setup code as my tv then the page and day buttons worked for both cable and tv device buttons
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1056B03 button assignments Reply with quote

The more I look at your files the more I think you should start rebuilding the RMIR file from scratch as Rob suggested.
I notice that you are missing some segments in your files that should be there
Segment $13 for instance is not there and i'm not sure what that would do to a remote
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stderr wrote:
Rob, one comment you made is to rebuild the rmir file from scratch. I suspect that's not the problem, but will start with a new one just to rule it out, or in, depending on how it goes. Also, I'm not sure if your suggestion is to use the yamaha upgrade on a different device, like the vcr or something, or try programming the affected buttons for use on a different device entirely. The former is a good idea, but the latter already works with the tv upgrade I use. I will try assigning the yamaha upgrade to a different device.

My bigger suspicion is the yamaha rdf file. The problematic buttons on the remote, the phantom buttons in particular, work perfectly well with the TV upgrade I use; this, to me at least, suggests the rmir is fine, and the upgrade itself is causing trouble. This upgrade was originally developed by me for a URC6032 remote; I simply opened it, changed the remote to a 1056B03, reassigned the codes to the different buttons, and imported it into the rmir file.

I meant trying a different device, like your VCR or something, but using the same device mode as the Yamaha, to see if those buttons work. I'm trying to help narrow down the root cause of the problem.

What do you mean by Yamaha rdf? Do you mean the Yamaha rmdu upgrade file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: