JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha RN-803 amplifier - discrete power codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stderr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject: Yamaha RN-803 amplifier - discrete power codes Reply with quote

I have a working setup to control a Yamaha RN-803 amplifier using a URC-6012 ( http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26208 ).

I recently started working with an Atlas 1056B03 remote. I am using the Extender from the file section to allow key moves & macros, and v3.00 of the remote master tools.

All functions work, except discrete on/off. They work with the old 6012, but not the 1056B03.

From the device upgrade editor:
Code:
name         efc5   efc  dev  sub  obc1 obc2 hex
discrete on  00006  006  126  129  126  129  81 7E 81 7E
discrete off 00006  006  126  129  127  128  81 7E 01 FE

The protocol is set to "nec1-f16 official", and the id is 01 ad.

For the older remote, a protocol upgrade is required; for the newer one, a protocol upgrade is not required.

I could use a little advice on how to properly convert these two commands from the older remote to the newer one.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In normal NEC signals, the command byte is followed by the complement of itself. Or, in other words, the OBC is followed by 255-OBC. Some devices have started using a custom value in the second byte, so the "nec1-f16 official" protocol lets you put a different value in the second byte.

Looking at the upgrade that you posted, I see that the majority of buttons have an OBC2 value that is equal to 255-OBC1, so these are really normal NEC1 signals where the OBC is OBC1. And that is the case for the 2 discrete power buttons. In other words, you could create an upgrade using NEC1 with device code 126, then use OBCs 126 and 127 for ON and OFF.

Of course, that doesn't explain why those buttons don't work, when all the others do, when you switch over to the Atlas. I suspect something else is going on, like you have a keymove or something blocking the buttons, so I'd like to see your Atlas RMIR file.
stderr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review, and your time. I will look at converting the rn-803 rmdu file to nec1; mean time, here's the rmir file:

Code:
[General]
Remote.name=Atlas 1056 B03 Extender v1.00
Remote.signature=2010A9

{{deleted}}

The discrete codes for the samsung tv work, not the codes for the yamaha device. I have deleted all the macros, and moved all of the discrete codes from the phantom buttons in the 1056b03 to some of the pip buttons.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not how you load files for us to look at, we have a Diagnosis Area folder in the file section for such files. I have loaded yours there:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26750

I don't see anything immediately wrong, like the buttons being overlaid, so the next step should be to try assigning the two power functions to a couple of normal working buttons, like CH+ and CH-, just temporarily. If they work on those buttons, we need to focus on why they don't work on the PIP buttons. If they don't work there either, then we need to look at the upgrade itself.
stderr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the file upload info, and moving it to the correct location; will use that next time.

I put the discrete codes on the day+ & day- buttons, the page+ & page- buttons, and the ch+ & ch- buttons. The codes do not work on page+/-, but they do work on day+/-, and ch+/-.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so that confirms that there's nothing wrong with the codes themselves, so this is really a question about codes working on some buttons and not others.
stderr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. What can I do to get the codes to work on more of the buttons, particularly the phantom buttons?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend that you start a new thread with a new title that reflects the new problem that you're trying to solve. Maybe try some more experiments now that you know it's not the button codes, but the buttons themselves, and then provide as much info as possible. Hopefully someone who's an expert with the Atlas remote can help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: