JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Merge new learned signal to local saved rmir file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanzbaerli

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:32 am    Post subject: Merge new learned signal to local saved rmir file Reply with quote

Hello Forum,

I habe probably another silly problem for a new user but i cannot find a solution.

1) I download the configuration from my remote. Now i change something and add comments.
2) I upload it again to the remote and save it locally.
3) Now i decide to learn a new key on the remote.

If i download again from the remote (to get the new command), i loose all comments i have done before because they are not saved in the remote.

Is there a way to merge? I just want to add a new learned command without loosing my commented setup.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Merge new learned signal to local saved rmir file Reply with quote

Tanzbaerli wrote:
Is there a way to merge?

Not as far as I know. (It may be possible to implement, but it is not planned...)

Try this: Convert the newly learned keys to an upgrade, go to the function editor, mark the interesting rows and columns, and copy to the clipboard (right mouse, "Copy"). Note the parameters on the setup pane. Open the master file. Check that the setup parameters are the same. Then go to the function pane and paste what you previously copied.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a way to merge, but you can copy the learned signal from the download to the previous saved file. If you select the learned signal in the RMIR download and press Edit, you can copy the signal data. Either Pronto or UEI Learned will do, but as you are going to paste it into another RMIR instance then UEI Learned is probably better. Then close that RMIR download and open RMIR with the saved setup. You can now use New on the Learned Signal tab to paste the copied signal. You have to choose the device and key that you want for this signal, which can either be the one you learned it to or a different one if you so choose. Make sure, though, that you choose the same format (Pronto or UEI Learned) as you copied it from
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most JP1 users, the learning function on their remote is only there to capture the signals from a new device for the purpose of building an upgrade.

But as others have said, the additional data in your RMIR file, like comments, stays in the RMIR file and doesn't get loaded into the remote. So, for most people, after the initial download from the remote, after they've saved the contents as an RMIR file, they only upload after that. Downloads are good for getting data from learned signals, which then get converted into upgrade, added to the RMIR file and re-loaded.
Tanzbaerli

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the answers, i thought i missed something but unfortunately i did not.

I just learned the basic necessary commands at first (EPSON EH-TW9400 is not supported out of the box) and planned to add other commands after a while when really needed for common use. So i run into this problem.

But i will try the copy-paste way which sounds good.

The best idea would be an upgrade for unsupported devices like my beamer. But some keys are so different and used rarely that i probably will have forgotten the correct key if needed after a while. So the original remote is in my opinion the best for complex selden used operations.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanzbaerli wrote:
The Robman wrote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26728

Thank you, the file works very good for all i need for my EPSON EH-TW9400!

Now i am trying to get my Onkyo TX-NR646 to working better.

I have split the Epsom EH-TW9400 stuff to a new thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103288

I have split the Onkyo TX-NR646 stuff to a new thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103287
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: