JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia NS-RMT5D21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating maps is not hard, just time consuming, so I can do it, but I'm on vacation at the moment so not sure when I'll get the time, but I will do it if you're not satisfied with the current one.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I made a new map
But I am getting rmaster err

Keycode 5 is Play Music activity in 6-device remotes. If you want to experiment, you could reinstate the entries for this activity in the RDF, use a one-key macro to "press" this and see if this works as a "virtual activity". I don't know why you got the other messages. $71 and $72 are Rewind(Held) and FastFwd(Held), which are in both the [Buttons] section of the RDF and in the map. Is it possible that you were not using your final versions of either the RDF or map when you got these messages? I don't get them when I use your final files.

Unless you want to experiment with keycode 5 as I described, I think we are done. I am happy with all your latest files. I missed the fact that the Insignia labels the App buttons as A, B, C so thank you for spotting this and amending the RDF.

davecs wrote:
You don't need my agreement, I was just trying to expedite the release

I know I don't need your agreement but you have commented on all previous RDF versions so I would appreciate your views on mine (with HH's amendments), especially my revision of the Notes section.
davecs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

davecs wrote:
You don't need my agreement, I was just trying to expedite the release

I know I don't need your agreement but you have commented on all previous RDF versions so I would appreciate your views on mine (with HH's amendments), especially my revision of the Notes section.

My views are that you're doing a marvellous job! I'm happy that I got a URC-3661 so that I could put in my £0.02-worth and help test the new version of RMIR. (Also that I could get a bit deeper into the extended URC-6440 and try out a few things I hadn't before.)

EDIT: HH's new RDF/jpg/map files for this Insignia NS-RMT5D21 remote look good!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Keycode 5 is Play Music activity in 6-device remotes. If you want to experiment, you could reinstate the entries for this activity in the RDF, use a one-key macro to "press" this and see if this works as a "virtual activity".

Further to this comment of mine above, even if it works I don't see a sensible way of incorporating this in the RDF. The point about the additional devices is that they are general-purpose ones that can be set like any other device. This "virtual activity" is a specific one that would have to be activated in a way that would be very confusing to the uninitiated user. So regardless of whether it works or not, my recommendation now is to leave well alone with the Insignia files in their latest form.

davecs wrote:
HH's new RDF/jpg/map files for this Insignia NS-RMT5D21 remote look good!

Many thanks for checking them.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:50 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

I agree that it's best not to use a "virtual activity"
But what puzzle's me is even with a new install of RMIR and the new 370601 (Insignia NS-RMT5D21).rdf
I still receive this error even though the Rewind(Held) and FastFwd(Held) buttons work correctly
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $72, Creating button!
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $71, Creating button!
Warning: Shape defined for unknown button Rewind(Held)
Warning: Shape defined for unknown button FastFwd(Held)
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

I should have stated that the error appears in rmaster.err when i download from remote and not if I do New remote image
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those errors generally indicate an inconsistency between the RDF and the map.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:38 am    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

I suspected, and have been looking for inconsistencies between the RDF and Map
but I am at a loss to find the mistakes. I also have been looking at upper and lower case since i ran into that problem in the past .
I do need new new glasses and am overdue on my eye exam .
Maybe that would help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a new map here. (The RDF and image are un-changed)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26739
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

Rob
Your map definitely better than mine especially for the polygons on the direction keys
and the closeness on the Rewind/ FFwd(Held) keys
But you missed that Insignia changed App 1 2 3 to A B C
also I am still getting error on keycode 72 and 71 which is weird
because I was expectiing your map to clear up that problem

Randy

EDIT
I just noticed that App 1 2 3 was in the RDF as well so that is one of the older RDF''S
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I should have stated that the error appears in rmaster.err when i download from remote and not if I do New remote image

I believe this is the clue to what is happening. When you download from the remote, RMIR finds all the remotes with that signature and loads their RDFs. There are three of them for signature 370601. One of them, 370601 (URC-3660 v2).rdf, is missing the line

Code:
"fast fwd":FastFwd(Held)=$71:AllMacroBind,Rewind(Held),

I believe it is this that is creating the error messages. I don't have any remote with that signature so can't test it, but if you add this as the last line but one in the [Buttons] section, I suspect the errors will disappear.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

The Line ""fast fwd":FastFwd(Held)=$71:AllMacroBind,Rewind(Held),"
is in the RDF just before the last line which is all the phantom buttons
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the 370601 (URC-3660 v2).rdf file that you need to add this line into.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

Ok you had me confused for a minute there
I added line to the 370601 (URC-3660 v2).rdf even though I am using the
370601 (Insignia NS-RMT5D21).rdf and that solved the 71 72 error
I take it then, that it is because of how RMIR actually handle's the actual signature
of the varies remotes ?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Insignia NS-RMT5D21 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Ok ... that solved the 71 72 error
I take it then, that it is because of how RMIR actually handle's the actual signature of the varies remotes ?

Yes, as I tried to explain in my earlier post, on a download RMIR reads in the RDFs of all remotes with the appropriate signature, processing all its sections and so reporting any errors in any of these RDFs.

I propose now to replace your map with Rob's, after changing App1, .. in it to A, B, C but retaining your RDF and, of course, jpg and to include this combination of files in the release build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: