JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Download and Upload Issues for 8811 (and 8910) remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmezz13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject: RMIR Download and Upload Issues for 8811 (and 8910) remote Reply with quote

I had documented this in a thread regarding the new RMIR 2.15.0, but it doesn't really belong there as it is not unique to that version. Here it is:

jmezz13 wrote:
I have been playing around with my old 8811 and 8910 remotes with 2.15.1 and have run into some issues. However, I don't think they should hold anything up because I also verified the same issues with 2.14.8. And maybe they are already known or operator error.

Long story short I'm getting an "Upload verify failed" message when uploading to either of these remotes with a JP1.x interface. Interestingly, I don't get the error when I use the Delcom interface. If I then try to upload the same file with the JP1.x, it works fine, but trying to load any other file with the JP1.x will fail. If I download after a failed upload, I will see a few bytes that have been changed. Also, one of the files I'm using will cause a failed download with an error message saying there may be a bug in RMIR, etc. All these files were created in 2012-1017 timeframe. Not sure what to make of it.

I have done some additional testing and found that the upload error started in RMIR 2.12.5 (it seems fine in 2.12.1) while the Download error is consistent across all versions back to 2.12.0. I have included a zip file in the diagnosis area that could be used for potential troubleshooting if desired. I realize these remotes are old and there may not be as much interest in these any longer.

Here is the file in the diagnosis area(hopefully the contents are somewhat self-explanatory):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26711

BTW, here are my system properties for my desktop and I've also tried on my laptop which is also Win 11, Java 19.0.2
System Properties:
java.version = "19.0.2"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Windows 11"
os.arch = "amd64"

Edit: I identified a specific Special Function that was causing the Download error. If I remove that single special function, the download works fine. Within the RMIR file included in the upload it is #3 (SAT, Xshift-Phantom3).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: