JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mising Bound Keys
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Mising Bound Keys Reply with quote

I recently purchased a new television and began setting up my Atlas 1056B01 remote to manage my purchase. I still had version 3.08 of RM installed on my computer, but decided it was time to update to the much newer version 3.14 before setting up my new device.

When I tried to build new macros with RM 3.14 using the same keys I had used for my older television I ran into a problem. Specifically, the F1 and F2 functions keys as well as the On Demand key are not listed as options for Bound Keys. However, they are listed among the Macro Definition Available Keys. I didn't do a thorough search, so I can't say for certain that these are the only missing keys.

Fortunately, I had not removed RM 3.08 from my computer and was able to create the desired macros quickly and easily, and everything is working as it should.

I just wanted to make the developers of this much-appreciated software aware of the issue.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what RM 3.14 is. The current version of RMIR is 2.14.16..
Jim978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I had been using 2.08 build 1 and updated to 2.14.16. I got the problem right, but blew it when I entered the version numbers.

Thanks for the catch!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, what is the signature of your Atlas 1056?
Jim978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

The remote in question is clearly labelled 1056B01, but when I checked an rmdu file created using that remote I got this:

Description=
Remote.name=Atlas 1056 B03
Remote.signature=201009

Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to determine the signature is to use the 983 signature blinkback command.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28983.29_Remote_Signature_Blink_Back
Jim978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob the signature of the remote is 3033.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking this sounded like there was a difference in the RDF, but the 3033 RDF is identical between 2.08 and 2.14
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: Mising Bound Keys Reply with quote

Could it be an extender was previously installed ?
F1, F2, and On Demand are available for Macros with the extender
Jim978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Many years ago (probably about a dozen) I experimented with an extender, but ultimately decided not to go that route. I did find an Atlas 1056 extender file on my computer. It was created Wed 13 Oct 2021 01:43:25 PM EDT, but I have never knowingly used that file, and am not sure when/how it got there.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I was using the remote in question for the very first time. (Years ago I was worried that, because JP1 capable remotes were getting harder to find and remote keys wear out over time, my JP1 programming days might someday come to a crashing halt. So, when I saw an ebay ad offering 6 new Atlas remotes for just $25 I decided to stock up and I now have a lifetime supply!)

If an extender had been installed at some point, would the keys in question be handled differently by 2.08 versus 2.14? Would it help if I opened a remote that is in a sealed package and has definitely never been used and tried to create new macros using both 2.08 and 2.14?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was actually HamburgerHelper1 who asked about extenders.

I see that we have several remotes with the 3033 signature and those 3 buttons have different names in different remotes. For example:
  • in 30333033 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver)).rdf they are called F1, F2 and OnDemand,
  • in 30333033 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3033).rdf they are called TuneIn1-3,
  • in 30333033 (Manawa OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver)).rdf they are called F1/A{upper},F3/C{upper},F2/B{upper},
  • in 30333033 (Potenza ST ADB).rdf they are called PIP,SWAP,MOVE
Is it simply possible that when you downloaded from your remote using the newer RMIR that you selected the wrong remote and those buttons are available for macros, just under another name?
Jim978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

It's possible, but I don't think so. As a test I launched 2.14 and downloaded using two different remote names, the Atlas 1056 black (the correct name) and Atlas 5 Day 1055 (the wrong name). Using the correct name the F1, F2, and On Demand keys are absent from the Bound Key list, but they are in the Definitions list. Using the wrong name the keys available as Bound Keys included unfamiliar names, something that caught my attention at once as I searched for the key I needed. (I have three remotes going right now with the same keys performing the same actions for very different hardware setups.)

I then launched 2.08 and downloaded with the correct remote name and those keys appear on both lists. For some reason 2.14 does recognize those keys as Definition keys, but doesn't allow they to be Bound Keys.
Jim978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Maybe this will help ... or maybe it will make things more confusing. As an experiment, I launched 2.14 and downloaded from the remote I was updating. Then I went to the macros section to edit the macro I created with 2.08 that uses On Demand as the Bound Key. When I opened the drop down list I was not presented with the usual Bound Keys. In fact, there were only three keys were on that list ... F1, F2 and On Demand!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fired up RMIR using both 2.08 and 2.14 and the difference that I see is, when creating macros using 2.08 it doesn't offer you a choice of Normal macro vs. MultiMacro whereas 2.14 does. This tells me that 2.08 didn't understand what MultiMacros are.

When you click New under Macros, a pop-up box gives you that choice, if you select Normal, you don't get F1/F2/OnDemand as an option for Bound keys, but if you select MutiMacro, those are your ONLY choices.
Jim978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

RMIR Multimacros are new to me, since they weren't available with 2.08. In fact, the concept of a multimacro is new to me as well. If I understand it, normal macros can be nested within a nultimacro and run in sequence with a single keystroke (correct me if I'm wrong).

If that is correct, do you know whether a person who selects Multimacro rather than Normal from the options presented can insert a non-macro key in the list of defined keys? If so, I can continue to use On Demand with 2.14 in the way in which I am accustomed. If not, launching 2.08 to create new macros bound to the F1, F2, or On Demand keys (something I will rarely need to do) is not really a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: