JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 19PFL3403D/27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Philips 19PFL3403D/27 Reply with quote

I am trying to get this small TV working. I do not have the original remote for it although that would be mostly irrelevant to what I'm going to ask. Apparently someone found it left behind in a rented house after the tenants moved out, and I'm just trying to get it working with the absolute minimum investment. I created this upgrade based on a file I found here, and also examining/learning a few items from a Sofabaton U1 and a Harmony 700, neither one of which had a complete, accurate button map for this TV. The biggest issue I had was that the discrete inputs were incorrect on the Harmony. I cannot remember what was wrong with the Sofabaton, but it did not work correctly even though that unit is more of a dumb remote and therefore would not use the discretes.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26686

The most glaring thing missing from this upgrade is discrete power commands, even though the old file I found had three different pairs of discretes (RC6, RC5 device 0, and RC5 device 3)

So far I have brute forced all of the RC6 codes 1 through 254 and all of the RC5 device 3 codes 1 through 127. I haven't brute forced any of the RC5 device 0 codes.

Using the RC5 protocol, are there 127 or 254 OBCs per device? Or does anyone have a TV from this series and have figured out the discrete power codes for it yet? I would like to finish this upgrade and then email the info to both Harmony and Sofabaton tech support because this TV is in a room that I don't occupy (will be likely either rented as a furnished room or else AirBNB'd) so I don't want to donate one of my last functioning Xsights to the cause. Thanks much.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RC5 protocol only has 128 OBCs (ie, 0-127), so it's worth testing the RC5 dev 3 codes, and maybe dev 0

I noticed that several of your RC6 functions list N/A as the RC6 device code, which is confusing. To fix it, I entered 1 as RC6 dev2 and 2 as RC6 dev3, then re-selected 0 as the RC6 device code on the Functions tab for the ones that now showed 2.

You might want to check these upgrade files for codes:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12827
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8024
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12714
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Philips 19PFL3403D/27 Reply with quote

I have the Philips 19pfl3504d_f7 and have not found any discrete on/off codes and
suspect these tv's will not have them.
I also have not been able to get into any service menu. All of the standard methods do not work.
I don't need to get into the service menu I only tried for testing purposes
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:03 pm    Post subject: Philips 19PFL3403D/27 Reply with quote

Caution with RC-5 Dev 0 OBC's 125 and 127 will put it in service mode
Mine is currently going through the color patterns and i have not been able to get out of it
Fortunately for me This is a tv i picked up at work to be scrapped so if i cant get it out of service mode no harm done
But for others it may not be worth playing with the codes
You Have been warned
Somehow i got it out of service with the teletxt and arrow keys using the Philips TV Master upgrade which uses the RC-6 Dev 0 Protocol
n8nagel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I'll just skip those OBCs and document them.

Did you find that the discretes were different than for other Philips TVs? That's why I'm doing this exercise YET AGAIN, it seems like every time I pick up a piece of electronics, unless it's something super standard like a Sony Blu-Ray player that Harmony just won't work for it and I have to dive back in and start brute forcing the OBCs to figure it out...
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject: Philips 19PFL3403D/27 Reply with quote

This is all i found for RC-5 Dev 0
35=lang 38=sleep 34=prev ch 93=freeze
Philips has always been strange to me
A motel donated 200 Philips 26hf7945d to a charity I worked for.
I was tasked with testing and getting them ready to Resell
They worked ok in Hospitality mode but i thought it would be better to put in home mode
I used home/commercial button sequence "024995 menu " to switch to home.
Well to my surprise the tuner section did not have a "USA" Location, only France and a couple other countries.
So It had "USA" in commercial use but not in home use
I assumed then that it was only sold in the US for commercial use and not for Home use
I ended up going back to commercial use
and unfortunately anyone that bought this tv had to use
"319753 Mute" Button sequence to get into the settings section
n8nagel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, you already did it then? RC5 dev 0 is the one that I haven't done yet.

I'll test those and I guess I should probably upload the spreadsheet that I have going because it may be useful to someone (I didn't put the RC5 codes in the upgrade that had the same functions in RC6 for example, and I also have some "Ambilight" codes documented for another Philips TV that we used to have before one of the HDMI jacks failed)

I appreciate the help although it is super frustrating if there are no working discrete power codes, that's just rude on Philips' part.

In case you've figured it out, do you know the purpose of RC5 dev 3 OBC 100? I found that brute forcing and it basically locks up the TV and puts a green F in the upper right corner. Thinking it may be a remote control lockout or something? I didn't spend a whole lot of time on that because I was more interested in finding the power discretes.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Philips 19PFL3403D/27 Reply with quote

Quote:
RC5 dev 3 OBC 100? I found that brute forcing and it basically locks up the TV and puts a green F in the upper right corner.

An "F" on the screen usually is "Factory" so that may be some sort of reset or service menu

Oddly it does nothing on my tv
There could be differences in our models and testing rc5 dev 0 might be worth a try for you
n8nagel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm curious myself because all the discretes are different for this TV than any other Philips codes I've found. (same codes but they do different things) I have kind of taken a break from messing with this as a) it's at least mostly working with the Sofabaton (because on that you just use the pop up "input" menu) just channel up/down don't work and I haven't heard back from SB CS and b) I also had my bedroom stereo go flaky on me which I end up attributing to some semi-gluteal speaker cables that I'd just rigged up "temporarily" a year ago but of course messing with it has meant fixing absolutely everything so I've been less concerned about a spare bedroom TV setup.

I did find a BOTL Sony Blu-Ray player in Value Village for $8 with the remote so I've got that and a Fire Stick set up in there, so it's really not like a penalty box if anyone stays there. I may throw an old receiver in there if I find a cheap pair of bookshelf speakers I don't care about.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I noticed that several of your RC6 functions list N/A as the RC6 device code, which is confusing. To fix it, I entered 1 as RC6 dev2 and 2 as RC6 dev3, then re-selected 0 as the RC6 device code on the Functions tab for the ones that now showed 2.

When I do that, the "6 Dev" for all the N/As turns to "2" and I cannot change it. Would it be better to leave as "2" or "N/A"?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
The Robman wrote:

When I do that, the "6 Dev" for all the N/As turns to "2" and I cannot change it. Would it be better to leave as "2" or "N/A"?

I entered 0,1,2 in the dev boxes, so I could see which one was being selected, then I changed the selection. Then after that, I changed the 3 dev boxes all to 0. What do you mean that you couldn't change it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: