JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 newbie questions - finally took the plunge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobidutch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: JP1 newbie questions - finally took the plunge Reply with quote

Have been a remote-nut for a while, but I am now finally entering the dark side into the JP1 realm. I got "forced" a bit by the desire to find discrete ON/OFF codes for a Sony DVD/VCR combo that I bought for my kids (SLV-D300P). I suspect the unit itself does not support discrete codes at all, but I darn well intend to enjoy tinkering with JP1 to find out.

What I learned so far is that I need DVD code 0864 for this combo, which is not present in my 15-2117. I downloaded the file from the JP1 Files section, and noticed these lines somewhere towards the bottom:

audio,023,,phantom4,,,,,,,,,
angle,101,,discreteON,,,,,,,,,
subtitle/timer,096,,discreteOFF,,,,,,,,,
sp/ep,088,,phantom7,,,,,,,,,

I downloaded the file into the keymaster spreadsheet. The ON/OFF commands are not present on the Functions tab...bad sign? They are however present on the Buttons tab, with an @ in front of it, which I read to mean phantom buttons that I can use in macros or keymovers.

QUESTION: is there a quick way to tell if the file actually contains OBC or EFC codes for @DiscreteON and @DiscreteOFF?

Thanks! Liking this already. I know I will be customizing the crap out of the 15-2117...see how close I can get it to the programming of my MX-700...Smile

Arjen
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the darkside, come on in, it's fun! Smile

re: the KM file.
The DiscreteON and DiscreteOFF entries that you see are indeed phantom buttons (ie, buttons that don't really exist). The RDFs (Remote Definition Files) for several remotes have these phantoms defined to make macros that use them easier to read.

The presence of these entries in that KM file doesn't mean anything regarding whether this device has discretes or not. You want to find similar entries in the Functions sheet.

Seeing as how your device is a Sony, let me introduce you to "the other Rob", who is the world's leading expert on all things Sony. He has tried to list every Sony code known to man on his web site:

http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/sony_home.htm

He has a page for Sony DVD/VCR combos, but I don't see any discretes listed on it:

http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/Sony_vdcombo.htm

However, all may not be lost. I don't see OBCs 46 and 47 accounted for on that list and these are usually the discrete on and off codes. I would be surprised if this device supports discretes and they're not on Rob's web site, but hey, there's a first time for everything, so give them a try and see if they work.
mobidutch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I'll give that a shot, and report it if successful. Thanks Robman!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: