JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tablo DVR; similar remote to program learning remote
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
videobruce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Tablo DVR; similar remote to program learning remote Reply with quote

I have 2 codes for Tablo TV Tuner/DVR boxes, but I don't know what or how to do with them.

What I really wanted was a remote that I can use with their model HW-150PVR to program a learning remote (URC MX-900)

The remote codes they gave me are OIFF and 807F, Data format NEC

Can anyone have or know of a manufactures remote that would work; (Samsung, Sony, Vizio, etc.), for example ? I would like to think there is something out there that has the same codes.

Hope that makes sense.

[MODERATOR NOTE: This thread originally listed Homeworx as the brand, which is why some of the replies mention it. The OP edited the thread to say Tablo later]

Last edited by videobruce on Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
videobruce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The programmable remote is a URC MX900 if that matters.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I decoded that hex code for you and found matching JP1 upgrades, what would you do with them?
videobruce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, I'm not familiar with any of this. That is what the manufacture gave me. The stock remote doesn't have a needed numeric keypad.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find a working UEI code, of course you will need a UEI universal remote they're cheap, that matches those commands, then you can search one at time advanced codes for the missing numeral commands. In the end teach the mx-900 remote.

I did the same thing for stand-alone Roku like the Ultra, found numeral commads 0-9 and ch up & down.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

videobruce wrote:
No idea, I'm not familiar with any of this. That is what the manufacture gave me. The stock remote doesn't have a needed numeric keypad.

That's my point, you're asking your question in forums where we're experts with JP1 remotes, and remote signals themselves, so if I were to dig into this I could almost certainly come up with what the remote signals look like for this device, but once I did all that work, you wouldn't know what to do with the information, so I'm not sure what you're really looking for here.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him here:

https://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/whichremote/thread.cgi?2270,last#last
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Homework DVR; similar remote to program learning remote Reply with quote

And we have the HomeWorx HW-150PVR upgrade here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12043
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edmund, we do know what signals the HW-150PVR uses, and the file that HH posted matches the 01FF code that VB was given, but how were you expecting that we can help him program his URC MX-900 with a JP1 upgrade?

Btw, on regular UEI remotes, CBL/0368 and CBL/1594 appear to be matches.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I would hope someone would Identify the commands, possible there was an upgrade available, like there was. Maybe inside the upgrade they have pronto hex listed, like Dave does when he made out the Roku upgrade. The mx-900 can be loaded with pronto hex via the CCP software universal browser. Or at least YOU Rob will give UEI setup codes they could load into cheap UEI remote and teach the mx-900. Or search the efc's. But I see the two you listed are only in EU OFA models. Sad

I am sorry, I didn't want his post to be buried at the graveyard that Remote Central has become. Sad
videobruce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
I sent him here:

https://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/whichremote/thread.cgi?2270,last#last
Thank you !
videobruce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I'm using the dedicated older software for the MX900 since it's far easier to use and it does the basic job. Smile

Well, the other way is to find a remote with the same codes and teach the MX900 which I was hoping to do. Sad

And yes, Remote Central is a "graveyard' of sorts which is why I'm here and knew of it's existence. Aren't those codes useful the manufacture gave me?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know how to load Pronto hex into your MX remote, I can certainly generate that for you.

If you have an OFA remote, you can try those 2 setup codes that I listed before.

Or... if you're interested in this sort of thing, and want to have the ability to teach absolutely anything to the MX, you could get yourself a JP1 remote and cable and learn how to do JP1. If you had such a remote, you could load the upgrade that HH linked to earlier in it, test it, then use it to teach the MX. If your device supports discrete codes or other secret functionality, you can use a JP1 remote to load those codes, or find them if they're not already known.
videobruce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP1 remotes use a serial connection, don't they?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, modern JP1 remotes used an FTDI USB connection. We did have designs for serial connectors for the older remotes, and parallel port connectors, back when PCs had both ports.

There are some remotes that have a USB port onboard (like the OARUSB04G), which eliminates the need for a JP1 cable (as a regular USB cable will do), but they're not as readily available as they used to be. Even non-USB JP1 remotes are becoming harder to find now, and I don't know what models are currently available. Maybe someone else who's more up to date can chime in here.

This thread describes how to convert an FTI cable into a JP1 cable:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360

But back to your MX remote, do you know how to load Pronto hex into it? If you do, I'll generate the code for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: