JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Charter/Spectrum URC-1060 newer or older version RMIR no RDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:36 am    Post subject: Charter/Spectrum URC-1060 newer or older version RMIR no RDF Reply with quote

I get These for free as I'm in a Charter/Spectrum area but I recently got ahold of two that are not seen my RMIR they are made in Mexico and not China like the ones I usually get.

Anyway they look exactly like the link the manual is also there

1. Name of remote: Charter OCAP 4 - Device Remote Control
2. Photo: here
3. RIR raw download: Raw Download
4. Preprogrammed Device codes:
Aux: 31023
DVD: 20503
TV: 10047
CBL: 01877
5 Macros: ?
6 Button codes on PCB: Don't want to open it yet, sorry
7. Raw Download

Thanks in advance
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the user manual, this remote does support 99x commands, such as 990, 991, 993, 994 and 973, so it is possible that it also supports the 995 command for macros. You left question #5 blank, which means I can't tell if you tried it and it doesn't work, or if you just didn't try it at all. So could you please clarify.

If it doesn't support macros, the next alternative is to use keymoves to find the button codes. It's a lot more time consuming, but it is doable.

Watch for a PM from me with additional instructions.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Charter/Spectrum URC-1060 newer or older version RMIR no RDF Reply with quote

The remote does support macros (On Demand, My DVR & System On/Off) but I was just tired and lazy last night so I can do them if I still have to

Thanks

PS: It is getting harder to even get these "Silver" remotes as the techs call them because they are reserved for legacy customers the new customers get the URC-1160's which are 2 device and have no 6-pin header
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One part of building an RDF is entering all the button codes, and the easiest way to do that is for you to create macros that contain all of the physical buttons. You need to keep track of which buttons you are putting in the macros, so I can compare your list to the list of codes that I see in the RMIR file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the RDF all ready except for the button codes, so just waiting on those macros now.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a zip file containing the RDF, map and image. Please give it a whirl.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26638
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: