JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upload Roku Official to URC 6131

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airauto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Upload Roku Official to URC 6131 Reply with quote

I have a URC-6131 Old PVR Remote 2K.
I cannot load Roku Official into RMDU. I get a message that that Setup code 3061 is invalid. Enter a number between 0 and 2047. I also get an Alternate PID is required and cannot be null. Protocol ID exceeds 01FF, not valid for this remote. I loaded the Old Roku RMDU, but the 6131 would not operate Roku. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to load a specific RMDU file into RM? If so, please post a link to it.

Most of our older remotes only support setup codes up to 2047, so if this RMDU file just happens to have a larger number as its setup code, you just need to replace it with a number of 2047 or less.

The Alternate PID is for when the RMDU file contains a homemade protocol executor, and it clashes with one that's already in the remote, so that gives you the opportunity to replace it with a new one.

The 6131 most certainly does support the Roku Official protocol (the executor id is 021A).
airauto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to load Roku Official RMDU. I can change the setup code, but when I specify the URC 6131(old) PVR remote, the tabs in the RMDU file gray out and I can't do anything. It also requests an alternate ID. How do I find the Alt ID? Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Are you trying to load a specific RMDU file into RM? If so, please post a link to it.

airauto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Upload Roku Official to URC 6131 Reply with quote

I uploaded my RMIR file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26598

I'm trying to load the Roku Official RMDU into it, but as I pointed out above, I,m having problems with protocols. I think it is due to my Yamaha Amp. Also problems with the set up code. Appreciate the help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, you are so bad at following instructions that I suspect, even if I were to tell you how to solve your issue, you wouldn't be able to do it. But I'm going to try one last time, you keep mentioning some file called "Roku Official RMDU" but we have lots of Roku files here, and none of them are called "Roku Official RMDU", so in order for me to be sure that I'm looking at the one that you are trying to use, I keep asking you to post a link to the SPECIFIC file that you are trying to use. I don't even know if you're trying to setup a Roku TV or a Roku STB.

The official Roku protocol has id 021A, which is too big for older remotes like the 6131, so you need to use the Alt box to enter something else, like 01FF for example.
airauto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm not proficient with this forum, but I downloaded this zip file from the file section and tried to incorporate the Roku Official RMDU into my existing RMIR file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25290

I never seemed to have a problem doing this in the past with various different A/V equipment. You did, however, help me with my Yamaha receiver to get the protocol right. Am I going about this the wrong way?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I see which file you were trying to use, and here's why I needed a URL rather than a name:
* The file description in the forum is: Roku (all models: 1,2,3,4,Premiere,Express,Ultra,etc) - Master file
* The actual file name is: Roku.zip
* If you unzip the contents, one of the files it contains is: Roku (official).rmdu

If all I have to go on is an in-exact version of the file name, I would have to download all of the Roku files that we have, and unzip them if they are zipped, just to try and guess which file you are using. You see the problem?

Anyway, as you uploaded your RMIR file previously, I just added the Roku file to it, assigned it to the CBL button, and reloaded it to your URL. So you can take it from here. You will still have to chose which functions you want assigned to which buttons. Personally, I arrange my Roku home screen to match the number buttons on my remote, as the home screen is 3-across , so for example, Netflix is the 6th app on the screen and it's on the "6" button on my remote.
airauto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I'll change the buttons this weekend and go from there.
Sorry for the confusion earlier.
airauto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob, I set up the buttons for my preferences. The remote works great. Thank you, I really appreciate it. You guys are amazing!
Bob
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: