JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc-3680
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

something like that but i can change remote delay in RMIR and then remote will test me to see if i can hit button on stopwatch
Either way delay is correct
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure, RMIR will let you do that because it lets you manipulate the data, but of course that only works once we've properly decoded the way the remote stores the data. I was just curious what process the remote requires you to follow to program the delays manually, as I don't have a remote that supports delays in macros natively. (By that I mean, we have other JP1 tools that let you add delays in macros, even when the remote doesn't officially support it).
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

Manually from the manual is to just press the sequence of button that you normally do to activate a service such as netflix or apple tv something that might bring up a menu and it takes time for menu to come up so you may have to wait before your next scroll through the menu or several menus to get where you want to be.
For instance on my samsung tv on OTA antennae i have a macro to 1st bring up the guide then scroll right then "info" to bring up details of the current show.
This macro would not work without adding delay time to accommodate the speed of the guide. The remote records the time it takes you to press the buttons and plays it back that way
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to worry about slight differences in timings made with a stopwatch. If you find timing errors that could be significant for equipment being controlled by real-time macros then I will look into it, but what you report does not seem to be of this magnitude.

I have re-tested real-time macros on the URC7955, the first remote on which they were supported by UEI, and find that it also supports a third range of hold values that was not recognized by RMIR. That remote uses $71, $72, $73 for the timing codes and it was $73 that was missing. RMIR v2.14.17 fixes this issue for that remote, too.

I do not know what to make of the earlier reports by dtrump that his URC3680 was changing the timing code $74 to $71. I cannot see how this is human error, a faulty cable or anything similar and it is a strange coincidence that $71 is the correct code for the URC7955. Unless he reappears in this discussion, I see no way to investigate it further.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

Error In RDF ?
Not sure if this can be fixed

Lets say I make a timed Macro on Tv on key digit "1"
When i make another DSM or Real Time Macro the digit "1" is still available to use which is not possible for device TV . Multi DSM displays things correctly since digit "1" is not available to use in the list
The digit " 1" is available for other devices and will work but it should not be displayed for
DSM or Real Time Macro ON device "TV"
I know this is trivial since a person should know digit "1 " is already used
I just thought I would point it out
This behavior is in both the URC-3660 AND URC-3680
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about programming a DSM onto the "1" button, or are you talking about including "1" in the DSM?

If it's the former, I believe the remote has a hierarchy that it uses to decide which item programmed to a button takes precedence, so even though RMIR might let you program additional functions, the remote will still pick the "top" one. Having said that, if we know the hierarchy, it would be nice if RMIR knew it and maybe gave a warning, but this is "nice to have" stuff, certainly not essential.

I suspect you mean the latter though. Un-extended remotes do not support nested macros. What that means is, even if you have already programmed a macro to the "1" button, you are still free to make another macro that includes the "1" button in it, and when you play back the second macro, it will use the native version of the "1" button, and it will ignore the first macro.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

I mean making the macro on the "1" key after making a timed macro on "1" i can make a second timed macro on it again. Even though i should not be able to
After making 2nd macro and clicking "ok" the macro does not show up but if I switch tabs then go back to 'special functions" tab the macro is there.
Under the segments tab i will only see the 1st macro segment.
I ran into this type behavior during the development of the RDF and sometimes it would lock up RMIR and i would have to hard crash it to restart
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob has beaten me to it! I was just about to write the same thing as his former case, which I think is what you meant. RMIR does not stop you doing things that don't work. Your "issue" is not specific to the URC3660 and similar. It is possible to create several macros on the same button in RMIR in all remotes. It always has been in all versions of RMIR and its predecessor, IR.exe. The remote will use the first one it finds in its search. Some users have even found this useful when developing a macro, as you can keep more than one in the setup and change which one is used by changing their order in RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems we are all correct. What Rob and I say about macros is true, but you are also right that there is an issue with this for timed macros. I will look into it.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

I can see that as an advantage for developing a macro but if I save a rmir file of it for future reference RMIR can not load it
Here it is

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26655
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

Now that I think about it.
It may have been this type of behavior letting me do things that don't work that led me to my hack with the old RDF That ultimately led to the development of being able to put timed macro's on keys other than the remotes dedicated keys
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have identified the problem but not yet worked out how to handle it. It is specific to these remotes and arises from the fact that these remotes support multimacros and real-time macros on the same keys. What is happening is that because there is more than one macro on the key, RMIR is treating it as a multimacro and its data is not compatible with this, hence the crash. I will give a further update when I have decided how to handle it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try development build RMIR v2.14.18 in the RMIR Development folder.

This build required a significant rewrite of code that handles real-time macros in these remotes. The previous code worked for the creation of all types of macros supported by the remotes but I had not given thought to situations such as you have identified, in which further macros are added that can be stored in a .rmir file but which the remote will ignore. I have tried now to handle all the situations of that sort that I can think of. It is possible that I have missed something, or even created a new bug by this rewrite, so please do give it a good testing.

RMIR should now allow you to add extra macros, such as more than one real-time macro on the same button, without crashing. These extra macros will be saved in a .rmir file but they will not be included in the binary data uploaded to the remote and so there will not be segments for them shown in the Segment Editor. If (as I recommend) you have highlighting enabled (check menu item Options > Highlighting) then in the Macros panel their size shown in the Size & Color column will be zero. If you juggle the order of these macros that are on the same button, with the Up and Down buttons on the Macros panel, the Size & Color column will change so that only the topmost one is nonzero. Correspondingly the Segment Editor will have a segment for only this topmost one. This is how it was intended to operate previously but now I hope it actually does so. Thank you for bringing this bug to my attention.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

So far my macros are working correctly
Thank you
Another observation in the segment editor is that segment CF tool-tip bubble displays
segment type not known to RMIR but as far as I know that is the Listen to Music assignment segment
Or is there something else peculiar about this segment ?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: urc-3680 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Another observation in the segment editor is that segment CF tool-tip bubble displays segment type not known to RMIR but as far as I know that is the Listen to Music assignment segment. Or is there something else peculiar about this segment ?

Thank you for pointing this out. This segment type was first seen in the URC3660 and URC3661 and I forgot to add its tool-tip description. I will do so for the next RMIR build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: