JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

urc-3680
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtrump wrote:
Meanwhile, my comment about a bug in RMIR stands ... Besides the display issue, I had some of the Hold() commands completely disappear at one point in testing.

Can you give me a way to reproduce any bug that you still believe to be present? I cannot investigate vague statements that say that something happened at one point in testing.
dtrump

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand and if I knew how to accomplish that, I would have already reported it. Meanwhile, I think there is some benefit to report unexpected behavior just in case someone else sees the same problem.

Dick
dtrump

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that making the changes to the RDF had the effect you predicted.

I do have one example of an RMIR where the Hold() entries disappeared. But I am unable to remember the exact steps that caused them to disappear. In addition, going forward I will be using the modified RDF, so in some respects, I am back to a beginning point.

Although I was tracking version numbers at one point, sometimes they would include multiple steps of changes. I'll attempt to maintain a step-by-step progression of versions. Obviously, that takes a bit more care and didn't seem important until I ran into unexpected behavior. I thought I was only tracking changes that effected a change in behavior, not in displayed programming within the executable.

Dick
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

With those changes the rmaster.err file now gives
Final signature sought = 369006
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $72, Creating button!
ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $71, Creating button!
Warning: Shape defined for unknown button Rewind(Held)
Warning: Shape defined for unknown button FastFwd(Held)

So i am getting confused.
I am assuming the 3680 will support Rewind(Held) and FastFwd(Held) just as the 3660 does. So how do we set that up in the RDF ?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I am assuming the 3680 will support Rewind(Held) and FastFwd(Held) just as the 3660 does. So how do we set that up in the RDF ?

I assume this too, but the button codes must be different. I do not have a 3680 so cannot investigate this. I suggest creating a macro on the remote, not in RMIR, that has these buttons in it then downloading it, saving the .rmir file and opening it with a text editor to see what codes have been used in the macro. If I were to guess, I would guess $74 and $75 but that is a pure guess based on the idea that 71 and 72 have been swapped with 74 and 75. The macro should give the true values.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$71 and $72 are in the main button map, so we buttons to be defined with those hex codes.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

I believe im confused because i think there is an error in the map file
with a macro of Rew Held and FF Held RMIR shows "Rewind:FastFwd(
so i believe Rew and Rew(held) AND FF may be reversed and the RMIR shows data as 0F and 11 not 74 75

[Macro]
Data=0F 11
SegmentFlags=255
KeyCode=33
DeviceIndex=0
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
$71 and $72 are in the main button map, so we buttons to be defined with those hex codes.

I think the button map for the 3680 was copied unchanged from that for the 3660, so those codes in the map may be wrong for the 3680.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: urc-3680 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I believe im confused because i think there is an error in the map file
with a macro of Rew Held and FF Held RMIR shows "Rewind:FastFwd(
so i believe Rew and Rew(held) AND FF may be reversed and the RMIR shows data as 0F and 11 not 74 75

[Macro]
Data=0F 11
SegmentFlags=255
KeyCode=33
DeviceIndex=0

You haven't included the keycodes in your text of the macro so I can't see your data, but you may be right about the held and non-held codes being reversed, if this is what you mean. If so, try a macro with the non-held versions. Alternatively, the macro process in the remote itself may not recognize the keys being held, in which case this route will not work. Without one of these remotes I cannot solve the problem, I can only make suggestions to try. You could try changing 71 and 72 to 74 and 75 in the [Buttons] section AND in the button maps and just see if it works or not.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

Time to start from scratch and re think this
I went back to using the original RDF in release v2.14.16
Using FastFwd(Held) and Rewind(Held) for my DVR the buttons work correctly. I even put
the "'power Button" on the 2 held buttons and they indeed did turn the device on and off when held down.
Since this is working correctly is there another possibility for the original problem
of 74 being changed to 71 ?

Randy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
The Robman wrote:

I think the button map for the 3680 was copied unchanged from that for the 3660, so those codes in the map may be wrong for the 3680.

The two remotes do share the same signature (369006) so it would sense that they share the same codes.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The two remotes do share the same signature (369006) so it would sense that they share the same codes.

It appears from the earlier posts in this thread that the codes used for timing in RealTime Macros differ between the 3660 and 3680. Those codes are 74 and 75 in the 3660. I am confident of this as I have looked again at the .rmir files for my 3660 but they appear to be 71 and 72 for the 3680. I cannot reconcile this difference with the firmware in both remotes being the same. Without having a 3680 I am unable to investigate further.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

By changing 71 - 74
I Changed these lines to RealTimeMacroData=$2D $2E $2F, $71 $72
"fast fwd":FastFwd(Held)=$74:AllMacroBind,Rewind(Held),
and changed 71 and 72 to 74-75 in the button map
all is working as it should be and ff held and rew held map file is correct
and when opening 3680-Samsung-corrupt.rmir file the macro's appear to be correct
So maybe this will solve things But as always more testing to do

Randy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be cautious of making changes to the RDF "just to get RMIR working" if those changes are in direct conflict with what we know is in the remote. I have triple checked the button map and it definitely contains 71 and 72, so replacing those with 74 and 75 in the button map is not the right solution.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: urc-3680 Reply with quote

I went back to original RDF again and all is fine.
It does appear though that 71 and 72 affect 74 75 or vise versa
Curiosity are 74 and 75 in the button map?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: