JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Mecool KIII pro RMDU or RMIR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiku

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Need Mecool KIII pro RMDU or RMIR Reply with quote

Hello friend i need Mecool KIII Pro Hybrid Stb Rmdu File, can anyone provide me, there is a mecool kiii pro file for sling player in the file section by Alanrichey, I dont know how to convert that file into Rmdu.
Thanks

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25192
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To convert Alan's file to RMDU, open RM, go to Advanced - Import Binary Upgrade and pick one of the bin files.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26558
Tiku

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
To convert Alan's file to RMDU, open RM, go to Advanced - Import Binary Upgrade and pick one of the bin files.

Thanks mdavej, there are two Advanced in the RMIR, but none of them has a function to import binary files.

https://imgur.com/a/SBrqAfI

And if i just simply open the file i get the message see in the pic 3.

Last edited by Tiku on Wed May 25, 2022 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiku

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here you go:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26558

Thanks Rob, But some of the important buttons are not ther like MOUSE, RED, GREEN, BLUE YELLOW.

https://imgur.com/a/fn5RSoB
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiku wrote:
Thanks Rob, But some of the important buttons are not there like MOUSE, RED, GREEN, BLUE YELLOW.

I just converted the Slingbox file into an RMDU file, I don't have anyway of knowing the codes for the missing buttons. However, you now have a chance to do some fun JP1 stuff yourself. If you open the RMDU file that I created and sort the buttons using the OBC, you will notice that most of the buttons have codes in the 128-255 range, so what I would do is create a 2nd upgrade that has all of the "gap" codes (ie, numbers in the range 128-255 that are not accounted for) like 129,130,131, 134, etc. Give them all names (doesn't matter what) and assign them to buttons, then test the upgrade to see if any of the buttons do anything. If you find a button that does something, test it 2 or 3 times to be sure you understand what it's doing and make a note of it. For example, if the MENU button is invoking the "BLUE" function, make a note and then later go back to your RMDU file to see which OBC you assigned to MENU. Let's say it was 129, well, you would have determined that 129 is the OBC for BLUE and now you can add it to the original RMDU file.

Also, just FYI, the guy who creates the Slingbox files does them by capturing setup codes from his Harmony remote, so he doesn't have the original remote either and he can't be 100% sure he knows what each button really is, so when you test the upgrade if you find that the function names don't really reflect the button names on the original remote, could you please re-label them and post the complete RMDU file when you're done with it.

If you didn't really follow my instructions for finding the gap codes, let me know and I'll do it for you.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiku wrote:
mdavej wrote:

Thanks mdavej, there are two Advanced in the RMIR, but none of them has a function to import binary files.

https://imgur.com/a/SBrqAfI

And if i just simply open the file i get the message see in the pic 3.
RM, not RMIR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: