JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmezz13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

You seem to be a very active group of users in this thread. I am in two minds as to whether to post RMIR v2.15.0 initially in the RMIR Development folder or to go straight to a full release, so everyone can respond if they find bugs. If you, collectively, are willing to give it a good test on the 3660/3661, which is one of the more complicated remotes we support, then I will go the Development route. Be aware that there may well be bugs, as v2.15.0 is a really major overhaul that affects all remotes to some extent, but the 3660/3661 and the XSights in particular.

I, for one, am willing to do some testing on my 3660/3680 remotes.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

At the Moment, I do not have that much spare time to give it the thorough testing that it deserves
davecs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind testing the next version on my 3661. I will keep the current version installed on one of my partitions and install the new version on another. That way I can put everything back if something doesn't work.

@mathdon

The correction was on Page 16 of this thread, HamburgerHelper1's post dated Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:10 pm.

Can I make another suggestion for the next version? The Readme.html file for RMDU is still pretty much up to date, except for the very last section "Output". We don't copy and paste stuff into RMIR, we save the rmdu file then open it again when we add a new device in RMIR and it puts up a window similar to RMDU.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:13 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Even though i have limited time I can do some testing in general. Like I will always do
But without doing any fancy setups or anything out of the ordinary it may not yield much in the way of Bug Results
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
RMIR v2.15.0 is getting close, so if you are aware of any omissions such as this, please post it here.

You seem to be a very active group of users in this thread. I am in two minds as to whether to post RMIR v2.15.0 initially in the RMIR Development folder or to go straight to a full release, so everyone can respond if they find bugs. If you, collectively, are willing to give it a good test on the 3660/3661, which is one of the more complicated remotes we support, then I will go the Development route. Be aware that there may well be bugs, as v2.15.0 is a really major overhaul that affects all remotes to some extent, but the 3660/3661 and the XSights in particular.

J̶u̶s̶t̶ o̶n̶e̶ o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ d̶o̶ I̶ f̶i̶n̶d̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶?̶

That's OK I found the folder, how will I know when something is ready to test?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
That's OK I found the folder, how will I know when something is ready to test?

I will post a link in this thread when it is ready. I am hoping that will be within the next few days.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Even though i have limited time I can do some testing in general. Like I will always do. But without doing any fancy setups or anything out of the ordinary it may not yield much in the way of Bug Results

I am hoping there will not be any bugs related to the URC-3660 and similar. You will find, however, significant changes in how RMIR works with these remotes. Your views on these changes will be very welcome, and apparent even if you have limited time.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:11 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I am hoping there will not be any bugs related to the URC-3660 and similar. You will find, however, significant changes in how RMIR works with these remotes. Your views on these changes will be very welcome, and apparent even if you have limited time.

Oh I am very sure I will make the time one way or another.
I have been waiting for this like a child on Christmas Eve Full of Anticipation
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Well I am going to need Grahams opinion on this
On some of the JP1 remotes we have 9xx command 986 save configuration and 977 Restore Configuration.
What I found is that the vender setup id segment type 14 on the 3660/3680 accomplishes this a little differently
It appears that setting the vendor setup id 9xx command 968 might be the same as save config 9xx command 986
However to set this 9xx command the procedure is hold setup till 2 blinks then enter 968 2 blinks then enter a 4 digit pin of your choice 2 blinks
9xx command 977 will restore your config
Now if you want to save a new config of a new setup you need to delete segment 14 and upload that. Then when you enter 968 you can save your new setup

Also if you forgot the pin number, which is probably considered the vendor setup ID that you set, you can blink it back with 9xx command 989 then press1 and count the blinks then 2 count the blinks then ,3 and ,4
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I have not found a 9xx command that would clear the Vendor setup ID
That is why I had to delete the segment to repeat this.
I assume it is meant to only be set ounce by the Vendor anyway
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
Well I am going to need Grahams opinion on this
On some of the JP1 remotes we have 9xx command 986 save configuration and 977 Restore Configuration.
What I found is that the vender setup id segment type 14 on the 3660/3680 accomplishes this a little differently
It appears that setting the vendor setup id 9xx command 968 might be the same as save config 9xx command 986
However to set this 9xx command the procedure is hold setup till 2 blinks then enter 968 2 blinks then enter a 4 digit pin of your choice 2 blinks
9xx command 977 will restore your config
Now if you want to save a new config of a new setup you need to delete segment 14 and upload that. Then when you enter 968 you can save your new setup

Also if you forgot the pin number, which is probably considered the vendor setup ID that you set, you can blink it back with 9xx command 989 then press1 and count the blinks then 2 count the blinks then ,3 and ,4

This seems very similar to the behaviour I found on the URC-7935. This is a streamer remote that does not have a numeric keypad, but by dual use of other buttons it does allow the entry of digits 1-6 and 6xx commands take the place of 9xx commands on remotes with numeric keypads. Here are my notes on segment type 14 for that remote:

"In the URC-7935 this segment is created by a 664 command followed by entry of four digits (1-6 in this remote) that form the idData bytes. Once this segment exists, the 664 command is disabled. The command then creates a backup copy of each device segment, these having segment flags 0x5F, and changes segments with flags 0xFF to default segments with flags 0xDF for all types other than 0x00 (device) and 0x1D (anti-piracy). The idData can be blinked back by a 665 command. The nature of these operations suggest that they are performed by a vendor to create vendor-specific defaults and that the idData bytes are identifiers for those defaults, but this has not been confirmed in any other way."
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:49 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Graham Wrote:
Quote:
"In the URC-7935 this segment is created by a 664 command followed by entry of four digits (1-6 in this remote) that form the idData bytes. Once this segment exists, the 664 command is disabled. The command then creates a backup copy of each device segment, these having segment flags 0x5F, and changes segments with flags 0xFF to default segments with flags 0xDF for all types other than 0x00 (device) and 0x1D (anti-piracy). The idData can be blinked back by a 665 command. The nature of these operations suggest that they are performed by a vendor to create vendor-specific defaults and that the idData bytes are identifiers for those defaults, but this has not been confirmed in any other way."

That is interesting, ever since I found Segment 14 in the 3660 I wanted to find out what it was for so I pursued it and now my curiosity is satisfied
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:49 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Segment 14 just saves the config and not all data
Well Grahams knowledge will be needed on this
After having segment 14 present I made a copy of a combined upgrade segment and changed the flag to 5F. I uploaded this to remote.
I Re-downloaded ,then deleted the original device upgrade and uploaded and downloaded
again. My original upgrade gone
I Then did 9xx command 977 to restore config and my upgrade is now back, copied from the backup.
So it appears i can have a somewhat permanent copy of my upgrades in the remote
I need to test if I can backup my "special functions" Macro's with this method as well
It would come in handy for me
What i don't know about is how much memory can be used for the backup
Hence Grahams wisdom
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
What i don't know about is how much memory can be used for the backup

You don't need me to tell you this. Just look in the Segment Editor to see how much is currently used. The backup segments are there, together with the current segments. The only limitation is the space that is available for segments. You can see the free space in the Raw Data tab, the area full of FFs at the end.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:31 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Yes I should have figured it out
I guess I was thinking that some memory might be allocated for upgrades
and some other area for learned signals
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: