JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mediasonic Homeworx HW-150PVR TV tuner/PVR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Mediasonic Homeworx HW-150PVR TV tuner/PVR Reply with quote

1. Device: Mediasonic Homeworx HW-150PVR
2. Type of device: TV tuner/PVR
3. Year: 2013-current
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Xsight Color ARRX15G
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? N/A
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? N/A
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? N/A
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? N/A

Good evening fine folks,

I bought myself one of these little widgets so that I could watch TV in my living room until I actually break down and buy a new TV (our old TV died so I'm using an even older TV, but that one I don't have any way of getting sound to the also ancient receiver which needs to be replaced as well.) Knocked together an upgrade here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26442

however I can find no mention anywhere of there being discrete power codes for this, Harmony doesn't have anything except the buttons on the original remote, and I found mention on Mediasonic's forums here

http://forum.mediasonic.ca/viewtopic.php?t=1655

with no real answer to the question (I signed up, but I think maybe nobody's watching those forums anymore.)

Can anyone tell me for sure if there are or aren't discretes for the power commands, or am I sentenced to sitting down and trying all the unused OBCs to get an answer to this question?

If there are no discretes, is there any similar kind of box that has them? I really don't care about the recording function just want a good solid OTA TV tuner that has all the up to date audio codecs. ATSC 3.0 would be a bonus but it seems that those start at about $200 or so and are more like combination tuners/DVRs/media servers.

thanks...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mediasonic Homeworx HW-150PVR TV tuner/PVR Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
Can anyone tell me for sure if there are or aren't discretes for the power commands, or am I sentenced to sitting down and trying all the unused OBCs to get an answer to this question?

Sentenced? You know most of love getting the chance to explore looking for secret codes, right? Anyway, looking at your upgrade, it looks like this is one where the "decimal 32" bit is never set, I don't know why they do that but it's fairly common. That means there's only 128 OBCs that might work.

So, the valid OBC ranges are:
000-031 - all spots accounted for
064-095 - 64-67, 88-90 and 93-95 taken
128-159 - open
192-223 - open

Personally, I'd be curious if 91 and 92 do anything. Next I'd try 68-87. I doubt that the 128+ OBCs do anything, but you never know.

Not so daunting now, is it? Only 22 codes to test.

But having said that, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high that you'll find them, as if there were there, somebody would probably have found them already.

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your upgrade does line up nicely with many upgrades we already had in our file section for this DVR. For example...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26266

So there was really no need for you to build another one from scratch.

In any case, I still have one of these DVRs from way back in 2013. But I never bothered to hunt for discretes given what a truly awful DVR it is.

Good luck
n8nagel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I didn't see that... and even now, if I google "hw-150 site:hifi-remote.com" I get no obvious results... all that comes up are a couple people discussing bin files and slingboxes. Be that as it may I really don't care about the DVR functionality but even when I get a new TV I may hook it up to an old monitor to make another "TV" along with a HDMI switch for other sources. Since I already have the stuff, it'd be "free".

Anyway, I still haven't seen anything about discretes so I guess I will have to spend some time looking for them. I am not hopeful given that this thing has been out for at least 8 years now... why do mfgrs. do this? Since we do have a smart power strip I could just plug it into that as it seems to come on by default after a power failure - then it'd be on whenever the receiver is on, whether or not it's being watched.

FWIW it seems to be working well, other than I haven't tested the DVR functionality. It's pulling in at least as many signals as the old TV was.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
I swear I didn't see that... and even now, if I google "hw-150 site:hifi-remote.com" I get no obvious results...
Yeah, I can't explain why the search works so poorly. But words seem to work better than model numbers. "Homeworx" gets results, at least using the "File Search" function above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: