JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

some bug with panasonic mixed combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: some bug with panasonic mixed combo Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26450

First sorry for the multiple duplicate uploads. Not sure why it uploaded many times.

I tried to create a upgrade for my newly bought panasonic th-50j700h led tv. I used Nevo C2 remote to learn from original remote and used rmir to download from Nevo C2. Then I created a upgrade with the convert to upgrade function. It converted to a panasonic mixed combo device. For the information, this protocol can have 1 device and 5 sub-device, which is the case with my learned signals.

However, after I uploaded the newly created device to my Nevo C2, it won't control the tv. I then manually created a upgrade with "panasonic mix combo", it is a different protocol but similarly it can have 1 device and 5 sub-devices. This time it worked.

I am not sure what went wrong. Maybe something wrong with the "panasonic mixed combo"? Please take a look.

BTW, I tried to add the working "panasonic mix protocol" upgrdae to my urc-6440, but it won't let me saying the protocol is not supported. It asked me to create a upgrade with the panasonic mixed combo. Therefore, it may be necessary to fix it so that we can use it on the urc-6440.

Last edited by chuliu on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As all of your learns show the same device code, I switched it to the regular Panasonic combo code, give this a try...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26451
chuliu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rob. It works.
I will upload my finalised upgrade for panasonic th-50j700h here and update the link later.

So, what could be wrong with the upgrade created by convert to upgrade function, i.e. automatically?

Here is the upgrade file.

Last edited by chuliu on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, you didn't do anything obviously wrong in the way you set it up, so there may be a bug either in the executor code itself (unlikely as you are using a built-in executor) or with RMIR's implementation of it in protocols.ini
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I don't know, you didn't do anything obviously wrong in the way you set it up, so there may be a bug either in the executor code itself (unlikely as you are using a built-in executor) or with RMIR's implementation of it in protocols.ini

The conversion to a device upgrade worked properly. A comparison of the functions on Cable/2001 in the Device Upgrade Editor with the signals on the Learned Signals tab shows that the protocol and all its parameters are correct for the converted signals. However, I have loaded your file into my Nevo and can confirm that it is not sending the correct signals. I can think of several possibilities. It could, for example, be that the RDF for this remote specifies the wrong variant for the executor. I will try to look into that.

I would also like to point out that RMIR can convert your learned signals into any protocol compatible both with your signals and your remote, including to the Panasonic Combo protocol that Rob has used. Go to the menu Options > Suppress Messages and uncheck the item "Import options" that is checked by default. If you run the conversion to device upgrade again, you will now get a list of all valid conversions, from which you can pick the one to use. Two of these are shown as built in to the remote and can convert all the signals. These are the Panasonic Mixed Combo (PID 001F:8) and the Panasonic Combo (PID 00CD:2). The option is checked by default out of a feeling that it makes the conversion rather too complicated for the novice user, who just wants any conversion that works. However it hides the power of the conversion process, which can make any valid conversion and not merely the default one.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking a look into it and for letting me know the feature of the rmir.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Chuliu
What version of RMIR are you using? When I said

Quote:
I have loaded your file into my Nevo and can confirm that it is not sending the correct signals.

that is exactly what I did, I tested your upgrade Cable/2001 on the panasonic tv device button. I have now repeated the conversion with the current release, v2.13.2 and found that it works correctly.

The difference, by the way, is in the 2nd byte of the 2-byte value in the Hex column on the Functions tab of the Device Upgrade Editor, so my earlier comparison of Device, Subdevice and OBC values between the device upgrade and the original learned signals did not show up the problem. It looks to me as if there was an error in an earlier version of RMIR that you have used but that it has since been corrected.

Please download either the current release, v2.13.2, or the latest development build, v2.13.7 and repeat the conversion in exactly the way you did before and see if it now works. I ask this to check that it really is the RMIR version that was causing the problem and not something else that is different between my setup and yours which I have not yet found.
chuliu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using rmir v2.12.8. I downloaded v2.13.2 and did the convert to device upgrade and it worked. I think it really is that the issue was fixed in v2.13.2. I also repeated the conversion again in v2.12.8, and it still didn't work to control the tv. So, case closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: