JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minor Errors In URC-1060 RDF and Map Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Minor Errors In URC-1060 RDF and Map Files Reply with quote

For the URC-1060 remote control, there is a minor issue in 2 RDF files and a somewhat-less-minor issue in the map file. This is for the files that are distributed with the latest development version of RMIR, i.e. 2.13.7.
  1. There are 4 cases of use of an upper-case 'U' in "Audio":
    Code:
    2.13.7/RDF/30653065 (URC-1060).rdf : CD/AUdio = 3

2.13.7/RDF/30653065 (URC-1060).rdf : CD/AUdio = CD,Tuner,Home Auto,Misc Audio,Phono,Amp

2.13.7/RDF/202608 (Charter OCAP C4000 URC-1060BC2).rdf : CD/AUdio = 3

2.13.7/RDF/202608 (Charter OCAP C4000 URC-1060BC2).rdf : CD/AUdio = CD,Tuner,Home Auto,Misc Audio,Phono,Amp

2. The map file appears, to my eye and testing, to have the position of the 'PageUp' and 'PageDown' buttons backwards. This issue is a bit confusing, however. I have the URC-1060-BC3 version of this remote (signature 202608) and, although it's impossible to see in the image for this remote, there is a '+' sign on the left "PAGE" button and a '-' sign on the right "PAGE" button.

The RDF makes this assignment:
    Code:
    "next track":PageUp=$23,
    "prev track":PageDown=$24,

But the map file has this (putting the "PageUp" button on the right):
    Code:
    circle PageUp  127,122 127,131
    circle PageDown  26,106 26,114

This led to a mis-assignment in my testing when using RMIR to assign functions to buttons. The code that I was "shooting" was not on the button that I thought it was.

At first, I thought that the RDF was wrong, but after some testing, I realized that the map file was wrong and changed it to this (i.e. simply switching the "Down" and "Up" text):
    Code:
    circle PageDown  127,122 127,131
    circle PageUp  26,106 26,114

That made things work sensibly.
Therefore, if possible, I would recommend appropriate changes to these files whenever convenient. Thanks!
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears as if a moderator has moved this thread from the "JP1 - Software" section to the "JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs" section. But if you read the descriptions of those 2 sections, as I did before posting, I would suggest that the original section was the correct one, given the content of my post.
  • JP1 - Software
    Quote:
    Discussion forum for JP1 software tools currently in use, or being developed, such as IR, KM, RemoteMaster, RDF files, and other misc apps/tools.
  • JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
    Quote:
    If you have a new remote that isn't recognized by RMIR, post the details here so we can help create a new RDF for it.
Oh nameless moderator, please explain why my initial selection was incorrect. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey WM, this is the forum where we do all of the RDF work, I understood your post to be suggesting changes to the RDF and/or the maps. Are you in fact saying that the software itself (ie, RMIR) needs to be modified?
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Are you in fact saying that the software itself (ie, RMIR) needs to be modified?
Hey, Rob! RMIR needs no modification. But if my post with the suggestion to change an old RDF for an old remote really belongs in the "New Remotes & RDFs" section, then I'd strongly suggest that both of those sections' descriptions need updating to avoid confusing people who read them before posting.

Also, although I suspect that this is less important, I'd point out that the section descriptions provide no guidance to people with posts about "map" files (or image files) for remote controls.

Wait! You cheater! Smile You just updated the descriptions! So, nevermind....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDF folder is relatively new (like last 2 years maybe). I did a ton of RDF work so I moved all the old threads into the new folder back at that time.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WagonMaster wrote:
Therefore, if possible, I would recommend appropriate changes to these files whenever convenient.

I have made these changes for the next official release, which will be RMIR v2.14.0.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The RDF folder is relatively new (like last 2 years maybe). I did a ton of RDF work so I moved all the old threads into the new folder back at that time.
Gotcha... thanks, that helps! And I think the 2 updated section descriptions remove all ambiguity and will be less confusing for new posters now.

mathdon wrote:
I have made these changes for the next official release, which will be RMIR v2.14.0.
Wow... super service! Thank you, Graham!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: