JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

iPure PV42F monitor stuck in hotel mode
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotto

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: iPure PV42F monitor stuck in hotel mode Reply with quote

Hi , every body

i'm french guy then excuse my poor language.

i passed the first step (with FTDI usb cable ) and "download from remote" my URC75556 one for all with the IR program .Many infos appears with a "1342 code" display...

My problem is that i have a monitor lcd in "hotel mode" associate to this remote and it doesn't allow me to access the LCD menu .

What would be for me the next step to unlock or create a effective button "menu" ?
Note i'm newbie in programing..

Thanks in advance !

Guillaume

Crying or Very sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guillaume,
We would need to know the brand and model of the monitor.
hotto

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

Hi,Rob

my LCD monitor is a "IPURE PV42F"...

I have verified with my phone (photo mode) if i have a signal send by the remote when i pressed the "menu" button or "numeric" buttons (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0) and yes i have ..
but nothing happen on the screen ...

Thanks for your help !

Guillaume
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Guillaume!

Taking a device out out hotel mode can be (and should be!) tricky. Assuming that you have acquired the monitor in a normal way; you should address the seller and request him/her provide a fix, or, it not able, reverse the purchase. He/she sold you a device that is not fully functional (unless explicitly stating that it was defect in the sense of being in hotel mode).

There is also the possibility that the device is stolen (possibly from a hotel?). If that is the case, I do not think it is appropriate for us to help. You can call the police (or manufacturer?) and ask if the serial number is known to be stolen.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, we do not have any upgrade files for iPure monitors, but if it responds to TV/1342, that implies it uses an NEC1 signal with device code 134.21, which is shared with the Plus U5-112 and Viewsonic PJ250 DLP digital projectors.

I tried searching for a user manual for this set but couldn't find one, maybe you will have better luck. The OEM site is https://ipure.eu/ you could try contacting them to see if they will help.

Which JP1 remote do you have? I think URC-75556 is a typo. Does your JP1 remote have learning? If so, please learn all the buttons from your iPure remote and create an upgrade.
hotto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

Hi,
First of all , nothing stolen here, i work in a hotel which sold all old monitors TV for a newest installation and system.

Effectively this remote is URC 11/7555800.

I don't know if there is a "learning mode" on it...

Do you think i can try a update with the link "Plus U5-112 or Viewsonic.."

If it doesn't work i ll try to contact IPURE

Thank really much !!

Guillaume
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the hotel have service manuals or user manuals for this TV? If so, one of them might describe how to put it in, and take it out, of hotel mode. I assume the hotel would have had to do some custom programming on the TVs.

Regarding your JP1 remote, I suspect you have the URC-7555 but perhaps you could do a 983 Remote Signature Blink Back to see what the signature is. Did you get a user manual with it when you bought it? The manual should describe how to learn if it has that feature.

As for trying those 2 upgrades, sure, give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.
hotto

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

Hi,
Thank for these previous help !

I find out the restrict mode is done by a programmation of the monitor and not the remote..
am'i right ?

Currently , my problem is when i use the button "menu" from the monitor , i have a hide code on the screen with six stars displayed...i try from there many manipulations without success.

with the menu button from the remote , nothing happen on the screen
despite the signal send..

No help possible from anyone (hotel or Ipure).

What would be the next step for me ?

thank you Rob !

Guillaume
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

hotto wrote:
I find out the restrict mode is done by a programmation of the monitor and not the remote.. am i right ?

I have no idea, it could be either.

hotto wrote:
Currently , my problem is when i use the button "menu" from the monitor , i have a hide code on the screen with six stars displayed...i try from there many manipulations without success.

That sounds like a password, so if you knew the right code, you could probably break it out of hotel mode. Only 1,000,000 combinations to try! Smile

hotto wrote:
No help possible from anyone (hotel or Ipure).

If you work at the hotel in question, how come nobody there can help you?

hotto wrote:
What would be the next step for me ?

If you can't find a service manual, can't get help from the hotel or iPure, then the only other option is brute force. I don't know if there are devices out there that you can program to send a 6 digit number via remote and then increment it and try again, and just keep going. Trying 1m code combinations manually would take quite a bit of time! Smile
hotto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

bonjour
Merci déja pour toutes ces infos...

J'aimerais comprendre comment utiliser les fichiers RDF pour essayer de uploader la télécommande ...
Je pensais qu'il fallait prendre le fichier RDF voulu et le lire avec le logiciel IR, et uploader sur la telecommande branchée via usb.

Apparemment ce n'est pas ça ...

Faut il juste rentrer un seul code dans l'IR ou bien utiliser un fichier RDF qui renseigne toutes les fonctions dans l'IR ...

Vous m'avez proposer des mises à niveau avec par ex "plus U5 -112" sur ma télécommande qui a effectivement un code 1342..
Je vais a "set directory" puis "RDF file" puis "plus U5" mais l'IR ne" lit pas" le fichier ?

Comment utiliser ces fichiers RDF ?

Je vais essayer de retrouver les dossiers de maintenance de ce LCD ,voir si je peux retrouver un code...

Merci !

Guillaume

[/b]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

I have translated your post, to help others.
hotto wrote:
Hello
Thank you for all this info.

I would like to understand how to use RDF files to try to upload the remote.
I thought we had to take the desired RDF file and read it with the IR software, and upload to the remote control connected via usb.

Apparently that's not it.

You just have to enter a single code in the IR or use an RDF file which informs all the functions in the IR.

You offered me upgrades with eg "plus U5 -112" on my remote which actually has a code 1342.

I go to "set directory" then "RDF file" then "plus U5" but the IR does not "read" the file?

How to use these RDF files?

I will try to find the maintenance records for this LCD, see if I can find a code.

Thank you !

Guillaume

You should probably do some reading up on JP1 before continuing. I know you will have to translate the page, so hopefully you will understand it.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F

First confusion, RDF vs RDMU files. The RDFs contain information about your JP1 remote, they have nothing to do with the device that you're trying to control nor upgrade files. RMDU files are the upgrade files, these contain information about the device that you want to control, rather than your JP1 remote.

So maybe, we should first clear up the confusion about which JP1 remote you have, as URC-75556 is not a valid model number. When you use RMIR to download the memory from your remote, what is the remote signature? (It's shown in the Raw Data tab).

Next, the setup code number used in an upgrade is irrelevant, the person who created the upgrade is free to use whatever number they like, so even if the number they chose is already in your remote, that's likely just a coincidence.

The way to use an upgrade is like this:
  • First, download your remote's memory using RMIR, then save the results as an RMIR file.
  • Then, go to the Devices tab, click New, click Open and select your RMDU file (ie, the one you downloaded from my link)
  • Next, go to the Buttons or Layout tabs and check that all the functions are assigned to buttons, and make any changes that you like.
  • Click OK, and assign the upgrade to a device button on the pop-up that appears
  • Save this new RMIR image as a new file and upload it to your remote, then test it on your device.

hotto

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour Rob
Merci pour cette formation express..
Je m'instruis et vous tiens au jus.

Guillaume
hotto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

Bonjour Rob
Ptit soucis avec la 2em etape...

"Tout d'abord, téléchargez la mémoire de votre télécommande à l'aide de RMIR, puis enregistrez les résultats sous forme de fichier RMIR"

C'est fait :

signature : 10751075
Processor freescale HCS08
JP1.2
ref / 7555 OFA5

Par contre , je n'arrive pas à transformer et sauvegarder le fichier RMDU en RMIR ?

1 Je reste dans RMIR / files / new / device upgrade ou bien je vais dans
2 RMDU (en java) en ouvrant le fichier plus U5-112 ?

Merci,

Guillaume
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

hotto wrote:
Hi Rob
No worries with the 2nd step ...

"First, download your remote's memory using RMIR, then save the results as an RMIR file"

It is done :

signature: 10751075
Freescale processor HCS08
JP1.2
ref / 7555 OFA5

On the other hand, I cannot transform and save the RMDU file into RMIR?

1 I stay in RMIR / files / new / device upgrade or I go to
2 RMDU (in java) by opening the file plus U5-112?

Thank you,

Guillaume

You don't really explain what went wrong, so I just did it for you. As you didn't post your rmir file, I had to create a new one from scratch, so any programming that you may already have will be lost, though it will be saved in the rmir file that you saved, so you can go back to it.

Here is an rmir file, for your remote, with the Viewsonic upgrade loaded into it.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26372
hotto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: restrict mode remote Reply with quote

Hi , Rob
Thank you for the prepare folder..

i'll charged the remote with it but nothing happen on the lcd screen..

No matter about that but i would like to be able to create others folder for myself for testing many configuration..

i describe my problem ?

1-after connecting via usb my remote i save in RMIR the original configuration.That 's done , no problem for that.

2-i download with your link "U5-112"...
no problem for that .

3-Do have have to open this folder with the TXT program or with the RMDU prog in java.

4-when i open with RMDU prog , i can manage the config of buttons ... ok

But after that , if i save the conf done , i save a RMDU file and not a RMIR folder..

where do i wrong ?

thank you !
Guillaume
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: