JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM and macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karl_Boekelheide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: RM and macros Reply with quote

This may be a way-out-of-date question. I've just recently got serious again about adding devices to my RS15-2117 remote and using RM 8.04 and RemoteMaster v2.02 Beta 1.5w.

I assume there are newer versions but these are working fine.

My question has to do with sending a string of commands. In the past I accomplished that with macros and phantom keys which gets very confusing. In fact, looking at what I have it's not obvious how I did it. Can someone point me to some documentation? What I want to do is have a single key in a single device send out multiple codes across possibly several devices. The simplest example is: power on the DVD sends a DVD power and a select port 2 on an HDMI switch.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM is shorthand for Remote Master, so they're the same thing, I think you mean IR 8.04. IR is completely obsolete and RM 2.02 is way out of date, we're up to 2.12.8 now.

But regardless, you're asking about macros, so the first thing you need to know is, macros are global, they are not limited to one device, so if you decide to use the SWAP button (for example) for your macros, it will take over the SWAP button in ALL device modes, not just DVD mode or TV mode, or whatever.

To program a macro like you describer, and assuming the HMDI switch is on the CD device, and assuming that PORT 2 is on the "2" button, you would include the following steps:
1. DVD
2. POWER
3. CD
4. 2

The steps to program a macro in RMIR are very similar to what they would be in IR.exe, or you could program it on the remote itself using the LCD menu system.

One key advantage to programming a macro thru RMIR vs the remote is that you can program them to shifted device buttons, so that macro to fire up the DVD player could go on shift/DVD if you like. ("Shift" means you press and release the green P button before pressing the actual button, so P, DVD in this case).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: