JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6250BC0 Bell Fibe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that explains why, when I was trying to match the buttons on the PCB to the buttons in the image, I couldn't see where the A/B/C buttons were. Interestingly, once I compiled all the button codes, there were 3 obvious gaps in the sequence.
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe ya and when we are finished with this one, im gonna have another remote for you also.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, give this a try...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26146
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so where you have your phantom buttons on the bottom, select = ok. Everything else seems to be functioning. What does setup lock mean? When i unchecked it from the stb and wrote to the remote, i got no response at all. When i have it checked, on any mode the number keys seem to punch through from stb device mode.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackching wrote:
ok so where you have your phantom buttons on the bottom, select = ok. Everything else seems to be functioning.

I'm not clear on what you're reporting, what's wrong with the phantoms? Btw, I suspect the phantoms are really the A/B/C buttons which are missing from your particular remote.

jackching wrote:
What does setup lock mean? When i unchecked it from the stb and wrote to the remote, i got no response at all. When i have it checked, on any mode the number keys seem to punch through from stb device mode.

I'm not really sure about all that either, I'll need to check the RDF spec and see.

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
jackching wrote:
ok so where you have your phantom buttons on the bottom, select = ok. Everything else seems to be functioning.

I'm not clear on what you're reporting, what's wrong with the phantoms? Btw, I suspect the phantoms are really the A/B/C buttons which are missing from your particular remote.

jackching wrote:
What does setup lock mean? When i unchecked it from the stb and wrote to the remote, i got no response at all. When i have it checked, on any mode the number keys seem to punch through from stb device mode.

I'm not really sure about all that either, I'll need to check the RDF spec and see.

ok do you need me to run anymore tests? I have to check the volume and mute buttons and report back
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i assign volume controls to the tv device button, it seems to knock out all of the stb buttons i had working and nothing works now after i did that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you reporting a problem earlier with the phantom/select/ok post, as I didn't follow it. The first thing I'd like you to try is to load an upgrade and see if everything works properly, like do the functions end up on the right buttons, that sort of thing. Next, try macros and keymoves to see if those work. Sometimes, even if you can't program them on the remote (using 994, etc) you can program them using RMIR.

For any other tests that you do, if something seems wrong, like the volume thing in your last post, please post your RMIR file so I can see what you did.
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasnt really a problem but the OK button wasnt allowing me to assign anything to it in the picture but was able to assign to it on the bottom by the phantom buttons. Does that make sense? So what i did was loaded an upgrade, assigned all of the buttons a command except the volume and mute, wrote it to the remote in stb and all seemed to work. Then i wanted to test volume/mute so i read the remote again and loaded another upgrade for my speakers and assigned vol/mute buttons to TV and wrote to the remote and now no buttons will work on either stb or tv.
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so after i programmed the volume upgrade, i read the remote so i could send you the rmir file and both upgrades were gone from the remote.
jackching

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok after playing around a bit i got everything working. Macros, punch through, key moves were what I tested. One thing i've learned is that setting the device type plays a major role. I was ignoring this at the start and it was causing the remote not to function correctly. I currently have three upgrades on it. One for my tv, one for my audio and one for the satellite. The only thing you have left to do is in the device upgrade editor in the layout tab is to assign "OK" to the OK button. That is what i was mentioning earlier.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see what you're saying regarding the OK button, I called it OK in the map but SELECT in the RDF, I just fixed that. Same link as before.
jackching

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look are there some remotes that are more stubborn then others? With this one i find if i add an upgrade sometimes that it'll send the remote out of whack and none of the other upgrades will work anymore. Then instead of just deleting the upgrade i just added, i have to clear the remote and start again from scratch. Is there a way to clear the remote from rmir instead of 9-8-1? Can you have more than one upgrade set to one device? Now i cant even get it going again. Im doing everything the exact same as when i got it going. Also doing everything the same as my ns-rc01g-09. The ns-rc01g-09 never gave me any troubles like this.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about all that, hopefully someone else can weigh in.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I misunderstood, but it seems your workflow is to download from the remote, make changes, and then upload to the remote. When you want to make more changes, you download again, make the changes, and then upload.

This is not the correct workflow for RMIR, for a number of reasons.

You might start with an initial download from your remote, to which you make some changes, and then upload to the remote. When you're done you should ALWAYS save to a .RMIR file.

When you come back to make more changes, open the saved .rmir file and make changes with that as your base, instead of downloading from the remote again.

For most users, the only reason for downloading is to examine learned signals in order to create a device upgrade. But once the device upgrade has been finalized, you want to add it your previously saved .rmir file.

There are other situations where we download from remotes, such as when we encounter a new remote and need to create an RDF for it.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: